Underwater Mount

• 8 months later...

I do not think we need an underwater mount, I can hardly imagine one that wouldn't make us look like idiots. However a sea scooter would be neat.

That said, I believe every class need at least another 2 underwater weapons and a set of underwater armour.

It really sucks that we cannot make a decent build because our underwater weapons aren't fit to more than one set of attributes.

ANet only recently released the swim infusions which deal with the move speed issue. If they were to introduce an underwater mount, the only place those infusions would be useful would be the old "pre-mount" instanced content (like fractals). I don't know if the infusions were introduced as a gold sink only, but the demand for them would plummet in this scenario.

Although I'm neither for nor against an underwater mount, I don't see it happening because of the above reason.

> @"akenoyuki.8210" said:

> Yes please, It will complete our mount :D

> But.. It depends if our next LW have something to do with underwater content

I wish the next expansion would be a thawed out Jade sea in Cantha where that dragon that was stuck in gw1 would rise (or sink). With the water combat revamp my hopes got higher.

> @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> We have swim infusions and skimmer speed what else you need? There's nothing wrong with water content and never was, I for one will never get swim speed or even ascended breather mask, too time consuming and we don't need nada to kill underwater creatures with. B)

We already have 25% speed boosts so by that logic we never would've gotten the land mounts either. I think it could be very exciting to get underwater mounts, especially alongside a proper underwater mechanics overhaul and new content

> @"Phosphorite.6192" said:

> > @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> > We have swim infusions and skimmer speed what else you need? There's nothing wrong with water content and never was, I for one will never get swim speed or even ascended breather mask, too time consuming and we don't need nada to kill underwater creatures with. B)

>

> We already have 25% speed boosts so by that logic we never would've gotten the land mounts either. I think it could be very exciting to get underwater mounts, especially alongside a proper underwater mechanics overhaul and new content

As far as I know the only place we get a permanent speed boost is in towns, so I'd like to know where we get that permanent 25% speed boost while out of combat, from? :open_mouth:

> @"Zelanard.5806" said:

> > @"Phosphorite.6192" said:

> > > @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> > > We have swim infusions and skimmer speed what else you need? There's nothing wrong with water content and never was, I for one will never get swim speed or even ascended breather mask, too time consuming and we don't need nada to kill underwater creatures with. B)

> >

> > We already have 25% speed boosts so by that logic we never would've gotten the land mounts either. I think it could be very exciting to get underwater mounts, especially alongside a proper underwater mechanics overhaul and new content

>

> As far as I know the only place we get a permanent speed boost is in towns, so I'd like to know where we get that permanent 25% speed boost while out of combat, from? :open_mouth:

Many classes either have almost perma access to swiftness or traits/signets that give you a flat 25% bonus.

> @"Phosphorite.6192" said:

> > @"Zelanard.5806" said:

> > > @"Phosphorite.6192" said:

> > > > @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> > > > We have swim infusions and skimmer speed what else you need? There's nothing wrong with water content and never was, I for one will never get swim speed or even ascended breather mask, too time consuming and we don't need nada to kill underwater creatures with. B)

> > >

> > > We already have 25% speed boosts so by that logic we never would've gotten the land mounts either. I think it could be very exciting to get underwater mounts, especially alongside a proper underwater mechanics overhaul and new content

> >

> > As far as I know the only place we get a permanent speed boost is in towns, so I'd like to know where we get that permanent 25% speed boost while out of combat, from? :open_mouth:

>

> Many classes either have almost perma access to swiftness or traits/signets that give you a flat 25% bonus.

That is hardly relevant to the topic at all though, since we have that both under and above water. Meanwhile the infusions in the argument above are a completely different, and much more permanent, boost that stack with the other types of speed boost. For the skill related speed boosts we do not pay anything. For the swim speed infusions we pay so much gold it's crazy. Your comparison here is thus completely unfair.