Give us permanent solution for the FPS drops

Seriously the game become so unstable I just want to quit its unplayable and really annoying to see how my FPS drops from 50 to 2 with the response of "I don't fucking give a shit, that's the way I work".

This issue appeared for me for the first time ever since the release of PoF and after I 'fixed it' halloween is here and again the problem is back and its even worse than before.

And don't give me solutions to fix on my PC I disabled every useless piece of crap microsoft app I found on my PC and all my drivers are up to date and games works fine with 100+ FPS but only GW2 works like that to me and it appears I'm not the only one.

Please give us something its your game not ours, We are not the experienced developers you are.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here, it started about 2/3 weeks ago though. I don't wanna point fingers but for some reason I can play other games at a stable fps.

I'm playing on a 3 year old laptop with i7 4700, GTX 860m and 8gb ram. I used to run it with low/medium settings at 1080p and get 40-60fps. Now I can't even get stable fps with lowest settings at 720p.

I tried playing other games like Overwatch, Paladins and Heroes of the Storm and they work fine with medium/high settings.

Same here, can't play pve anymore since pof came out but domain of istan patch killed the game completely. Textures not loading at all, fps allways at 1 in boss fights, sometimes maps wont load at all , npc and enemys wont load at all etc etc

If it wasnt for pvp the game would be dead for me and i need to play since i put hours and money into it ...

I've also had FPS issues since PoF release. It's really annoying, it wasn't like that before PoF. Sometimes i can't even turn the camera around without getting 4-7 FPS.

Anet, please look into this. I think it's on your side. You can't make an expansion that is almost unplayable due to low FPS when the rest of the gsme and previous expansion worked perfectly good before.

My fps drops from the standard 50-60, which is much lower than the 110 I used to get back at launch, to 5-7 fps till I relog. Very annoying, especially in mid-high plat pvp games where I just can't afford to underperform or relog. I know Anet doesn't care much about competitive play, but seriously, I have heard raids are hard and I can't imagine players are fond of fighting a boss at 7fps. Please either look into this, or tell us that you are and that you can't find it. We will likely be more supportive if we know you are actively trying to help rather then just being ignored.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Better PC or turn down settings. So many problems go away for those on an underperforming system when they reduce their model quantity setting.

settings are turned down in my case. GW2 is a 5 year old game that hasn't changed graphically in those 5 years, my fps has gone down to half of what it used to be at launch, while other games seem to run at the same efficiency. I would really hope that a 2k gaming pc can handle an old mmo, if it can't that is on the side of the devs with optimization not my side. Also a lot of us aren't reporting low fps, we are reporting spikes of low fps. I can play the game fine for 8 hours through zergy wvw, wide open world HoT maps, and into fast paced pvp, then all of the suddon, for no reason what so ever, my fps goes to 7 and just stays there till I relog. After which it will be fine for another amount of time before it does the same thing again.

> @"nortask.8351" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Better PC or turn down settings. So many problems go away for those on an underperforming system when they reduce their model quantity setting.

>

> settings are turned down in my case. GW2 is a 5 year old game that hasn't changed graphically in those 5 years, my fps has gone down to half of what it used to be at launch, while other games seem to run at the same efficiency. I would really hope that a 2k gaming pc can handle an old mmo, if it can't that is on the side of the devs with optimization not my side. Also a lot of us aren't reporting low fps, we are reporting spikes of low fps. I can play the game fine for 8 hours through zergy wvw, wide open world HoT maps, and into fast paced pvp, then all of the suddon, for no reason what so ever, my fps goes to 7 and just stays there till I relog. After which it will be fine for another amount of time before it does the same thing again.

Poor optimization has always had an impact on performance regardless of the PC used. The servers seemed to have taken a hit around when PoF launched. I’m not sure if something in the code from that is causing issues or perhaps that’s the same time that they moved to Amazon servers.

That said, I’m not experiencing the same issues as players and what I suggested above tends to resolve most issues. I always try to leave the model limit down even though my computer can handle everything maxed. Players with consistent issues can try to the IP ping, or whatever the technique was, to see where the issue was between them and Anet’s servers.

haha yeah the game engine is really odd

sometimes my graphic card even underclocks itself because it got nothing todo cpu is not over 60% too but still the fps are not even near 60 although there are plenty of free resources to be used the game engine does not use them and runs the game in laggy 28 to 32 fps

if the cpu and gpu would be at 100% I could understand it if the games fps would be lower as 60 but yeah no idea why the game is not using the full potential of a modern computer

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"nortask.8351" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Better PC or turn down settings. So many problems go away for those on an underperforming system when they reduce their model quantity setting.

> >

> > settings are turned down in my case. GW2 is a 5 year old game that hasn't changed graphically in those 5 years, my fps has gone down to half of what it used to be at launch, while other games seem to run at the same efficiency. I would really hope that a 2k gaming pc can handle an old mmo, if it can't that is on the side of the devs with optimization not my side. Also a lot of us aren't reporting low fps, we are reporting spikes of low fps. I can play the game fine for 8 hours through zergy wvw, wide open world HoT maps, and into fast paced pvp, then all of the suddon, for no reason what so ever, my fps goes to 7 and just stays there till I relog. After which it will be fine for another amount of time before it does the same thing again.

>

> Poor optimization has always had an impact on performance regardless of the PC used. The servers seemed to have taken a hit around when PoF launched. I’m not sure if something in the code from that is causing issues or perhaps that’s the same time that they moved to Amazon servers.

>

> That said, I’m not experiencing the same issues as players and what I suggested above tends to resolve most issues. I always try to leave the model limit down even though my computer can handle everything maxed. Players with consistent issues can try to the IP ping, or whatever the technique was, to see where the issue was between them and Anet’s servers.

From what I heard the eastern US may not be on Amazon servers. I have absolutely no knowledge on if this is true or not, but do you happen to be from the east or the north east?

The continual locking of FPS to 30fps since around the Win 10 Fall update is getting worse for me and other I talk to.

Whether its the updates or whether something in game has been messed with.. something definitely is killing the performance of the game for players, no matter what rig we have or what level of setting we are using.. ANET need to take a long hard look and do something before it annoys enough players that much more that it begins to hit the game in other ways.

The issue imo is not related to player side as its just a sudden drop for me from a solid 60FPS to immediately 30FPS no matter what map and for no obvious reasons.. I could just be on a lonely map farming a flax seed when it hits or when zoning into LA/DR.. its that random.... ALT-TAB tends to fix it temporarily.. but its getting ever more frequent to the point I can sometimes spend more time alt-tabbing than actually playing....

As a player since launch, this is the most unstable the game has ever been for me. The game would smoothly with around 70FPS in most areas, and for whatever reason its dropping to 6FPS and changes to a slide show for around 3-4 minutes, before 'remembering' how to work properly again. Its worth mentioning my ping remains pretty stable, at ~40-115.

The issue definitely started happen at, or at least soon after PoF launch. Interestingly my configuration has changed quite substantially over this period of time to test a few things. So since PoF release:

1. Using my normal configuration, on a computer i have used for 6 years with no issues, the game stopped running smoothly and would drop to 6FPS for a short duration of time (this would occur 3-4 times in a 3-4 hour period).

2. I moved house, different internet provider, with faster speed, same problem. Same problem, may have occured 1-2 more time per hour (bearing in mind there was a bit of gap between game time of about 1 month before this got installed, i think 1 update had gone in at this point)

3. I bought a new computer (not for this issue, just it was 6 years old and wanted an upgrade), fresh Windows 10 install and fresh client. Same problem.

4. After the latest patch the game seems to have become almost unbearable to play. I was duelling in a GH last night, and this problem would literally occur almost every 5 mins or so, and would last between 30s and 3-4minutes. Unplayable when trying to be competitive in any way.

My current PC is:

SSD M.2

GTX 1070ti

Intel i7 7700k Overclocked.

16GB RAM

I struggle to see how this issue is from my configuration, when it started to occur in a completely different location, and on a computer that had worked for 6 years, which in turn was on hardware that hadn't been upgraded in 6 years.

> @"Vaga.5174" said:

> As a player since launch, this is the most unstable the game has ever been for me. The game would smoothly with around 70FPS in most areas, and for whatever reason its dropping to 6FPS and changes to a slide show for around 3-4 minutes, before 'remembering' how to work properly again. Its worth mentioning my ping remains pretty stable, at ~40-115.

>

> The issue definitely started happen at, or at least soon after PoF launch. Interestingly my configuration has changed quite substantially over this period of time to test a few things. So since PoF release:

> 1. Using my normal configuration, on a computer i have used for 6 years with no issues, the game stopped running smoothly and would drop to 6FPS for a short duration of time (this would occur 3-4 times in a 3-4 hour period).

> 2. I moved house, different internet provider, with faster speed, same problem. Same problem, may have occured 1-2 more time per hour (bearing in mind there was a bit of gap between game time of about 1 month before this got installed, i think 1 update had gone in at this point)

> 3. I bought a new computer (not for this issue, just it was 6 years old and wanted an upgrade), fresh Windows 10 install and fresh client. Same problem.

> 4. After the latest patch the game seems to have become almost unbearable to play. I was duelling in a GH last night, and this problem would literally occur almost every 5 mins or so, and would last between 30s and 3-4minutes. Unplayable when trying to be competitive in any way.

>

> My current PC is:

> SSD M.2

> GTX 1070ti

> Intel i7 7700k Overclocked.

> 16GB RAM

>

> I struggle to see how this issue is from my configuration, when it started to occur in a completely different location, and on a computer that had worked for 6 years, which in turn was on hardware that hadn't been upgraded in 6 years.

i have a pretty good set up myself have no problems playing new games on ultra settings but 3 weeks into pof ive been plagued with fps spikes down to 10 fps when im by myself on an empty map I've given up hope of playing ranked in pvp. due to this and other design reasons anet has chosen i now play gw2 once a week and by play i mean log on to get daily log in rewards and log out to play something that actually works.

> @"risingeagle.7813" said:

> Game had a good run, time to move on. The latest patches have driven performance to the ground. Every movement causes some type of flicker, freeze, or latency problem.

>

> Would be great if they come out with a similar Sci-Fi style MMO or something.

Strange. I still get +40-63fps in PoF maps with mostly high settings.

Then again, I control what Windows 10 and GPU driver updates happen.

for those saying "get a better PC" It's not a "get a better PC" issue, ive been getting massive frame drops to where the game is unplayable (5 fps) even in non intensive gameplay like running around wvw (not in a fight), and i have to restart the game. this happens almost nightly and it's getting really annoying. Ive tried turning off shadowplay, turning graphics to best performance (low everything), (i dont have arc dps)

i7 7700k OC'd @ 5.1ghz

1080ti

32gb RAM

game is on SSD

i dont want to hear "get a better PC" i dont have these issues in other games

anet fix your game

The problem with GW2 performance is that their old engine can't handle the complex map design, models, and textures in POF.

To ArenaNet: please STOP MAKING MAP DESIGN (AND GAME ASSETS) THAT YOUR ENGINE CAN'T HANDLE!!

For the love of all that is good and holy, ArenaNet, please just stop. Update your engine first, K??

Just coming in to confirm (mostly) what others have said. Although I will say, I think everyone needs to calm down here. ANet can't fix what might be massive issue overnight.

Currently running:

Windows 10 Pro x64 (kept very clean and running well)

AMD FX-8300 8 Core Processor @ 3.3GHz

NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

16 GB RAM

My desktop isn't the best thing ever at all, but it should definitely be MORE than enough to run this game at max settings, 60 FPS easy. Instead I'm getting 26 FPS at around medium settings at 1440x900. Power settings are all set for maximum performance. Yes, I checked each individual advanced option myself. I've been having this issue for a long time (on another PC too) but I never really said anything about it until now.

I know my CPU is kinda old but so far the game ran smoothly until this week, Not sure if this is related to the latest 12th January mini-patch or Win10 updates, I just updated my Win10 the same day the mini-patch came out, i think it was the Fall Creator's Updates and the patch fixing Intel meltdown bugs anyways, after that the performance drops like a rock, now even with the lowest settings i am getting less than 30 FPS, in Fractals 10~20. Haven't tried WvW and Meta events but i am guessing <10 fps?

While the game runs in the lowest settings the GPU usages is capped at 100% constantly and CPU around 40%, tried other games like Battlefield 1, Total Wars and Division, everything else is fine so my CPU/GPU isn't dying .

Now my only hope is either the next Win10 update will fix this or Anet will do something, otherwise this game is just unplayable to me.

Currently running:

Windows 10

I5-3470 @ 3.20GHz

NVidia GeForce GTX 970

8 GB RAM