lost every thing

This is affecting everyone on the EU servers. The entire game was somehow reset to 3 days ago.

It's not normal, not something which is supposed to happen and as far as I know not something which has ever happened before. There is nothing we can do about it but Anet should be able to fix it and get your stuff back. Or at least everything up to whenever they last did a backup. (I don't know how frequent backups are.) For now all we can do is wait for them to fix it.

Real money purchases are the one thing I'm certain they will be able to fix, because there will be records outside of the game of that happening. Even if everything in-game was somehow lost they'd still know how much real money you spent and be able to get you the gems back, or refund the money. But again it will take time for them to fix it.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> This is affecting everyone on the EU servers. The entire game was somehow reset to 3 days ago.

>

> It's not normal, not something which is supposed to happen and as far as I know not something which has ever happened before. There is nothing we can do about it but Anet should be able to fix it and get your stuff back. Or at least everything up to whenever they last did a backup. (I don't know how frequent backups are.) For now all we can do is wait for them to fix it.

>

There's this nagging notion I have that the live database crashed and what we have now is actually the most recent backup. I sure hope not.

Database rollbacks are pretty uncommon - I think we had a minor one a few years ago that was resolved fairly quickly; this one appears to be 'worse' in that it looks like at least 2-3 days progress has just vanished... it's going to take them a while to figure out what happened and at what point they can 'roll forward' to (if they can).

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > This is affecting everyone on the EU servers. The entire game was somehow reset to 3 days ago.

> >

> > It's not normal, not something which is supposed to happen and as far as I know not something which has ever happened before. There is nothing we can do about it but Anet should be able to fix it and get your stuff back. Or at least everything up to whenever they last did a backup. (I don't know how frequent backups are.) For now all we can do is wait for them to fix it.

> >

> There's this nagging notion I have that the live database crashed and what we have now is actually the most recent backup. I sure hope not.

It's possible, but I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to do that automatically. Someone from Anet would have to trigger the restore, and I'd expect them to put a statement out at the same time. But maybe I'm wrong and they've got an automatic way to restore it.

I really hope this isn't their most recent backup, but as I said I have no idea how often they do them.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > This is affecting everyone on the EU servers. The entire game was somehow reset to 3 days ago.

> > >

> > > It's not normal, not something which is supposed to happen and as far as I know not something which has ever happened before. There is nothing we can do about it but Anet should be able to fix it and get your stuff back. Or at least everything up to whenever they last did a backup. (I don't know how frequent backups are.) For now all we can do is wait for them to fix it.

> > >

> > There's this nagging notion I have that the live database crashed and what we have now is actually the most recent backup. I sure hope not.

>

> It's possible, but I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to do that automatically. Someone from Anet would have to trigger the restore, and I'd expect them to put a statement out at the same time. But maybe I'm wrong and they've got an automatic way to restore it.

>

> I really hope this isn't their most recent backup, but as I said I have no idea how often they do them.

I wasn't online, but I hear the rollback was preceded by a crash. It could be something like an alternative (wrong) server/database being mounted after the crash because the right one didn't respond. This does seem like an automated thing to me, given how quickly the rollback kicked in after the crash. Let's hope it's something innocuous like a dusty fan and not actual data loss.