Mad king clock tower

edj.9620

Here's how I got it after numerous failures: I hid all of the hideable armor, took off the chest armor to improve visibility, dyed my boots in bright color, turned graphics settings to minimum (because lag kills), muted GW2 (too much distracting/annoying noise and dialogue), put on some high-bpm music ... and finished it easily.

As for the clock face, from what I've seen it's better to jump slightly late than too early. The right side is blocked by invisible wall, even though it seems like you should be able to jump through there. Only jump after you see lightning strike.

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> Here's how I got it after numerous failures: I hid all of the hideable armor, took off the chest armor to improve visibility, dyed my boots in bright color, turned graphics settings to minimum (because lag kills), muted GW2 (too much distracting/annoying noise and dialogue), put on some high-bpm music ... and finished it easily.

Thanks but i already spent more time on that than i'd like and i'm not improving. So instead of wasting time fetting frustrated i'll do something that is funfor me instead and just craft the boots.

Last year I had no problems getting to the top and jumping in and doing multiple runs with success. This year I can't seem to get inside, it's like there is a barrier stopping me from hitting the right spot. My character just runs flat into the tower and falls.

I've tried reducing the graphics to the lowest, joining different instances, jumping into the tower at different times, but to no avail.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > > @Seriously.7953 said:

> > > > Thanks. I'll try it again for a few days but my buggest problem is that i play a charr and no matter where i put the camera, i can't see where i'm going and the camera gets stuck on the above floating pieces making it do that zoom in behind the back thing making me fail.

> > >

> > > That makes it more difficult, I'd create a new human character just for doing JP's. Not sure it will help much on a Charr, but you can try removing all your armor before doing the JP.

> > >

> >

> > As a bad jumper and a fellow char, you also might consider one of the Quagan tonics.

>

> There's performance supplements for Jumping puzzles? :smiley:

> I don't want to be accused of substance abuse. :sweat_smile:

> Seriously, what tonics? :tongue:

>

> I thought transformation tonics slow you down or something.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quaggan_Tonic

Have used this one a number of times to get my Charr beyond some spots. I may not be able to jump, but that tail....

> @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> Have used this one a number of times to get my Charr beyond some spots. I may not be able to jump, but that tail....

Yes, but how do you use it in a clocktower? Zoning in seems to strip all tonics (since it's in PvP) and they're not usable within there either.

(Personally, I prefer using the monkey king tonic for some jps. Those jumps have nice arch, easy to land even on small spots.)

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @Seriously.7953 said:

> > > Thanks. I'll try it again for a few days but my buggest problem is that i play a charr and no matter where i put the camera, i can't see where i'm going and the camera gets stuck on the above floating pieces making it do that zoom in behind the back thing making me fail.

> >

> > That makes it more difficult, I'd create a new human character just for doing JP's. Not sure it will help much on a Charr, but you can try removing all your armor before doing the JP.

> >

>

> I have light armor on, the armor isn't the problem, the size of the character and the camera is. Also that zoom in thing the camera does, lust like in the video cafard posted. On the human character it's not such a kitten problem, but on a charr, all i can see in that second is my character's glorious back and nothing else.

>

> Is there a way to disable the camera doing that? I hate it in open world and fractals, but here it's maximum annoying.

Norns and Charr definitely have a tougher time in Jumping puzzles. Use to be much worse before first person view was implemented. In tight spaces the camera would get stuck behind their heads, making the next jump a true leap of faith.

I do the jumping puzzles on all my toons and for me the humans and sylvari have it easiest (smallest female norn also works). Asura are easier than charr / norn but they're movement is so spastic in puzzles it sometimes messes me up.

I would suggest just doing the puzzle on a human or sylvari toon. You can create one and be at the puzzle in ten minutes, level doesn't matter. The rewards are account bound so it doesn't matter which toon you use. As for the puzzle itself, try to keep moving as much as possible. And practice. It takes a bit of time to get the rhythm down and to memorize all the jumps. Which is also true for the Wintersday jp.

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > @Seriously.7953 said:

> > > > Thanks. I'll try it again for a few days but my buggest problem is that i play a charr and no matter where i put the camera, i can't see where i'm going and the camera gets stuck on the above floating pieces making it do that zoom in behind the back thing making me fail.

> > >

> > > That makes it more difficult, I'd create a new human character just for doing JP's. Not sure it will help much on a Charr, but you can try removing all your armor before doing the JP.

> > >

> >

> > I have light armor on, the armor isn't the problem, the size of the character and the camera is. Also that zoom in thing the camera does, lust like in the video cafard posted. On the human character it's not such a kitten problem, but on a charr, all i can see in that second is my character's glorious back and nothing else.

> >

> > Is there a way to disable the camera doing that? I hate it in open world and fractals, but here it's maximum annoying.

>

> Norns and Charr definitely have a tougher time in Jumping puzzles. Use to be much worse before first person view was implemented. In tight spaces the camera would get stuck behind their heads, making the next jump a true leap of faith.

>

> I do the jumping puzzles on all my toons and for me the humans and sylvari have it easiest (smallest female norn also works). Asura are easier than charr / norn but they're movement is so spastic in puzzles it sometimes messes me up.

>

> I would suggest just doing the puzzle on a human or sylvari toon. You can create one and be at the puzzle in ten minutes, level doesn't matter. The rewards are account bound so it doesn't matter which toon you use. As for the puzzle itself, try to keep moving as much as possible. And practice. It takes a bit of time to get the rhythm down and to memorize all the jumps. Which is also true for the Wintersday jp.

I have human and norn alts, but honestly, i'm even worse with a human than with my charr main. Mainly because i'm used to how the charr work and where their center is, but with smaller races they look like they're moving faster (they're not, it just looks like that), and i'd have to adjust myself to that all over again. Maybe with a norn. I don't know...

i never finished it, one reason is because they advertised it wrong.

it is not a jumping puzzle, any and all puzzles requires you to figure thing out.

it is however, a jumping _race_, you need to jump AFAP to the top and hope you reach the top in time.

i like to see a JP, one where i can just take my time and complete it at my pace.

> @edj.9620 said:

> Just seeing if anyone is having the same issue I am with this kitten puzzle. Is anyone else getting to the very end of it, letting the lighting hit the clock and breaking it open and then bouncing off the hole and then falling into the void?

As I already wrote in two other threads: you need to jump the very second you spot the clockface window coming around the corner, before it starts breaking, or else you won't make it inside. That's the whole trick.

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> As I already wrote in two other threads: you need to jump the very second you spot the clockface window coming around the corner, before it starts breaking, or else you won't make it inside. That's the whole trick.

Strange. I've always succeeded if I wait until I see the lighting hit. That is, the clock face is broken and facing towards me.

And I've completed it... let's see, the achievement says 38 repetitions, so that's around 114 times. Only bounced off thrice, when I jumped too early (plus some fails from jumps that fell too short).

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> Strange. I've always succeeded if I wait until I see the lighting hit. That is, the clock face is broken and facing towards me.

Different people focus on different things, I suppose. Since I am rather zoomed in during the JP, I have never really noticed the lightning bolt. Also, my eyes are pretty focused on my character and the small area where they are standing.

When you jump the second you see the clockface window coming around the corner, you get inside just when the lightning smashes the window. So I guess it is the same moment we talk about, but each of us focuses on different cues.