Returning player from 2013, can't find something important.

Back when I player the game a lot, there was some sort of a training grounds where you could go to, and it would instantely level you up to 80 in that zone only and give you examples of all the weapons (again, in that zone only), in order to see which weapon combination/skills you like the most for your class (or to test dps probably). It was meant for solo players new to the game just to goof around and test various things to find what they truly liked playing as/with.

I have googled what this place was, but cannot find any info that fits what I remember. The closest thing I can find is the Special Forces Training ground, but that cannot be right because that requires an expansion and a raid squad to enter, and 2013 was long before any expansion packs and it was meant for solo testing purposes, not raids.

Can someone help me figure out what this was, please?

I am sure Incantus is right.

There is more of a split now between the modes, I believe. So you'll get an idea of how things play, for sure, but shouldn't base your theorycrafting on precise numbers granted or stat combos available. You go to sPvP (not WvW) and you are in a non-combat lobby area. Scattered about are golems and profession npcs to practice against. You have any gear you like (in the sPvP stat combo sets) and full skill unlocks (must own the expansion to try the elites, I think). You can take your time equipping various weapons and utilities, reading tool tips, and attacking golems and npcs to get a sense of rotations.

The PvP lobby map has changed some time ago. So it might not be the place you remember. But it still has some training dummy's and you can try out builds too. To enter the lobby: top left of your screen there's a button (crossed swords) that opens up the pvp pannel. In there click the button that say's something like enter the lobby :) Hope this helped

> @"Zazaaji.1296" said:

> It might be the PvP lobby, I don't know. It's been 7 years, so I don't remember: How do I get there? Googling PVP Lobby Guild Wars 2 leads to surprisingly useless results.

>

> EDIT: Is the pvp lobby actually called Heart of the Mists?

FYI: The Wiki (link above) does have a redirect (to the Heart of the Mists) for 'PvP Lobby'. The Wiki is always a great resource for all things Guild Wars 2.

While others have already confirmed the location you speak of, I'd like to add my two cents.

The map you're speaking of was the original Heart of the Mists PvP Lobby. The location you're referring to (one of two) may have been the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_the_Mists_(instance) [said instance no longer exists]. The June 20th, 2017 patch added a PvP Lobby overhaul. The training area (mentioned before as one of two) was re-added and modified to fit the new map. This training area still exists today within the Heart of the Mists as the Combat Training Island [&BE0FAAA=].

_As **Leablow.2651** stated:_

>If not PvP, the zone is the Silverwastes, but the preview function is accessed through the Level 80 Boost.

If you buy/bought an expansion you should receive a Level-80 Boost item that will 1) transport you to a Living Story Season 2 map "The Silverwastes" to play a limited area test of a level 80 zone with access to all of the core build specs as well as your possible elite specs. and 2) will advance a character to max level and kit you out with starter gear to advance you into the story quicker. If you have access to this, it may be more ideal as PvP and PvE have different balances related to skills and traits.

~ Sacred Was Eldaron