Should battle maul be allowed to crit?

K THEN.5162

> @"Fjaeldmark.9043" said:

> If you're losing half your health to battle maul it's your own fault for running a glass build.

Or for being an Backline Ele. ;)

> @"mikdepadua.8376" said:

> Unfortunately, there seems to be a large portion of the playerbase (the zerglings who dont want to die when they're running to their zerg) don't want mounts removed because it made travelling the map risk free for them.

The max ability for gliders should be allowing them to fly on the wind. Lololol

> @"K THEN.5162" said:

> so do you think the battle maul engage ability should get the same treatment?

The crit does seem to be a bit excessive, especially when a crit from an Ele in zerker is only like 4-5k ish I believe ...

Does gear stats affect how hard battle maul hits for?

* remove ability of mount getting any boons/passives from player (aegis for example)

* remove mount from receiving anything related to player traits/sigils/runes

* lower its current hp significantly (I prefer none)

* remove cc immunity

* remove mount stomp, promotes the ultimate lazy play

* remove any dmg from mount or give it a flat 1k not affected by any player/ally stat/trait/sigil/rune/etc

* keep sniff, this was the only thing I saw as a reasonable addition to mount besides the speed

* if hp and cc immunity removed, it can keep 2 dodges

* make warclaw blessing kick in faster

* keep the speed just above swiftness, this one is debatable

* keep lance, possibly reduce cd

* keep chain pull, though I think most would not care if it stays or goes

* please give us an option to disable the dreaded camera snapping back to front when mounted, some of us like to look behind without the camera snapping back

• 3 weeks later...

Mount never should have been put in WvW in the first place. Battle maul does way to much damage with might stacks and other modifiers, sniff ruins the element of surprise and the dodges make it a pain in the ass to stop people without outnumbering them with lances.

What they should have done and would have I think given the wvw players a reward that they have kind of been asking for(which I personally could care less about) was to unlock the warclaw in wvw and give it a good use in pve. Even if it was just a reskin of say the jackal. Then you make custom skins for each tier of player rank that unlock automatically (bronze, silver, gold ect. ).

also inb4 forum warriors show up with the " you don't like warclaw you must be a FiLtHy GaNkEr" response they put in every thread.

> @"Lightning Xv.8705" said:

> Mount never should have been put in WvW in the first place. Battle maul does way to much damage with might stacks and other modifiers, sniff ruins the element of surprise and the dodges make it a pain in the kitten to stop people without outnumbering them with lances.

>

> What they should have done and would have I think given the wvw players a reward that they have kind of been asking for(which I personally could care less about) was to unlock the warclaw in wvw and give it a good use in pve. Even if it was just a reskin of say the jackal. Then you make custom skins for each tier of player rank that unlock automatically (bronze, silver, gold ect. ).

>

>

> also inb4 forum warriors show up with the " you don't like warclaw you must be a FiLtHy GaNkEr" response they put in every thread.

The ganking excuse is pretty prevalent and really sad because those people don't seem to understand that they're giving gank builds the ultimate mobility tool that let's them avoid potentially harming their builds by taking extra mobility.

> @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > @"Lightning Xv.8705" said:

> > Mount never should have been put in WvW in the first place. Battle maul does way to much damage with might stacks and other modifiers, sniff ruins the element of surprise and the dodges make it a pain in the kitten to stop people without outnumbering them with lances.

> >

> > What they should have done and would have I think given the wvw players a reward that they have kind of been asking for(which I personally could care less about) was to unlock the warclaw in wvw and give it a good use in pve. Even if it was just a reskin of say the jackal. Then you make custom skins for each tier of player rank that unlock automatically (bronze, silver, gold ect. ).

> >

> >

> > also inb4 forum warriors show up with the " you don't like warclaw you must be a FiLtHy GaNkEr" response they put in every thread.

>

> The ganking excuse is pretty prevalent and really sad because those people don't seem to understand that they're giving gank builds the ultimate mobility tool that let's them avoid potentially harming their builds by taking extra mobility.

Exactly this. They're so clueless that they don't even understand how "ganking" works which is why they would fall to it first.

It's also hard to take them seriously when they say the nerf makes mounts useless. And then you see this:

> @"kiwituatara.6053" said:

>

>

> Just reviving this thread. This is why battle maul is NOT okay

> [https://imgur.com/a/DpFGk7v](https://imgur.com/a/DpFGk7v

> @"kiwituatara.6053" said:

> Soulbeast sic em and greatsword 2. Get on mount and hit somebody for 15k with battle maul, throw in a warrior warhorn, might stacks and you’re looking at battle mauls of around 20k. Warclaw should be immune to damage multipliers and not be allowed to crit. Just make it a flat 1000 damage when you dismount regardless of class or build, no rng and no crit.

Flatout 1k sounds like something a lot better than some of the numbers posted in here.