A rollback of 2 days just happened

> @"FinalWhisper.9327" said:

> I’m done playing for today... why would I build progress now when tomorrow they might wanna put a backup on and maybe we gonna lose all progress made today?

> It’s just weird no communication has been done since it’s almost an hour a go & such a huge thing...

They are asleep! It is night time over there. Sheesh people, this is not that hard. Try and be a little bit reasonable.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anet does not usually do these things on purpose... Probably EU server crash, and the game is running on back-up server which is 3 days behind.. Anet is asleep so we won't hear from them until later. No point in being angry right now, it won't solve anything. Better to log-off and come back later.

> @"SoCrazyAboutSky.5706" said:

> Please, fix it or give players a real compensation, not just a reanimation orb or something like that.

>

> This event could cost Anet a lot of its fanbase. What will you do next, for your players ?

I hope the reanimation orb will stay as a joke, because if for real, I am considering quitting the game after 5 years.

> @"Nymeria.1653" said:

> Guys I don't know how this thing works, but how can a rollback happens if they are asleep? just really asking, no polemics

There was a failure on the main database, and the game automatically defaulted to the backup database.

That does not mean the default database is the most recent backup.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Leiard.4532" said:

> > I never post on the forums, but this kitten is just unbelievable. **What in the actual kitten were they thinking. **A whole weekend of WVW progression down the toilet. I got my diamond chest late last night and now I'm back to wood chest.

> >

> > This is unbelievable. A-net you just lost me as a player. Sort your kitten out and then try again...

>

> You're implying they did this on purpose, I guarantee you they didn't.

So, they unintentionally rolled back the whole weekend. Stop being a fucking white knight and defender of A-net. They have a PR department for that kind of stuff.

My gold, my time gated crafts like deldrimor steel ingots and spiritwood planks, my blood ruby backpack, my heart of thorns achievements to get all of those mastery points, all gone up in smoke. I was too afraid to scan my inventory through to see what was gone because I closed the game in hopes that this will get nullified becasue a three day rollback is unacceptable. Now I have to wait a few days ON TOP of my wasted days so everything gets sorted out.

I'm going to give it time and let the devs work for a day or two, but in the event this isn't fixed appropriately it should get blasted for its worth in each gaming news outlet, three days is a lot of activity to just delete. Y'all deserve all the negative PR in that event, full offense.

Same problem here... i lost everything, all my achievement SAB... just have 2 or 3 achievment to make to finish it. and then all lost... gold, loot, skins, even my SAB cat ! my soul is crying right now... all that hours to spend for nothing... i really hope you will fix it or have a big compensation for that...

> @"Blizz.7832" said:

> Anet does not usually do these things on purpose... Probably EU server crash, and the game is running on back-up server which is 3 days behind.. Anet is asleep so we won't hear from them until later. No point in being angry right now, it won't solve anything. Better to log-off and come back later.

Interesting, didn't think of that possibility but that might be the case. :)

Let's just wait for them to tell us about it, no need to waste energy on that. Just avoid playing so you don't loose today play time also, and we'll see.

Everything was fine few hours ago, logged in, got my reward for login (the right one!). Did my node runs, few dailies, then afked at charecter select screen for like 10 minutes, everything looked normal, picked my char and when it loaded to map she had different hairsyle+clothing. Rolled back? Lovely. Got another login reward, which I already got 2 days ago. Everything I had done during the weekend (and this morning!) was gone, legendary collections reseted, ap gained, map completion, changes made to character appearence etc. All gone. Sad.

> @"Anen.1742" said:

> > @"Nymeria.1653" said:

> > Guys I don't know how this thing works, but how can a rollback happens if they are asleep? just really asking, no polemics

>

> There was a failure on the main database, and the game automatically defaulted to the backup database.

> That does not mean the default database is the most recent backup.

Thank you so much for clarifying ^^ so there is even more hope they will fix this

> @"Leiard.4532" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Leiard.4532" said:

> > > I never post on the forums, but this kitten is just unbelievable. **What in the actual kitten were they thinking. **A whole weekend of WVW progression down the toilet. I got my diamond chest late last night and now I'm back to wood chest.

> > >

> > > This is unbelievable. A-net you just lost me as a player. Sort your kitten out and then try again...

> >

> > You're implying they did this on purpose, I guarantee you they didn't.

>

> So, they unintentionally rolled back the whole weekend. Stop being a kitten white knight and defender of A-net. They have a PR department for that kind of stuff.

With a game running 24/7, it seems pretty normal to have automatic recovery procedures.

We justhave to wait to see if the automatically restored backup is the most recent one.

> @"Nymeria.1653" said:

> Guys I don't know how this thing works, but how can a rollback happens if they are asleep? just really asking, no polemics

Theoretically, EU servers crashed down due to some problems, so currently we're seeing a backup version of realms. Though backing up MMO realms just once every 3 days is somewhat weird, I can't blame anet for this because of quarantine.

I have the same problem. Lost 2 (or maybe 3) days of progress and my fully upgraded griffon mount. Problem like this never happens for all my experience in game (more than 6 years. I hope, Anet fix this asap or, at least, inform us about what happens. I think, best way for us - don't enter the game, because kitten like this can happens again. So waiting fo Anet reaction.

For crying out loud, folks,

# CALM DOWN!

I am no great fan of Anet & haven't posted here for several years, because I'd only get in trouble if I did! :) Nevertheless...

1) The problem is only an hour or two old. Give them a chance to look at it.

2) Yes, by now, someone **should** be aware of it, and we ought to have an Official post up saying, at the very least, "Yes, there is a problem, we are looking into it, please be patient." But Anet's record on clear communication with its customers has never been that great, so it's no great surprise.

3) The dev's aren't up 24/7, no matter what your unreasonable expectations are; helpdesk staff will be. Some dev's should be on call, however, and have probably long since been woken up & will be trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

4) If you are EU (the problem seems to be confined to the EU, given comments from NA players above), **STOP PLAYING**. Whatever fix they apply will return us to the most recent backup before the problem; anything you do from there will be lost.

5) Yes, there is a backup. I don't work for Anet and, as I've said, I'm no great fan of the way they conduct themselves. Nevertheless, they aren't amateurs, and I **am** an IT professional. Their databases will replicate themselves regularly (though I am in no position to guess at how frequently). You will lose some in-game progression, probably. You will not lose out an any real money spent, because those transaction details will be available from outside the EU game servers.

In short, it will probably take a while for them to work out what happened & how to fix it, and probably a bit longer to sort out the ramifications of things like Real Money transactions having gone up in smoke. In the meanwhile,

# Be Patient, Keep Calm, Go Do Something Else!

Good Evening,

yesterday I played for several hours doing various things that were lost. More specifically, I finished the story "Victory or Death" then I started the story "Path of Fire" making great progress, also in between I paid 463 gems for 100 gold and finally making progress in 5 masteries point from which everything was lost. Does anyone know if they will recover what was lost, as well as whether I will continue to play, as well as if something similar has happened in the past? I'm new to GW2, thank you for your understanding.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Volcaniic.6783" said:

> > Is this a regular thing? I have lost 20+ hours progress here D:

>

> No it's not a regular thing. I've been playing this game since launch and I can't remember anything like this ever happening before. Even when there's problems with the game they usually don't roll severs back to fix them, just fix it and carry on from there.

It happened once before years ago when after an update there was a bug with soulbound items that gave the error "This item is soulbound to a different character" even though it was the same character you had always used it on. The bug was so bad that they had to do a forced rollback. But that was the only other time a rollback has happened as far as i can remember, and unlike this time there was a clear reason for that one.

Thank the six i didn't do anything important in the past three days. Only changed the skin on one of my characters armor. Something fixable in a minute. I do feel bad for you guys though. :(