Advice before I buy this PC

Hi guys,

I was thinking to buy an all-in-one PC, the Lenovo A540 27’’ , simply because it would easily fit my small space and I am not a dedicated gamer, just a casual during the weekend.

Those are the specs:

intel core i5-9400T

AMD Radeon RX560 4GB

8GB RAM

SSD + HHD

I found couple of spread info but it’s difficult to evaluate based on other people’s cases.

Do you think I can run the game at decent FPS at medium resolution?

Really shouldn't buy it. You're better off with a laptop and a screen. The All in One doesn't offer upgrade advantages over a standard 15" laptop, it even uses a low powered laptop grade CPU. If that RX 560 is the notebook version it is going to perform very poorly in anything that actually uses the GPU ; even the desktop version is quite underpowered. GTX 1050 Ti is faster than RX 560 and if you have a PCIE power restriction (i.e. no power connectors allowed) the GTX 1650 is faster too but not really worth it over RX 570 / RX5500XT.

In addition, a laptop (even a desktop replacement one) offers you increased portability.

For this generation, anything that is 6 core or higher (Intel 9th or 10th gen if not Ryzen 3rd gen) with GTX 1660 Super / RX 5600 XT level (GDDR6 VRAM on 192-bit memory bus) is a good bet. If you don't play AAA games or anything recent I would still try to get at least GTX 1650 Super / RX 5500 XT or RX 570.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> Really shouldn't buy it. You're better off with a laptop and a screen. The All in One doesn't offer upgrade advantages over a standard 15" laptop, it even uses a low powered laptop grade CPU. If that RX 560 is the notebook version it is going to perform very poorly in anything that actually uses the GPU ; even the desktop version is quite underpowered. GTX 1050 Ti is faster than RX 560 and if you have a PCIE power restriction (i.e. no power connectors allowed) the GTX 1650 is faster too but not really worth it over RX 570 / RX5500XT.

>

> In addition, a laptop (even a desktop replacement one) offers you increased portability.

>

> For this generation, anything that is 6 core or higher (Intel 9th or 10th gen if not Ryzen 3rd gen) with GTX 1660 Super / RX 5600 XT level (GDDR6 VRAM on 192-bit memory bus) is a good bet. If you don't play AAA games or anything recent I would still try to get at least GTX 1650 Super / RX 5500 XT or RX 570.

Thank you!

It was really helpful. I had the same thinking that an AIO will use basically the same technology of a laptop sacrificing power. With basically the same price I'm getting this (it's even cheaper if I exclude the monitor):

Intel Core i5-9400F

16 GB RAM

GTX 1660 6GB

SSD 256 GB + 1 TB HHD

The 9400F is much better for GW2 than the 9400T as it boosts a lot higher, but a Ryzen 3600 will be even better for the same price. It has the same single core performance as the 9400F but additionally SMT which will improve its performance a lot in other games that are better multithreaded than GW2.

The 9400F is the absolute minimum of a CPU I would buy in 2020, while the 3600 is the current best price/performance option for any game.