Crashing when applying new Maguuma Treads

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone explain why support suddenly does not write back to the ticket, and takes continuous part on twitter = of course not responding to the seriousness of the situation ?

by the mistake of the creators we will not recover the accounts to which we spent a lot of real money?

maybe it's worth setting up a Twitter account and publishing a mass problem?

OK i found a **SEMI FIX**

It works better the more character slots you have.

you will still crash but it takes longer allowing you to select what character you want to play.

On character select the game seems to render the characters in order so try to log in someone else and bump the bugged character to the back of the line.

The more characters you manage to put in front of the bugged one the longer you get in character select before crashing.

I have 50 chars and managed to bump my bugged one all the way to the back and now i have plenty of time to select any other character i want to.

Obviously if you only have the standard amount of characters this wont make much of a difference.

Hope this helps some people.

> @"Fade.5904" said:

> OK i found a **SEMI FIX**

> It works better the more character slots you have.

> you will still crash but it takes longer allowing you to select what character you want to play.

> On character select the game seems to render the characters in order so try to log in someone else and bump the bugged character to the back of the line.

> The more characters you manage to put in front of the bugged one the longer you get in character select before crashing.

> I have 50 chars and managed to bump my bugged one all the way to the back and now i have plenty of time to select any other character i want to.

> Obviously if you only have the standard amount of characters this wont make much of a difference.

> Hope this helps some people.

@"Fade.5904" I did the same thing a couple of nights ago. I can vouch for this. Though, I only have 11 characters. lol

> @"AneLiSgi.2791" said:

> we're all waiting ……….

Well its a Sunday so dont expect a fix. They are also probably working on minimal staff cause of the Virus, so its probably gonna take awhile anyways, if the fix is even a fast one. Considering that someone else above mentioned that the foefire pieces are doing the same i doubt it is.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"AneLiSgi.2791" said:

> > we're all waiting ……….

>

> Well its a Sunday so dont expect a fix. They are also probably working on minimal staff cause of the Virus, so its probably gonna take awhile anyways, if the fix is even a fast one. Considering that someone else above mentioned that the foefire pieces are doing the same i doubt it is.

Well it's been over 5 full days since they introduced this bug that prevents people from logging in to the game past character select and they've said absolutely nothing in that time. I'd say people have a right to be pissed off right now even though "it's a Sunday"

> @"RUBIK.1376" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"AneLiSgi.2791" said:

> > > we're all waiting ……….

> >

> > Well its a Sunday so dont expect a fix. They are also probably working on minimal staff cause of the Virus, so its probably gonna take awhile anyways, if the fix is even a fast one. Considering that someone else above mentioned that the foefire pieces are doing the same i doubt it is.

>

> Well it's been over 5 full days since they introduced this bug that prevents people from logging in to the game past character select and they've said absolutely nothing in that time. I'd say people have a right to be pissed off right now even though "it's a Sunday"

They have said something, on their twitter. Which ill agree isnt the best given they should post here first, regardless they have. Dont think i said anywhere in that post that they couldnt be pissed off, did i? No.

So after about 5 days and some change, got a response back from the Ticket I submitted. Looks like they are aware and working on it but no ETA was given. Copied the response I got below.

> Hello

>

> Please excuse the delay, we've seen a sudden increase in ticket volume as of late.

>

> Unfortunately, it is a known issue at the moment and we are working as best we can to fix it, we do not know exactly when the issue will be fixed though. The best advice I can offer is to keep an eye on the known issue tracker and the forums.

> Regards,

> > keep an eye on the known issue tracker and the forums.

Are they really trying to say that they're going to post information about this on the forums? The forum post reporting this bug that has been completely ignored for the past 7 days? fucking really?

Still no fix after update, I cannot stress how important of an issue this is when it is locking players out of the game...

Guys, if you click fast enough onto one of your character that does not have the skin, you will be able to log in, however you cannot play those characters with the skin otherwise the game will just crash. Hope this helps for the time being

Or maybe, juuuust maybe, the issue is bigger than it initially seemed and can't just be fixed in a week's time?

Someone mentioned it happening with Foefire X Maguuma and Maguuma X Leystone, so what's to say they aren't trying to find out and fix all the crash-inducing combos in one go? :U

Hey ArenaNet, it's me again. Since the giant patch today once again failed to fix this insanely awful problem for which you have continued to fail to have open communication with your players about, I decided to do your job for you. You're welcome I'll expect my direct deposit this Friday. I crashed my game dozens of times doing all of this in the preview window. I was unable to reproduce any of this while using Foefire pieces. All 3 Maguuma pieces will cause a crash when combined with the following headpieces (Human Medium Headpieces tested only):

SKINS THAT CAUSE CRASHES:

Glint's Gaze (and the 3 Glowing Masks), Leystone (any armor piece not just head), Confessor Caudecus's Mask, Enchanted Winter Antler, all 3 Zephyrite Helmets, Zodiac, Wurmslayer, Sworn Zaishen, White Mantle Elite Guard, Requiem, Mistforged Glorious (Triumphant doesn't crash), Luminous Skyscale, Hellfire, Radiant, Flamewalker, Fallen Balthazar

BRIGHT/GLOWING/PARTICLE EFFECT SKINS THAT DON'T CRASH:

Bloodstone Visage, Xera's Mask, all 3 Zephyrite Aspect Eyes, Virtual Box On/Off, Stone Summit Helmet, Runic, Pumpkin Crown, Phantom's Hood, Perfected, Luminescent, Magitech, Ice Crown, Holographic Dragon, Grenth Hood, Bloodstone Crown, Gas Mask, Forgeman, Flame Legion

How about since it's been a week and people are still crashing at character selection, you swallow your fucking pride and recode these un-QA-tested Maguuma Treads as LITERALLY ANY OTHER SKIN IN THE GAME. You've permanently changed skins before and you can do it temporarily now while you internally work on a fix, but you're failing yet again and it's pathetic. You're completely ignoring the playerbase that can't access the game and it's immeasurably disappointing. FFS I was rooting for an ANet comeback with the third expansion announcement but holy fuck this incompetence over not implementing a temporary solution and lack of communication is really fucking sad. DO SOMETHING