Rifle DeadEye Carry

LastFantasy.8435

Rifle deadeye isnt "meta" . Rifle Deadeye is "useless". Rifle Deadeye isnt as good as DD.

Forget what everyone says. I am recording a couple of my games in Plat/high gold as RIfle Deadeye. Shoutouts to all the Meta bandwagoners that is going to hop on to Rifle as soon as ANET nerfs scourge. This is for you. Subscribe and better vids is in Signature. I will post everyday highlights !

Shout outs to all the true snipers 8). Enjoy!

> @shippage.1983 said:

> You didn't carry. Any build can get kills, doesn't mean it's useful in a team comp.

Didn't manage to watch the video, but if all he got is "kills" then how is this carrying? unless you kill like 80 ppl = 400 points you can lose the game just by having the other team cap points whereas you cannot deal damage while fighting on point.

You didn't carry anything. The enemy team was extremely bad, your team did most of the work. Skyhammer is bad map that actually gives advantage to deadeye - which still is worse than other thief builds. The outcome of the match would be the same if you've played normal thief or were replaced with other player.

watched full video...your enemies team was worse than just bad...when your team got all 3 point adn 100+ score they had no any chance to even reach on mid to try decap it, you went a bit from far in way to they resp where 2-3 of them easily is to find they was on afk on resp because they saw it will be pointless to leave resp agains your much much better team

on start your 1st kill necro...he even didnt pay any attention while you shotting to him, he had this moment to just hurt you some if wasnt possible to kill you but he even didnt touched you as you was so close to him

with that great team againts that very bad enemies I can record video where nude core thief with only 1 weapon can get many kills and carry team with this or just with revenant bunker is able to kill many people lol

@OP not helping us there, buddy. Yes Rifle is great in "win-more" situations but that's exactly the problem.

Not hating i also make it work at Gold rating but i'm just seeing how it might not make it much farther in its current state since as soon as you start running into people running Reflects, Protection etc. that have the situal awareness to use these skills properly, you're basically countered and stuck doing the same job as a Daredevil with half the 1v1 potential they have instead of helping in Teamfights like you're supposed to.

Been trying to play around with some weapon swaps, (S/D or P/P mostly) to alleviate that but losing SB 5 make us lose so much utility its hard to justify, specially since its incredibly helpful to reach some shortcuts and sniping perches.

Really hoping they have something in store for us in the balance patch that will make us a bit more versatile.

While the video was slightly enjoyable, carry your team you did not do. As mentioned already, enemy team was not that great. Maybe having an off night or were drunk or all new...who knows.

I was kinda hoping the necro would have condi bombed ya to see how you manage that tbh. That would have been interesting to see. Sorry mate. Hope you make better videos tho of you "carrying" your team.

I am also willing to bet that overall, your team wouldn't truthfully claim you "carried" them tho.

• 3 weeks later...

> @Kondor.2904 said:

> Like lol, wth is this, enemy team rushing their close 1 by 1 ? Spawn camp new meta ? Was that unranked ? Deadeye carry ? I'd say the enemy team carried you lol. Come on, you can do better than this.

to be fair, the average player in gw2 is godawful. so like, terrible play is to be expected

imo, it’s really hard to judge actual build viability outside of ATs & UGO. solo queue roulette has so many bad comps, awful rotations & bad plays, that it can’t really give a good indicator of how good a build really is. case in point, people can farm kills w burn guardian in ranked, which is a build that’s awful in actual competitive play

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> @"LastFantasy.8435"

>

> *Presses Air 4, overload air, you hit shocking aura, daze, your burst is now canceled*

>

> *Presses overload earth, inb4 your burst is reflected*

>

> No your rifle is not meta when even, a decent Tempest, can swap earth and air to nullify your main burst.

Not that I think Rifle is or will be meta, but why would a Tempest ever have its focus on a DeadEye, other than chasing it down after it's team lost a teamfight...? Your "counter" to this is great in theory, when you are directly engaged with a rifle Deadeye, but there is no reason, in a competitive teamfight, that you would be paying so much attention to the Deadeye to know exactly when its burst is coming, let alone if it is even firing at *you specifically*

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > @"LastFantasy.8435"

> >

> > *Presses Air 4, overload air, you hit shocking aura, daze, your burst is now canceled*

> >

> > *Presses overload earth, inb4 your burst is reflected*

> >

> > No your rifle is not meta when even, a decent Tempest, can swap earth and air to nullify your main burst.

>

> Not that I think Rifle is or will be meta, but why would a Tempest ever have its focus on a DeadEye, other than chasing it down after it's team lost a teamfight...? Your "counter" to this is great in theory, when you are directly engaged with a rifle Deadeye, but there is no reason, in a competitive teamfight, that you would be paying so much attention to the Deadeye to know exactly when its burst is coming, let alone if it is even firing at *you specifically*

Did I mention if Tempest was directly encountering a Deadeye?

No.

But as a support class, and still part of the team, while being a low health target you are still very much a target.

Deadeye would want to aim for you, especially since ele cooldowns and management is so important.

So yes, as an auramancer player it is good to know what you can do in order to lessen or cancel their burst. And if you played the class you would know that air 4 protects people from projectiles in a radius, so that in itself is vital not for just yourself but for your team. You are a support for a reason.

Honestly, who the hell wouldn't be paying attention to a spec's purpose on taking out specific targets. Come on now.