Is there a cap to ferocity and/or expertise?

I seem to recall that there was (is?) a cap on ferocity at 100% (1500 points @ level 80). But, the wiki page doesn't mention a cap anymore.

Is there a cap on ferocity?

And, is there a cap on expertise? The expertise page also doesn't mention a cap.

(And for both questions, is it documented someplace I haven't been able to find?)

You can only get up to 100% condition duration regardless of source (expertise or flat % and trait modifiers).

I doubt there's a cap on ferocity, if there was then people would not run power weavers with over 270% critical damage, Beast Mastery full zerk Soulbeasts in PVE which push over 250% crit damage (~280% while merged and ~300% under Fury), Berserkers with over 250% critical damage, rifle Deadeyes over 246% critical damage, and power Holosmiths and Dragonhunters with over 240% critical damage.

Just remember that ferocity is not as important as base power especially when you don't have 100% critical chance, i.e. 2800 power * 270% critical damage = 7560 effective power while something with 3100 power and 250% is 7750 effective power. With 25 might those two scenarios become 9585 and 9625 effective power respectively.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> I seem to recall that there was (is?) a cap on ferocity at 100% (1500 points @ level 80). But, the wiki page doesn't mention a cap anymore.

>

> Is there a cap on ferocity?

>

No, there is a cap on precision (at 100%).

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> And, is there a cap on expertise? The expertise page also doesn't mention a cap.

>

Yes, at 100% condition duration.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> (And for both questions, is it documented someplace I haven't been able to find?)

Once again, using the wiki helps:

> Condition Duration, like Boon Duration, has a **ceiling of 100%**.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration

> From the above equation, it follows 2995 precision is enough to reach **the cap of 100% crit chance**

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precision

There is no mention of a cap to ferocity on any of the related wiki pages, because there is none.