Please don't do this

I am one of those who is eligible to get the mount skin. Please aNet, if u see this thread, don't give me anything. I am one of the 500 ppl who just stood AFK in LA and didn't lose anything. Also, people who didn't log in cuz something was wrong are now punished for paying attention and actually supporting you in fixing this. They lost as much progress as the ones who logged in. They didn't log in because they knew the game is in a bad state, not because they had real life stuff to do. Those being said, I don't want any part of this. I do not want your mount skin, I am ok with the bonfire. Have a nice day.

Agreed. They're getting more hate for trying to fix the problem than they did when it happened. Should have just restored progress lost over the weekend and left it at that.

Now I understand why other companies do the bare minimum to get their game back online and leave it at that, in spite of forums full of people crying out that they deserve (usually disproportionate) 'compensation' for having to wait to log in to a game. It's just not worth the trouble.

I logged in at that day. Noticed that one glitched skin was missing from SAB from my inventory. I didn't know if I accidentally salvaged it or if my mind played a trick on my and I did get one skin less. So I checked at the forums the thread where I posted my skin drop rate. Only then while checking the forums I noticed the threads about rollback and it occured to me that the rollback must have been the case for my problem. I then checked my currency (I had been farming unbound magic to buy the LS3 nodes for home instance) and noticed a definiete loss here.

I then stopped playing. I did not do much besides logging in and getting my login reward for the day. Yet I get a boostfire and a mount skin choice license.

Not a bad deal. And I doubt they can remove this from the players. (Would get you even more cries and meaning hard work for the ones that used it ... to detect which skin they got.)

I understand the people that played a lot and lost a lot of progress ... might deserve this. And it would have been hard to only select them. (Automated system probabyl can only see who logged and and who didn't. Not how much they progressed - which also is subjective. One might have done hard achievements. Another one easy stuff like farming ... but a lot of it.)

The bigger problem is with the people that did not log in at all because of the rollback (when they read about it before logging in). Or because they were at work at that time. Also US players that might think "hey why can't we get some unintentional rollback I'd like to have it if I can get free skins".

The solution is: Give everyone a free skin. EU or US ... logged in or didn't log in - should not matter. You will have the people that lost lots of progress complaining like "the other one did get more than me ... I lost progress and deserve it and he doesn't deserve to get somethign free". But that does not matter. They just need go grow up and be happy they got something. Only fix here. (Make sure to not give the rewards twice. But that one should be easy to avoid by having the logs of whoe got rewards already and who didn't.)

[i mean: We already have the thing where it is impossible to automatically assess progress made at that day and some people might deserve the "reward" less than others. So giving it to just everyone makes sense even more.]

Looks like they listened. I didn't get anything and I like it more this way, even if I was logged all the time. Funny how those who got it, brag in LA like some kind of heroes who got compensations for their hard work while it's those who did not log in that were the ones who supported and let the staff do it's job. Whatever. It's not like aNet was ever capable of taking the right decisions for the community. As a game, it's awesome but community wise...sometimes I really feel abandoned by them.

> @"Naxos.2503" said:

> Unfortunately, a bit too late I'm afraid, some players already got it, not to mention flaunted it publicly according to the map chat in towns. And not in a nice way.

That's truly ridiculous. If anything, they should send out the free mount skin license to _everyone_ who was affected by the rollback, not just those who ignored the issue (knowingly or unknowingly), including the item dupers.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Naxos.2503" said:

> > Unfortunately, a bit too late I'm afraid, some players already got it, not to mention flaunted it publicly according to the map chat in towns. And not in a nice way.

>

> That's truly ridiculous. If anything, they should send out the free mount skin license to _everyone_ who was affected by the rollback, not just those who ignored the issue (knowingly or unknowingly), including the item dupers.

Yes, imagine dopling your items, proffiting over this issue and at the end of the day, recieve a free mount skin, those ppl win so much lmfao

The problem with "compensating" people who simply logged in and then logged out is that now we've given everyone a reason to board the crashed bus so they can make a claim to their insurance and collect.

THAT is the precedent that was just set. People don't like being left out in the cold for doing the right thing.

I think the compensation is quite generous.

However I think its overcompensating with a piece of content which they charge 1200 gems for, aka €15,-

I did not get a compensation because I made the decision to stay offline and safe.

Normally this is fine, would the compensation be like a small gift of an aproxx value around 400 gems.

But what I disagree with is that indeed, people who stand afk, or just did dailies didnt lose so much progress which accumilates to €15,- in my estimation. I would gladly give up my daily progress for an 1200 gems voucher! :p

So its quite unfair and I thank you for this post and support.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just fucking around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

Sorry but this was the next bad decision after failing to actually communicate with the community. The server was down for hours - there was no information on the launcher, the information was late in general and the information we got was pretty much worthless because it didn't contain any real information.

Now giving some people a 1200 Gem-Item and not others was the next bad move that will lead to even more frustration - especially since - to be honest - most of the gemstore items are overpriced anyhow.

They should have just given everybody that wasn't able to play a 400 gem random mount item and be done with it. That would have cost them almost nothing since making a mount-skin doesn't cost much money in the first place.

> @"George.9745" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> > Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

>

> My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO kitten SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just kitten around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

>

People who logged in actually did lose progress, even if not all of them.

If you only think you lose something when you find out others get something, then it's not true. People who actually lost progress and items lost them, independently if others get something or not.

Well, i lost 150 gold (not much in general, but good enough for me), i was about to buy an outfit... and now they're gone.

And instead of getting my money back, they gonna(received nothing so far) send me a firecracker i'll probably never use? Thanks Anet, most generous of you.

Honestly, i was expecting they'll just give everyone 400 gems or something and be done with it.

I just don't understand this selectivity... why not give it to all in the first place? Yes there will be people who will get it literally for nothing, but let's face the facts, those people wouldn't buy it in the first place, so nothing would be lost.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"George.9745" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> > > Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

> >

> > My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO kitten SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just kitten around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

> >

>

> People who logged in actually did lose progress, even if not all of them.

> If you only think you lose something when you find out others get something, then it's not true. People who actually lost progress and items lost them, independently if others get something or not.

Well, I think taking a day off to do something but then not being able to feels like enough of a lost progress. Especially compared with someone who just popped in, did nothing and got compensated.

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"George.9745" said:

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> > > > Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

> > >

> > > My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO kitten SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just kitten around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

> > >

> >

> > People who logged in actually did lose progress, even if not all of them.

> > If you only think you lose something when you find out others get something, then it's not true. People who actually lost progress and items lost them, independently if others get something or not.

>

> Well, I think taking a day off to do something but then not being able to feels like enough of a lost progress. Especially compared with someone who just popped in, did nothing and got compensated.

The fairest thing to do would be to compensate only those who lost items and progress, but you realize how difficult would that be? That is why they gave it to everyone who logged in. Because it's the most likely group to have lost progress.

US, choosing to not log in didn't lose anything, we chose to not do it. The ones who lost progress or items didn't chose anything. That is why they were compensated.

> @"George.9745" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"George.9745" said:

> > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > > @"George.9745" said:

> > > > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > > > Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> > > > > > > Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO kitten SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just kitten around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > People who logged in actually did lose progress, even if not all of them.

> > > > > If you only think you lose something when you find out others get something, then it's not true. People who actually lost progress and items lost them, independently if others get something or not.

> > > >

> > > > You clearly have brain damage. No point in continuing to tell you how this is unfair. U can't understand, you literally don't have the necessary minimum inteligence to understand what I am saying.

> > >

> > > This is a nasty post to read

> > >

> > > Almost everyone on this subkrct has kept the discussion respectful to each other. Do not bring insults and personal attacks to our forum because you have no wish to understand another persons point of view

> >

> > It's useful to see the level of maturity of some of the people complaining though.

>

> Dude don't play the mature card on me when u can't even think from a logical point of view. Come on, at least I got some real facts and real issues, you just love your mount and spit on the ones who didn't get it.

Why do you assume ingot a mount? I didn't get any mount at all because I didn't play either.

> @"Maultrace.5761" said:

> Well, i lost 150 gold (not much in general, but good enough for me), i was about to buy an outfit... and now they're gone.

> And instead of getting my money back, they gonna(received nothing so far) send me a firecracker i'll probably never use? Thanks Anet, most generous of you.

> Honestly, i was expecting they'll just give everyone 400 gems or something and be done with it.

>

> I just don't understand this selectivity... why not give it to all in the first place? Yes there will be people who will get it literally for nothing, but let's face the facts, those people wouldn't buy it in the first place, so nothing would be lost.

How could you loose 150 gold when you didn't log in? If you did log in, you'll get a mount skin.

And Anet wrote they're working on restoring everything that was lost due to the rollback.

I'm not sure if giving 400 gems to every account would be good for the GW2 economy. There are 11 Mio accounts (though I don't know how active these accounts are). That would be a lot of gems flooding the market. A skin doesn't do as much damage to the economy as a currency like gems.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > @"George.9745" said:

> > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> > > > > Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

> > > >

> > > > My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO kitten SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just kitten around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

> > > >

> > >

> > > People who logged in actually did lose progress, even if not all of them.

> > > If you only think you lose something when you find out others get something, then it's not true. People who actually lost progress and items lost them, independently if others get something or not.

> >

> > Well, I think taking a day off to do something but then not being able to feels like enough of a lost progress. Especially compared with someone who just popped in, did nothing and got compensated.

>

> The fairest thing to do would be to compensate only those who lost items and progress, but you realize how difficult would that be? That is why they gave it to everyone who logged in. Because it's the most likely group to have lost progress.

> US, choosing to not log in didn't lose anything, we chose to not do it. The ones who lost progress or items didn't chose anything. That is why they were compensated.

The problem here is saying what "a loss" is reasonably and as fairly as possible. I think that giving eveyone the same (yet smaller) compensation would be less problematic. And by everyone I mean non-EU players too, because the TP is shared, so they were negatively affected too, in a way.

You chose to not log in. You chose to not play that day. And you didn't lose anything since it was your own choice.

Those who did play and lost progress didn't had any choice in it, that is why they were compensated.

Since it's too hard or costly for anet to compensate only those who lost progress compared to those who just logged in, the gave it to everyone who logged in, since it's the easiest way to get the smallest possible group, without leaving anyone who did lose progress outside. That is why.

> @"Rhiannon.1726" said:

> > @"Maultrace.5761" said:

> > Well, i lost 150 gold (not much in general, but good enough for me), i was about to buy an outfit... and now they're gone.

> > And instead of getting my money back, they gonna(received nothing so far) send me a firecracker i'll probably never use? Thanks Anet, most generous of you.

> > Honestly, i was expecting they'll just give everyone 400 gems or something and be done with it.

> >

> > I just don't understand this selectivity... why not give it to all in the first place? Yes there will be people who will get it literally for nothing, but let's face the facts, those people wouldn't buy it in the first place, so nothing would be lost.

>

> How could you loose 150 gold when you didn't log in? If you did log in, you'll get a mount skin.

>

> And Anet wrote they're working on restoring everything that was lost due to the rollback.

>

> I'm not sure if giving 400 gems to every account would be good for the GW2 economy. There are 11 Mio accounts (though I don't know how active these accounts are). That would be a lot of gems flooding the market. A skin doesn't do as much damage to the economy as a currency like gems.

I had a few bets on skins i wanted to buy, totaling in about 150g, so after people stated that things disappear in tp(oh yeah, and +30g in reagents before i realised i was sending them into oblivion), i just decided to take the bets off and get my money, i thought since they going to restore everything anyway, that action won't do anything, so whatever... imagine my surprise on the next day.

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > @"George.9745" said:

> > > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > > Not getting a compensation item, is not a punishment. You lost nothing.

> > > > > > Others getting compensation because they lost something is not a punishment for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > My friend took a day off to grind his scale on monday. He saw the desaster and didn't log in. How is that not lost progress for him? Meanwhile I stood AFK in LA and did mass suicide from the lighthouse. YOU MAKE NO kitten SENSE MATE. He should get the skin, I was just kitten around, he actually lost a whole day dedicated for something in the game.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > People who logged in actually did lose progress, even if not all of them.

> > > > If you only think you lose something when you find out others get something, then it's not true. People who actually lost progress and items lost them, independently if others get something or not.

> > >

> > > Well, I think taking a day off to do something but then not being able to feels like enough of a lost progress. Especially compared with someone who just popped in, did nothing and got compensated.

> >

> > The fairest thing to do would be to compensate only those who lost items and progress, but you realize how difficult would that be? That is why they gave it to everyone who logged in. Because it's the most likely group to have lost progress.

> > US, choosing to not log in didn't lose anything, we chose to not do it. The ones who lost progress or items didn't chose anything. That is why they were compensated.

>

> The problem here is saying what "a loss" is reasonably and as fairly as possible. I think that giving eveyone the same (yet smaller) compensation would be less problematic. And by everyone I mean non-EU players too, because the TP is shared, so they were negatively affected too, in a way.

Ok guys, you win. I will enjoy my free skin. The rest of you who didn't log in and lost a day of whatever you were working on, please be happy for me. I worked hard on moday, jumped 6 times from the lighthouse in LA to prove my point and finally got my reward. The rest of you, see you at the bonfire. And stop hating on us, we lost the most, ok?