Everytime i try to rebind a key my game crashes

**Description:**

My Guild Wars 2 keeps crashing when I try to change keybinds that overwrite my previous keybinds. I can open the dialog and press in the new key, but as soon as I press the "Overwrite" button my game crashes.

**Timeline:**

The problem started after the most recent big patch last tuesday. It was the initial patch.

**Details:**

I can overwrite the default keybinds. Those are the ones where the warning text appears in yellow and explains that I'm overwriting a keybind. However when I do it to a keybind I've previously made, the warning text is in red and the game goes to a "not-responding" state as soon as I hit the overwrite button. Windows offers to close the non responsive program or let me wait for the program to respond. Waiting does nothing and the game is just frozen.

I can also rebind keys if I first unbind them. I have to unbind both keys, the one I'm about to overwrite as well as the one that's being overwritten, if I want the game not to crash.

**What I have tried:**

I was using arcdps but I uninstalled that before trying it again. The same crash occurs. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game and the problem occurs even in a fresh install.

Please help.

Same. I have Elite Skill on "V" but when I go to play SAB I switch it to dodge to perform easier dodge jump. Today when I was trying to bind Elite Skill back to "V" the game freezed. During that freeze I am able to move in game mouse cursor and there is no "no response" indication in a task manager. Waiting 5 min didn't help and repairing game files didn't help either.

Edited:

OK. there's a way around by simply unbinding all keys you want to mess around with and then bind them anew . Noticed that this crash/freeze occurs when I am trying to overwrite key bind. Hope it somehow helped.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Wait for a bug fix?

Oh wow, why didnt i think of that well fuck my life. In the meantime while im waiting to that jusssssssst maybe i post here and justttttt maybe someone who was having the issue might of found a fix beside me waiting for the next 8 years for a bug fix you know call me crazy.