Weekly and Monthly Challenges

We already have dailies...what about Weekly and Monthly challenges? - you could earn achievements and other items like Mystic Coins (or anything else to help stabilize the economy) - examples could be "Complete all dungeons in 1 week" or "Beat all world bosses in Tyria in 1 week" or "Defeat all raid bosses in 1 month." This could be a great way to keep the population up in maps, as well. What are your thoughts?

As I recall, most AP hunters knocked out the monthly challenges in the first few days of the month, and felt they could do nothing else until that was done. Overall the dailies revamp was done to prevent people from feeling they had to do every single daily or devote most of their game time to repetitive tasks lest they miss out on something.

I do like your samples of weekly challenges though they might have the same issue of "forcing" time to be spent on otherwise unwished content. It depends on the rewards compared to the time investment. Too low and no one will bother. Too high and they'll feel compelled to set aside other game play.

I can't speak for other people, but I was around for monthly achievements and I only did them when I felt like it. I've never felt pressured by daily, monthly, or even festival achievements. If I'm working on AP, I'm doing it for myself at my own pace, so I say 10/10 yes, bring them back.