About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Mafias.7235" said:

> Is it just me or is all this kind of obvious? I've been playing daily for the past months. Maybe I skipped a day now and then, but that was rare. One person in my friend group tells the rest that there's has been a rollback. It's during the day, so most of us are working, we keep track of any piece of comment on Anet side.

>

> Anyway, several of us with on IT and have some notions on DB and architecture, so we assume that either everything we do until they fix it would be lost or it would make it more problematic or time consuming for them to check; so we tell everybody to stay logged out.

>

> At that moment of time, we are already impacted. We have not been playing GW2 because there has been a rollback.

>

> We are also aware of people trying to exploit the situation, and set up things trying to dup stuff. But we are nice people, so yeah, we do not touch anything.

>

> I am fine no getting any compensation at all. Two downtimes in I do not know how many years is not a big deal. It's worth praising, tbh.

>

> In the end, I agree with the initial idea of the post: giving a reward to the people logging after the rollback occurred is just a poor decision. Being nice sucks from time to time!

>

> For the spoon!!!

There is also the fact that, if i am not mistaken, there is a gap between the point they rolled back to and their arbitrary timeframe you had to login on as well. So i could very well lose progress i made in that gap and wouldn't get anything as compensation either.

> @"Luranni.9470" said:

> It's worse bois! Some people now have -two- mount licences per account :D. I just got a 2nd bonfire mail come through so... oh dear. *giggles*

oh neptune... considering that a friend of mine who was very well active didn't even receive 1 of either the bonfire or mount skin, this annoys me even more.

> @"lare.5129" said:

Let's not start to dispute about how much "a lot of" gold is. How big or small any amount of gold is, is completely subjective and depends on many variables and the same goes for "hard play". It depends on what you value while you play, how much time you have to spend etc.

So any amount has it's right to be equally valued as loss no caused by one's own fault.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> But you (like me) also didn't lose anything. Those getting the licence actually lost progress and their personal time towards that progress Those who actually lost out are getting compensated, not those who didn't login and were safe from issues

>

> I didn't log in either, but I spent the time elsewhere knowing I'd end up with a potential problem in GW2. I don't deserve the mount licence compensation and rightfully wont get it. Sure I didn't do my dailies, but there are those who did their dailies and lost them. They deserve more than those who didn't log in at all

>

> An absolute non-issue here

Yeah because losing a small amount of time and maybe a few gold is worth the 1200 gems they basically gave out free. I think all players should get it, not just a select few.

> @"Radiant.9417" said:

> I've not really seen it mentioned anywhere but there is another group - those who got the skin as compensation, but dont actually own POF and don't have mounts unlocked, so its useless.

> Shame there wasn't an alternative for non POF owners, like an outfit choosey box or some keys maybe. Maybe giving a mount skin was a descion made on purpose by ANET to get people to buy POF?

My guess is they just picked the newest shiny they threw into the gemstore and didnt really consider if it was practical to everyone affected. something neutral like an outfit select box or the like would have been a more neutral decision since everyone can use it.

> @"Luranni.9470" said:

> It's worse bois! Some people now have -two- mount licences per account :D. I just got a 2nd bonfire mail come through so... oh dear. *giggles*

My guess is: They wanted to "fix" it and sending the license to everyone that didn't log in as well ... and then they made some mistake by accidentally sending out mails to everyone again. :D (Though I would have expected then for everyone to get a license ... even those that did get one already. Instead they seem to have run the old script again that distributes bonfires and bonfire+license I guess?)

Well ... I guess I just stop caring for now. Time to play more of the game or doing other stuff - instead of talking in the forums about the same topic. The thing with 2nd mails will clear itself up eventually. (If I get one as well I'll use the skin immediately to free up inventory space. :P)

> @"Luthan.5236" said:

> > @"Luranni.9470" said:

> > It's worse bois! Some people now have -two- mount licences per account :D. I just got a 2nd bonfire mail come through so... oh dear. *giggles*

>

> My guess is: They wanted to "fix" it and sending the license to everyone that didn't log in as well ... and then they made some mistake by accidentally sending out mails to everyone again. :D (Though I would have expected then for everyone to get a license ... even those that did get one already. Instead they seem to have run the old script again that distributes bonfires and bonfire+license I guess?)

>

> Well ... I guess I just stop caring for now. Time to play more of the game or doing other stuff - instead of talking in the forums about the same topic. The thing with 2nd mails will clear itself up eventually. (If I get one as well I'll use the skin immediately to free up inventory space. :P)

No clue. Some people on reddit said they first got a bonfire, then a bonfire+mount, seems a bit rngesus! What a mess! We didn't even need compensation (just better server performance :P), now all this....

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > > @"Mortifer.2946" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > > > > > > The mount was given as an apology for the people who were affected by the rollback. If you were not affected then why do you want them to send you an "apology" gift?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i'm curious, was there an apology letter written by Anet of the incident?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This I think counts since they do apologise

> > > > > >

> > > > > > _Thank you for your patience. Maintenance has concluded and you should be able to log in to GW2 on EU servers again._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > _As part of the fix, we have restored all EU player accounts to their standing at roughly 2:40 AM PT on May 11. We're continuing to help players who are still missing items, or who made gem purchases or in-game transactions after that point. Please check your account carefully. If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > _We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this incident caused and are exploring ways to make up the downtime to our player community_._

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank You! for posting this.

> > > > >

> > > > > After reading the responses, i agree, that there should have never been any partial treatments in the compensation. The compensation should have treated everyone equally and fairly without having any exceptions.

> > > > >

> > > > > So Anet did one thing right by writing an apology letter to everyone yet failed to treat the results and its effect the same.

> > > > >

> > > > > in this case, i do not like partial treatments because in the end, like Toxicity, it affects everyone

> > > > >

> > > > > -**i encourage Anet to rethink this and to compensate everyone the same**-

> > > >

> > > > I disagree. I think players who had partial account wipes were rightfully the ones they chose to compensate and not players like me who risked nothing and stayed away - although to be honest I'm not really in favour of compensation in such matters that much anyway. Compensation is for genuine problems and this wasn't a major issue. If they felt they had to compensate, they went down the right road imo.

> > > >

> > > > However, my opinion is moot. I can safely say Anet will change their stance. The fact they haven't even merged things is usually a sign they are deep in the progress of thinking this over. Before all is said and done, I think those on the "disagree" side will get what they want and we can all just move on and like any forum drama, it'll be over and forgotten by next week.

> > >

> > > I only logged in for 5 seconds and still got the mount. Can you please explain the logic? :)

> >

> > They can’t check every account that was online individually and check how much was lost. So they decided to compensate every account that was online.

> >

>

> ANet made it crystal clear what they want people to do if something happen again in several years : log in massively to the point of saturating the servers.

It's also crystal clear that we will never get such a compensation again in the future considering the childish response of the community ;)

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Anet isn't required to give anyone anything for the down time. Some people will wake up to a harsh reality when real life happens. Such entitlement.

I'm from NA so this didn't impact me - however it's not that they aren't required to give anyone anything. It's that they gave a lot of people something and even more nothing.

Many people made the right choice to not log in and follow the warnings, the people that didn't got massively rewarded for it. I also think it should have been a random mount (the 400 gem license), so that the people who wanted the new warclaw skin for example won't feel like they need to spend real money to get something that was basically given to everyone else for free, many of which chose to ignore what anet asked them not to do.

> @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> In case you are wondering, no, neither of those things are true, rollbacks don't affect accounts on an individual basis, whether you logged in or not made no difference to whether your account would be rolled back and you weren't helping anybody by not logging in. And no, anet never told anyone not to log in.

Actually, you're completely wrong here. Anyone that during that time interacted with TP or guild bank (the systems that _weren't_ rolled back) or played PvP (for which some parts were rollbacked, and some weren't) only added to database corruption and inconsistences Anet will still need to fix. Additionally, people that obtained valuable drops in that time and are now sending mails to support in order to get those valuables back are also adding to Anet's work.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> I express my opinion just like everyone else :) This is a forum right? Isn’t that the purpose of a forum?

Problem is, the opinion you express is one you'd want others to follow, but **not** one you yourself adhere to. You _don't_ accept and tolerate opinions of others - you are actively attacking those posters. You don't want to be happy for others - you'd rather others didn't get a reason to be as happy as you.

So, don't be surprised for people to call you out on this.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > I express my opinion just like everyone else :) This is a forum right? Isn’t that the purpose of a forum?

> Problem is, the opinion you express is one you'd want others to follow, but **not** one you yourself adhere to. You _don't_ accept and tolerate opinions of others - you are actively attacking those posters. You don't want to be happy for others - you'd rather others didn't get a reason to be as happy as you.

> So, don't be surprised for people to call you out on this.

This is not true. Where did I attack others? I don’t want anyone to follow my opinion, I am just voicing my opinion. Just like everyone else here. Because it is a opinion you dislike you think it is okay to insult me. I accept different opinions, this seems to be the difference between me and you.

> @"AysonCurrax.3254" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > The Bonfire is the compensation for the downtime. Everyone who was affected by it got it.

>

> If it was indeed for the downtime, why is it explicitly stated that you get it for having logged in anywhere in the last 30 days?

>

> While we are at the topic; It is now well over day later and a friend of mine who has been doing every SAB daily since the 14th, minus may 11th, has neither received a bonfire or a mount skin. So either that "compensation" is taking ages, or its not working properly.

Anet is making negative news over and over again, it almost seems like they don't want to continue gw2 any more by crashing it against a wall. Sure there is a new expansion coming, but they give a shift about the player base.

Long wished feature comes out after 3 years of development, is bugged @f, way worse than the fan made addon that exists for a long time, put parts of their in house feature behind a paywall and do not say anything about the huge backlash they got.

Same will happen here, everyone who didn't get the mount won't get it in the future, probably never will, because he/she is fed up about how Anet handled this whole situation.

I and everyone I know didn't get anything at all as well, no fire (which is just taking space in inventory and/or a lame a buff that is worthless anyways), no mount.

Anet is making themselves very unpopular, but it would be so easy to outstand the majority of the other mmos by doing just a few little things, at least for some time until other mmo devs starting to do the same. One thing would be to communicate openly and very regularly or listening to their community.

I am starting to make big money for the first time in my life after being broke for long time due to study fee and stuff. I already planned to put 150€ to the side, just for gaming (games, hardware and stuff), each month and since I mostly played gw2, and I actually forgave them how they handled build templates, I was about to spend most of this money on gw2, heck I was about to spend shift ton of money on the build templates. But what just happened now shows me that it just isn't worth it and I'm actually quite happy to see what the player means to Anet. It's like giving another try in your relationship, but the other person just dumps you real hard over and over again, you know for sure it's over and not worth it to keep trying.

It just opened my eyes and shows me that I still have to wait for the mmo that really fits to me.

> @"Islyn.8019" said:

> > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > Because, how should I know I had to log in a bit earlier, when it was still possible. The loss is still there, because I didn't have the chance to get what I usually get in that time.

> >

> > But if you didn't log in earlier, you were not affected by the rollback the same way as people who did.

> > Why do you feel entitled to the same kind of compensation as them?

> >

> > They surely should have given something better than that bonfire to compensate for the downtime, tho.

> >

> >

>

> The majority of people only lost a couple gold and some time. SOME people lost Leggys and so on - but SOME duped!

>

> Anet is ALSO restoring those losses.

>

> So stop acting like people who missed an ENTIRE DAY OF PLAY after 2 days of laggy mess didn't also lose out. >:(

^ This

All that we can hope for is, that Anet FOR ONCE sees what they did wrong, really says sorry, listening to their community, gives something to them without leaving someone left behind, learns from their mistakes and continue as an awesome company that loves and cares about their community.

If this happens, I will personally go to their studio and apologize infront of the whole staff for the angry words and feelings I have towards Anet and their current management with the community.

Till then, have fun everyone who can still have fun with the game, I'm heading off of this mess of a community management until there is an official statement.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > In case you are wondering, no, neither of those things are true, rollbacks don't affect accounts on an individual basis, whether you logged in or not made no difference to whether your account would be rolled back and you weren't helping anybody by not logging in. And no, anet never told anyone not to log in.

> Actually, you're completely wrong here. Anyone that during that time interacted with TP or guild bank (the systems that _weren't_ rolled back) or played PvP (for which some parts were rollbacked, and some weren't) only added to database corruption and inconsistences Anet will still need to fix. Additionally, people that obtained valuable drops in that time and are now sending mails to support in order to get those valuables back are also adding to Anet's work.

>

>

TP and, I assume PvP, are on separate servers, which is why they were not affected by the initial accidental rollback.

The TP being out of sync with the rest of the server would have to be fixed regardless of what people were doing and I really doubt this was done manually, so logging in wouldn't have increased the workload.

Finally, you are making a jump from logging in to playing, farming and getting drops. The people who were hesitant to log in were those that were aware of the situation and knew that a potential reversal of the rollback was imminent, so they would not have started playing like nothing happened. And even if they did, you are still making another logical jump here, these are the people who we are assuming they were such good Samaritans that they didn't log in fear of making Anet's life harder, so why would they now be sending tickets to support? If you are altruistic enough to not log in, surely you are altruistic enough to accept your precious drop was lost and move on.

> @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> All that we can hope for is, that Anet FOR ONCE sees what they did wrong, really says sorry, listening to their community, gives something to them without leaving someone left behind, learns from their mistakes and continue as an awesome company that loves and cares about their community.

> If this happens, I will personally go to their studio and apologize infront of the whole staff for the angry words and feelings I have towards Anet and their current management with the community.

That is easy to say when we all know it will never happen.

> @"DartsFab.5367" said:

> 99% of players who logged in knew they would lose this progress, it was obvious. If they chose to make some progress, it was their decision. I agree some people should be compensated - it should be done on individual basis, not for people like me, who stand still for a couple of minutes in DR and LA. Btw, I decided to left the game after this incident.

You got a bar graph on that? How do you know? I bet you MOST players who were in game that day knew nth about it until they saw anything in Map chat. 99% of players, I guarantee you, do not check discord/forum/twitter for news when there's lag and weird stuff happening and I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few players would not even notice a rollback.

I was logged in Monday after the weekend was weird and laggy and I didn't know there had been a rollback until I checked around. Have received nth as yet.

People need to just be patient, and if in doubt, put in a support ticket.

I also think people should be compensated for the really trash weekend and 15ish hour downtime, more than whatever IN MOST CASES piddly progress they lost in a 7 hour span.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > Anet couldn't restore beyond a certain point on Monday, a time window existed where progress for players was wiped and thus Anet compensated them for playing and losing their time

> > > > > > > Also, they split the rest of the community along the most vapid of criteria: "Did you log on during a certain period? Great, you're a winner!" When is splitting the community ever a good idea? Might not be what they intended, but it is what they accomplished.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you were against splitting the community you wouldn't be in here all day about how you got the mount with only logging in for a short while. Your comments help to increase the split and upset the one's that assume most got the mount just for a quick log in they didn't do when most probably played for a while. The longer you played the higher the chance you would crash or get rolled back and I guess "deserve" the mount. If you didn't log in you couldn't lose anything so that was smart not knowing if everything would be restored. They should of just gave everyone on EU the 400 gem random mount skin and there would be less of a split but still I lost achieves gold stuff progress and got the same as someone who didn't log in crowd.

> > > > > I don't think things would be any better if I hadn't posted. And it's a nonsensical statement that the split can be increased. It was complete before I said anything. The only thing we can now accomplish is making ANet see reason and fix it. And for that we need to voice our opinions.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Of course it can be increased. Someone might not be upset then see 8 times you say I got it for 3 minutes and go wait all I had to do is log in/out and get the mount and then be upset

> > > The split I'm talking about is that some people got a skin for no good reason, and others didn't. That was pretty clear from my post I think. People's individual reactions don't change a thing about that.

> >

> > Ok, I thought you meant those upset they didn't log in. But still should anet analyze 50k accounts individually and determine case by case which gets a mount? That seems to be labor intensive so they just blanket time date it. So some players who don't deserve it get one while every player who lost progress gets one. Or everyone gets one and the players who didn't log in get the same as someone who lost progress and gold which is unfair too. Every solution except spending months combing thru every account to make sure they lost something to get the mount will be unfair

> And now you're almost seeing my point. Yes, fairly compensating individual players is unfeasible. Casting a wider net like they did though, and scooping up many other players based on, well, luck, that split the community and left a sizable segment unhappy about the situation.

>

> They should've just bitten the bullet and given everyone the mount. People would be singing their praise far and wide instead of what we're looking at now.

>

I AGREE with this because: Everyone who played over anytime the weekend preceding had lags and weird occurrences, and everyone had a 15 hour downtime.