Main WvW Moving from EU to NA

doron.9638

Hello everyone,

I have been playing with my guild "Kiss" for the past 6 years now under the servers of the EU, unfortunately I need to move to the NA servers because I relocated.

My playtime hours are 8-11/12 PM

Please tell me what server is worth moving too and what guilds are available.

I am looking for a casual+ WvW guild

I was for 6 years in EU servers but I need to move to NA because my hours are now changed.

Time zone UTC-5 eastern time(USA & Canada)

I hope it is not going to be locked. I am going to pay a lot of money to transfer my account and I want to make sure it is the right servers with good activity guilds that do raids :/

> @"doron.9638" said:

> I was for 6 years in EU servers but I need to move to NA because my hours are now changed.

> Time zone UTC-5 eastern time(USA & Canada)

> I hope it is not going to be locked. I am going to pay a lot of money to transfer my account and I want to make sure it is the right servers with good activity guilds that do raids :/

Your region has nothing to do with active time zone, it only determines ping, which gives some players a slight advantage. There are servers and guilds across all timezones on both regions because both NA and EU have a healthy population of players from all over the world, not just from those regions. The best thing to do is to look for a server and/or guild that plays in your timezone.

Thank you all for responding, how and where I start to look?

Moving servers cost money and there is no platform that provides a list of the guilds with there active count and time zone.

I actually thought about a great development to the game here :)

> @"doron.9638" said:

> Hello everyone,

> I have been playing with my guild "Kiss" for the past 6 years now under the servers of the EU, unfortunately I need to move to the NA servers because I relocated.

> My playtime hours are 8-11/12 PM

> Please tell me what server is worth moving too and what guilds are available.

> I am looking for a casual+ WvW guild

Go to wvwstats.com. Check the server which has players at your timezone so you have something to do.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> Go to wvwstats.com. Check the server which has players at your timezone so you have something to do.

The only caveat I would say is that these numbers tend to change by a quite a bit when servers move tries (going down will see more pop, and going up will see less), it can change by greater or lesser degrees depending on the server, but if you're splitting hairs between servers who have slightly different tz coverage on the website, it's not a good metric.

That said, if you want good NA content Mag and AR tend to be strongest in that tz, with AR being more guild oriented and Mag being more pug oriented (insert joke about EBG and SMC). At least, that's the perspective of an outsider, if someone from those servers would like to correct me, pls do.

> @"V Winter.5371" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > Go to wvwstats.com. Check the server which has players at your timezone so you have something to do.

>

> The only caveat I would say is that these numbers tend to change by a quite a bit when servers move tries (going down will see more pop, and going up will see less), it can change by greater or lesser degrees depending on the server, but if you're splitting hairs between servers who have slightly different tz coverage on the website, it's not a good metric.

>

> That said, if you want good NA content Mag and AR tend to be strongest in that tz, with AR being more guild oriented and Mag being more pug oriented (insert joke about EBG and SMC). At least, that's the perspective of an outsider, if someone from those servers would like to correct me, pls do.

The change is not so big. You can observe which server carries at which timezone by asking more.

Dropping nsp here then for pst :3

> @"V Winter.5371" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > The change is not so big. You can observe which server carries at which timezone by asking more.

>

> Yeah, not too big, but it does change. Which is why I said my caveat only applies to "hair-splitting" situations, not generally.

>

>

The casual player probably won't know which among the two servers is good until he is there or can know also if asked here.

But shit the anet match up thread rule. :/

Thank you all again, it really helps.

Leaving a guild that you spend 6 years with because of the time zone is sucks and sad, as well as the new guild well need to fill big shoes overall.

I am a casual player, however, I prefer to spend my time playing the game wisely with a strong group that fight as a team.

> @"doron.9638" said:

> Thank you all again, it really helps.

> Leaving a guild that you spend 6 years with because of the time zone is sucks and sad, as well as the new guild well need to fill big shoes overall.

> I am a casual player, however, I prefer to spend my time playing the game wisely with a strong group that fight as a team.

Check also the guild recruitment section of this forum because guilds there show x promote their thing :)