Aura animation

aelska.4609

I understand the philosophy behind "uniform aura animation" but I genuinely think it was a mistake. You dont react the same way to magnetic aura than shocking aura. Color and "status bar effect" are different BUT:

* Icons are very similar from one aura to an other

* Colors are not perceived the same way by everybody: screen settings or colorblindness.

I don't remember anyone complaining about previous aura animations. They were way more visible.

I liked the very old animations too, yes. The eggshells were already difficult, but the new ones? No way, seriously. Frost and shocking aura look too similar, just as light. And in the heat of battle, even fire and magnetic can be mistaken.

Just make auraspam unviable again and delete revive bots. :lol:

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> They should just have a ring around the character of the appropriate color. Minimalist but effective.

Any colorblind out here will tell you how much such a system would make them QQ. Some already confuse an ennemy for an ally because of the title color, imagine asking them to distinguish a color between 7 others. Auras have powerful effects, knowing when to hit is a must-have.

> @"Hirosama Nadasaki.6792" said:

> > @"aelska.4609" said:

> > I don't remember anyone complaining about previous aura animations. They were way more visible.

>

> I certainly hope you mean the previous, _previous_ animations and not the egg shells.

Yeah, the ones that were doing RKZZRKRZKZZZ for shocking aura!

> @"McPero.3287" said:

> Animations are better but icons need to be changed. They can keep same icons but give them colours:

> red for fire, blue for ice, brown for magnetic, white for shocking.

Icons change would already be quite an easy fix indeed :)

> @"aelska.4609" said:

> > @"Hirosama Nadasaki.6792" said:

> > > @"aelska.4609" said:

> > > I don't remember anyone complaining about previous aura animations. They were way more visible.

> >

> > I certainly hope you mean the previous, _previous_ animations and not the egg shells.

>

> Yeah, the ones that were doing RKZZRKRZKZZZ for shocking aura!

Oh in that case then yea I liked those ones more too, especially the frost aura. Though in all honesty it doesn't matter what they do with auras they'll never be visible enough amid the sea of combo fields, shiny character models, and other flashy abilities.