So... when will holosmith get nerfed?

Vagrant.7206

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> Holosmith isn't OP. It has good +1 potential if you engage stealthily due to access to burst and CC. The double Elixir S is probably the most annoying part of fighting Holosmith, but meh.

This post is meant as fluff. Every class likes to complain about nerfs. I'm just expecting ANet to nerf us out of nowhere. :)

Meanwhile, engi be like: "Ah you think nerfs are your ally? You merely adopted the nerf. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!"

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > Holosmith isn't OP. It has good +1 potential if you engage stealthily due to access to burst and CC. The double Elixir S is probably the most annoying part of fighting Holosmith, but meh.

>

> This post is meant as fluff. Every class likes to complain about nerfs. I'm just expecting ANet to nerf us out of nowhere. :)

>

> Meanwhile, engi be like: "Ah you think nerfs are your ally? You merely adopted the nerf. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!"

Honestly, I think rangers had it worse, at least until druid came out.

> @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > Holosmith isn't OP. It has good +1 potential if you engage stealthily due to access to burst and CC. The double Elixir S is probably the most annoying part of fighting Holosmith, but meh.

> >

> > This post is meant as fluff. Every class likes to complain about nerfs. I'm just expecting ANet to nerf us out of nowhere. :)

> >

> > Meanwhile, engi be like: "Ah you think nerfs are your ally? You merely adopted the nerf. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!"

>

> Honestly, I think rangers had it worse, at least until druid came out.

I can't honestly say I knew what it was like to be a ranger back then. Engineer wasn't bad at the time, but it wasn't great either. We had a brief stint in PvP as the turret engi, but I thought that was gimmicky.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > > Holosmith isn't OP. It has good +1 potential if you engage stealthily due to access to burst and CC. The double Elixir S is probably the most annoying part of fighting Holosmith, but meh.

> > >

> > > This post is meant as fluff. Every class likes to complain about nerfs. I'm just expecting ANet to nerf us out of nowhere. :)

> > >

> > > Meanwhile, engi be like: "Ah you think nerfs are your ally? You merely adopted the nerf. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!"

> >

> > Honestly, I think rangers had it worse, at least until druid came out.

>

> I can't honestly say I knew what it was like to be a ranger back then. Engineer wasn't bad at the time, but it wasn't great either. We had a brief stint in PvP as the turret engi, but I thought that was gimmicky.

That was gimmicky. Personally, I liked the build that was popular right before HoT came out, with rifle and grenade burst.

If you are running a power build it is pretty hard to kill. They have the auto proc invuln so you can't spike them. They can chain stealth and shrinking elixers once their auto invuln comes in so they can pretty much kite indefinitely unless you can condi load them before their elixers come in. Combine that with very high damage and chain CC ability and it is a very strong class.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > I know it's not holo exclusive, but that auto-proc elixir S that everyone and their mothers use really needs to go.

>

> Yup. Many are keen to ditch that trait too, but there are literally no other options in that tier if you don't run eGun

Presumably if Anet scraps that trait they will replace it with something else that is hopefully useful.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> I know it's not holo exclusive, but that auto-proc elixir S that everyone and their mothers use really needs to go.

And Defy Pain (Warrior's Equivalent) too, And Stoneform (Ranger's Equvalent) too. And maybe they will finally add a useful trait on that tier for engineer. People mostly run the automatic elixir S for lack of options.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > I know it's not holo exclusive, but that auto-proc elixir S that everyone and their mothers use really needs to go.

>

> And Defy Pain (Warrior's Equivalent) too, And Stoneform (Ranger's Equvalent) too. And maybe they will finally add a useful trait on that tier for engineer. People mostly run the automatic elixir S for lack of options.

God knows it's a double-edged sword for engineers. I've been killed almost as many times from it as I've been saved by it.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > I know it's not holo exclusive, but that auto-proc elixir S that everyone and their mothers use really needs to go.

> >

> > And Defy Pain (Warrior's Equivalent) too, And Stoneform (Ranger's Equvalent) too. And maybe they will finally add a useful trait on that tier for engineer. People mostly run the automatic elixir S for lack of options.

>

> God knows it's a double-edged sword for engineers. I've been killed almost as many times from it as I've been saved by it.

Getting the automatic elixir to proc when you have a bar full of condis...

Bless...

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

>

> And Defy Pain (Warrior's Equivalent) too, And Stoneform (Ranger's Equvalent) too. And maybe they will finally add a useful trait on that tier for engineer. People mostly run the automatic elixir S for lack of options.

yes, please, remove auto endure pain and auto stab from warrior

Removing auto immune traits would require a nerf to damage across the board. Otherwise new players would get spiked instantly without having a chance to realize what hit them.

Additionally, i never hated on power thfs and power mesmers because i always had auto traits to protect me from that spike from stealth cheese. If all auto traits were removed, i can see thfs and mesmers rustling my jimmies pretty significantly.

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> Removing auto immune traits would require a nerf to damage across the board. Otherwise new players would get spiked instantly without having a chance to realize what hit them.

>

> Additionally, i never hated on power thfs and power mesmers because i always had auto traits to protect me from that spike from stealth cheese. If all auto traits were removed, i can see thfs and mesmers rustling my jimmies pretty significantly.

But auto traits aren't avaible for all professions, so their existance still unfair. Either give them to everyone or remove them from everyone. Having only a few professions to have them and some being better than others (Endure Pain versus Elixir S) isn't right.

For those of you who don't know - engineer auto shrink makes them unable to attack (unlike warriors defy pain) and immune to physical damage but not conditional damage.

The shrink elixir proc is a poor mans defy pain lol.

Engineer must be played by holy people. Suffering is our lot in life.

> @Anthony.7630 said:

> For those of you who don't know - engineer auto shrink makes them unable to attack (unlike warriors defy pain) and immune to physical damage but not conditional damage.

>

> The shrink elixir proc is a poor mans defy pain lol.

>

> Engineer must be played by holy people. Suffering is our lot in life.

?.......not so much...elixir S also immune CC's so u can safe stomp/res with it, you can't safe stomp/res with endure pain.

enemy can still apply conditions to you when endure pain.

but you take no additional conditions when you elixir S

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> > @Anthony.7630 said:

> > For those of you who don't know - engineer auto shrink makes them unable to attack (unlike warriors defy pain) and immune to physical damage but not conditional damage.

> >

> > The shrink elixir proc is a poor mans defy pain lol.

> >

> > Engineer must be played by holy people. Suffering is our lot in life.

>

> ?.......not so much...elixir S also immune CC's so u can safe stomp/res with it, you can't safe stomp/res with endure pain.

> enemy can still apply conditions to you when endure pain.

> but you take no additional conditions when you elixir S

Warrior (well, spellbreaker at least) gets a lot of resistance (which holosmiths don't get) and stability (which the typical holosmith build has on one skill, apart from X which prevents attacking or skill use), so that really isn't a fair comparison. If a warrior is about to go down from condition ticks under endure pain, they can pop a cleanse or resistance. If an engineer is about to drop from conditions while in X, they get downed with no chance of preventing it.