• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Mikhael.2391" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > My 2c:

> > >

> > > The great balance patch was a whiff. They should have done something like a hard cap on the added damage multipliers including crit damage rather than tinker with all the coefficients.

> > > Dazes, knockbacks, pulls, and pushes should have their damage returned. Classes without many active forms of defense should have their sustain reworked, in the case of necro they need less damage reduction in shroud but better access to stab and warrior needs Defy Pain and Last Stand reworked.

> >

> > Hell no, CC should not have insane damage behind it and Anet should put a ICD on cc abilities because stun locks are not fun amd breaks the fun. I can have 3 stun breaks and still be corrrupted of one stability stack and cc again.

> >

> > Gw2 will only be a good game when they fix this.

>

> Did I say insane damage, or include all CCs in my statement. No. So your hyperbole is misplaced.

>

> Bring stab and stun breaks. Can't get stun locked then if you play well.

The plan was to nerf sources of stability, greatly increase passive save cooldowns, and reduce defense against CC across the board in compensation for removing the damage from these skills. It was likely assumed that this would lead to less passive game play and require players to intelligently set up their bursts

...and they would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those pesky players opting to use _more_ CC rather than less!

We may have gotten less passive gameplay on the defensive side and with the nerfs to damage, CC is an important means of preventing players from recovering. However, with relatively less defense against CC and relatively more CC in use, the result is you can afford to miss a lot more often and still be effective because you have so many more sources of CC than enemy players have defense against it. Is that really more skilled? And more importantly, does it feel better? I'm thinking not so much.

Edit: I thought I should clarify. I don't mean to suggest that this requires a complete course correction. Some builds can chain a little too much CC right now. It's not the end of the world, but some adjustment might at least be on the table, in my estimation.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Mikhael.2391" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > My 2c:

> > > >

> > > > The great balance patch was a whiff. They should have done something like a hard cap on the added damage multipliers including crit damage rather than tinker with all the coefficients.

> > > > Dazes, knockbacks, pulls, and pushes should have their damage returned. Classes without many active forms of defense should have their sustain reworked, in the case of necro they need less damage reduction in shroud but better access to stab and warrior needs Defy Pain and Last Stand reworked.

> > >

> > > Hell no, CC should not have insane damage behind it and Anet should put a ICD on cc abilities because stun locks are not fun amd breaks the fun. I can have 3 stun breaks and still be corrrupted of one stability stack and cc again.

> > >

> > > Gw2 will only be a good game when they fix this.

> >

> > Did I say insane damage, or include all CCs in my statement. No. So your hyperbole is misplaced.

> >

> > Bring stab and stun breaks. Can't get stun locked then if you play well.

>

> The plan was to nerf sources of stability, greatly increase passive save cooldowns, and reduce defense against CC across the board in compensation for removing the damage from these skills. It was likely assumed that this would lead to less passive game play and require players to intelligently set up their bursts

>

> ...and they would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those pesky players opting to use _more_ CC rather than less!

>

> We may have gotten less passive gameplay on the defensive side and with the nerfs to damage, CC is an important means of preventing players from recovering. However, with relatively less defense against CC and relatively more CC in use, the result is you can afford to miss a lot more often and still be effective because you have so many more sources of CC than enemy players have defense against it. Is that really more skilled? And more importantly, does it feel better? I'm thinking not so much.

>

> Edit: I thought I should clarify. I don't mean to suggest that this requires a complete course correction. Some builds can chain a little too much CC right now. It's not the end of the world, but some adjustment might at least be on the table, in my estimation.

Warrior being one of them, but the majority of those CCs are highly telegraphed, and neither of those two weapon sets are gong to kill you now and both are required to completely stunlock someone. S/P thieves however...

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"Mikhael.2391" said:

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > My 2c:

> > > > >

> > > > > The great balance patch was a whiff. They should have done something like a hard cap on the added damage multipliers including crit damage rather than tinker with all the coefficients.

> > > > > Dazes, knockbacks, pulls, and pushes should have their damage returned. Classes without many active forms of defense should have their sustain reworked, in the case of necro they need less damage reduction in shroud but better access to stab and warrior needs Defy Pain and Last Stand reworked.

> > > >

> > > > Hell no, CC should not have insane damage behind it and Anet should put a ICD on cc abilities because stun locks are not fun amd breaks the fun. I can have 3 stun breaks and still be corrrupted of one stability stack and cc again.

> > > >

> > > > Gw2 will only be a good game when they fix this.

> > >

> > > Did I say insane damage, or include all CCs in my statement. No. So your hyperbole is misplaced.

> > >

> > > Bring stab and stun breaks. Can't get stun locked then if you play well.

> >

> > The plan was to nerf sources of stability, greatly increase passive save cooldowns, and reduce defense against CC across the board in compensation for removing the damage from these skills. It was likely assumed that this would lead to less passive game play and require players to intelligently set up their bursts

> >

> > ...and they would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those pesky players opting to use _more_ CC rather than less!

> >

> > We may have gotten less passive gameplay on the defensive side and with the nerfs to damage, CC is an important means of preventing players from recovering. However, with relatively less defense against CC and relatively more CC in use, the result is you can afford to miss a lot more often and still be effective because you have so many more sources of CC than enemy players have defense against it. Is that really more skilled? And more importantly, does it feel better? I'm thinking not so much.

> >

> > Edit: I thought I should clarify. I don't mean to suggest that this requires a complete course correction. Some builds can chain a little too much CC right now. It's not the end of the world, but some adjustment might at least be on the table, in my estimation.

>

> Warrior being one of them, but the majority of those CCs are highly telegraphed, and neither of those two weapon sets are gong to kill you now and both are required to completely stunlock someone. S/P thieves however...

Yeah S/P thiefs... i mean the tool tip says "interrupt" now, English is not my main language but I thought that in order to be interrupted some sort of action need to be happening and you can just be standing still and get constant 3s CDs until you dead. Anet fails to address these problems since launch