Berserker questions for WvW.

Strider.7849

Was just curious what someone of you find is the sweet spot in terms of armor rating/toughness for berserker in WvW? Currently I'm a bit over 2800 before the -300 is applied. I've been wanting to try a grieving berserker next and having an idea of how much toughness I'd need would greatly help me theory craft this.

Secondly, I've been experimenting between the 20% damage on berserker skills vs King of Fires and I'm at a loss as to which is more useful overall. I like the detonation on fire field, the extra might stacks - but most importantly I'm finding that my rage generates faster (not sure if this is in my head). Was also wondering if any of you know whether this trait does generate more adrenaline and how is it doing it, if it does? Is it through the detonation itself and/or the burning procs when someone hits your fire aura?

Lastly, I know berserker isn't mainstream for PvP/WvW.. I play it because it's fun and I enjoy it.

> @"Strider.7849" said:

> Was just curious what someone of you find is the sweet spot in terms of armor rating/toughness for berserker in WvW? Currently I'm a bit over 2800 before the -300 is applied. I've been wanting to try a grieving berserker next and having an idea of how much toughness I'd need would greatly help me theory craft this.

Toughness definitely has a greater impact after the last balance patch. Raw stats are starting to matter more. I used a somewhat 50/50 mix of Sentinel and Berserker gear post patch and roaming was a breeze on Berserker.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEdflJwSYXMMWJOWPWtbA-zVZYBRMqSLciiRBCpQCrCiIEaNBUbaSwmG-w

Yeah, I actually took the defense line and the 300s dead traits, they still fck people over, and when roaming you might not actually see another player for 300s lol. There were matchups that were hard for me before that became far easier with that build. The ones that I found easy before were still easy. The 2800 defense is a pretty good benchmark to shoot for now. Particularly if you can ensure close to 200% crit damage and 50% crit rate. I think this is because all the raw damage has been lowered to the point where stacking toughness and damage reduction modifiers actually work. Pre patch it was kind of a fools errand to do so. I actually had better success going full glass pre patch than trying to take Defense.

There is an interesting dynamic now in that some people are trying to go as full glass as possible to make up the difference in damage numbers, but toughness has a chance now to do its thing. Coupled with damage reduction modifiers, you can tank the opening burst of the 1 shot builds and kill them while also having enough personal dps to wear down a bunker. You can still get outplayed, it happens, but WvW's gear selection allows you to find a sweet spot in the stats to be a real all around bruiser.

> Secondly, I've been experimenting between the 20% damage on berserker skills vs King of Fires and I'm at a loss as to which is more useful overall. I like the detonation on fire field, the extra might stacks - but most importantly I'm finding that my rage generates faster (not sure if this is in my head). Was also wondering if any of you know whether this trait does generate more adrenaline and how is it doing it, if it does? Is it through the detonation itself and/or the burning procs when someone hits your fire aura?

It's 15% in WvW and PvP not 20%. If you are going Condi, then take King of Flames. If you want to go full on toughness then Eternal Champion. If you want to roll Power DPS then take Bloody Roar. The detonation effect on King of Flames is itself an attack which will build adrenaline per foe hit, so if you value the extra adrenaline gain over everything else then King of Flames is an okay choice.

> Lastly, I know berserker isn't mainstream for PvP/WvW.. I play it because it's fun and I enjoy it.

It does fine in WvW roaming, but it is up to your skill level how effective it is. The skill floor is higher and some matchups are easier than on core or Spellbreaker, some are harder. I personally find Mesmers of all types trivial to fight with a Berserker, but your experience may be different.

It is a fun class to play, and its not like the points matter in WvW right?