Extremely slow download speed

I'm assuming you've let it sit like that for at least 10 minutes? The download speed GW2 shows isn't your raw speed, since it's also having to stop to process the files as they're being downloaded. You'd need a really slow computer to drop that low however for more than a few seconds.

You can try different patch servers using the -assetsrv option. To find different IPs, open a command prompt and enter the following command, which is querying Google's DNS:

nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Alternatively, you can try ArenaNet's primary server:

-assetsrv 64.25.41.2

To debug it, you can additionally use the -log option, which will write a log of what it's actually trying to do (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log). In some cases the downloads are actually being blocked by the ISP or whatever else, and the low speed is the result of that since it's looping bad responses. In this case, a VPN is required.

> @Healix.5819 said:

> I'm assuming you've let it sit like that for at least 10 minutes? The download speed GW2 shows isn't your raw speed, since it's also having to stop to process the files as they're being downloaded. You'd need a really slow computer to drop that low however for more than a few seconds.

>

> You can try different patch servers using the -assetsrv option. To find different IPs, open a command prompt and enter the following command, which is querying Google's DNS:

> nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

>

> Alternatively, you can try ArenaNet's primary server:

> -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

>

> To debug it, you can additionally use the -log option, which will write a log of what it's actually trying to do (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log). In some cases the downloads are actually being blocked by the ISP or whatever else, and the low speed is the result of that since it's looping bad responses. In this case, a VPN is required.

nothing worked...really hoping for a fix.

> @HonestJohnJR.5842 said:

> I'm reinstalling after a year out. Currently been downloading for 2 days straight at 100-150kbs. 30GB and counting (rural internet sucks). On another note, what size is the .DAT file? I have the Heart of Thorn expansion (obv including original game).

It's around 32-35GB now, regardless of what expansions you have.