Skill Suggestion - P/P Deadeye

IOwnYOu.6812

Hello Everybody,first of all I have to say that im not really into pvp or wvw, so please forgive me in advance if my suggestion is completely over the top.Im currently playing my pve p/p deadeye which im enjoying most of the time, but it can get repetitive very fast sometimes.Today an idea for a new skill came to my mind which got me so excited I had to share it somewhere.Please note that this idea is primarily focused on p/p thief and that im coming from a pve background. I was thinking about a small dash skill with x-amount of max. charges, which generate over time. This would provide an extra amount of mobility and kiting potential for p/p deadeye which it lacks in comparison to the rifle deadeye imo .... and lets be real it would add an extra amount of fun to p/p deadeye.Maybe this added mobility and kiting potential would also make p/p deadeye slightly more viable in pvp(?).Imagine it like the dash of the League of Legends hero Lucian:

via GIPHY

I am well aware that such a skill would bring some problems such as:1. Daredevil grandmaster trait "Unhindered Combatant" could become irrelevant.-> that's why it has to be a small dash and without its benefits (removing conditions & gaining swiftness)2. p/p deadeye could become overall to strong because of the high dps and the improved mobility.-> but since it would be a (elite)-skill you have to sacrifice another skill which would result in a loss of dps (most likely) 3. Access for other builds.-> this might lead to annoying evade spam with the daredevil spec but on the other hand might provide a small form of gap closer for vanilla d/d thiefs These are just some potential problems I stumbled across while I was writing this and thinking about my idea but there are most likely much more (balancing) problems and points to consider but I just wanted to share my idea and excitement. Please feel free to comment and share your ideas and opinions!Thank you for your attention!

The main issue for the P/P weapon set is rooted in the way how dual wielding works. It just mashes the main hand and off hand together and replaces "3" with a dual skill instead of replacing skills based on synergy (or better lack thereof). I agree mobility is an issue but don't worry about P/P becoming "too strong" in PvP, that's never going to happen because of the sheer amount of range denial there is. Also, there are already other AAs with both more range and dmg then Unload.

But here is what I would do to fix the weapon set:

for 1: Replace Vital Shot with Unload, remove the iniciative cost and add ~10-20 sec of "Revealed" to the skill.

^ Unload is alredy our "AA" and we don't need 2 skills wich esentialy fit the same roll

for 2: Replace Bola Shot with an engagement skill, plain and simple. We don't need 2 CCs and Headshot does alredy a good job here.

for 3: replace Unload with a small scale AoE skill

for 4: keep it as it is

for 5: Replace Black Powder with a disengagement skill, also pretty self explenatory.

You might notice that there is no strong burst option but honestly that's not really needed as that's what rifle is there for and these weapon sets desperately need something to differentiate themselfs from each other. If rifle is the more "stationary" long range power damage option with a focus on bust and stealth then P/P should be the more mobile mid range power damage option with a focus on sustainability and more direct engagements (which also fits the general theme of the weapon set).

If they would change P/P like this you wouldn't have to choose between damaging the break bar and attacking the enemy anymore and you would be a lot less reliant on Unload in general.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> for 1: Replace Vital Shot with Unload, remove the iniciative cost and add ~10-20 sec of "Revealed" to the skill.

>

> ^ Unload is alredy our "AA" and we don't need 2 skills wich esentialy fit the same roll

>

> for 2: Replace Bola Shot with an engagement skill, plain and simple. We don't need 2 CCs and Headshot does alredy a good job here.

>

> for 3: replace Unload with a small scale AoE skill

>

> for 4: keep it as it is

>

> for 5: Replace Black Powder with a disengagement skill, also pretty self explenatory.

I also was thinking about it as a possible weapon skill and I'm loving your input!

But the problem here is that you would have to revamp the whole thief weapon skill system wouldn't you?

Dual wielding would need to get removed completely which also forces changes onto other builds.

Furthermore if you remove the weapon skill Black Powder, D/P daredevil just wouldn't exist anymore.

Thats why I cancelled this thought straight away and didn't even consider to note it in my opening post.

> @"IOwnYOu.6812" said:

> But the problem here is that you would have to revamp the whole thief weapon skill system wouldn't you?

No, other weapon sets should be completely unaffected by this as this wouldn't change how the individual skills work. We would effectively just increase the number of "dual skills" from 1 to 4 just for this weapon set. There also shouldn't be a tachnical limitation on the number of skills which can be replaced by using 2 1H weapons.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> There also shouldn't be a tachnical limitation on the number of skills which can be replaced by using 2 1H weapons.

>

This is totally true but it would differentiate completely from how all the other weapon combinations work, making it kind of unique.

> @"IOwnYOu.6812" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > There also shouldn't be a tachnical limitation on the number of skills which can be replaced by using 2 1H weapons.

> >

> This is totally true but it would differentiate completely from how all the other weapon combinations work, making it kind of unique.

Well ofc. you don't need to replace more than one weapon skill if the set is working well as it is rn but ask yourself what is more important: some perceived system that only replaces one skill and allows for severe synergy issues and redundancies or having well designed weapon sets. Also, if there are other weapon sets with similar issues (not just on thief but in general) then I think they too should get the appropriate treatment.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> [...] what is more important: some perceived system that only replaces one skill and allows for severe synergy issues and redundancies or having well designed weapon sets. Also, if there are other weapon sets with similar issues (not just on thief but in general) then I think they too should get the appropriate treatment.

Yes sure. But lets face it how realistic is it that ArenaNet overhauls a complete weapon set or even multiple weapon sets.

Besides that this would take a big effort, there would also be some people that wouldn't welcome those changes.

So why even bother from ArenaNets perspective. There is nothing (/not much) to gain.

Thats why I presented my idea as an utility skill instead of a weapon skill.