Beginning fractals - Guardian or revenant?

From a meta perspective, Guardian is the more flexible of the two there.

As Rev you will generally be on Diviner Alacrigade, while on Guardian, depending on the group you can opt for DPS DH, power Quickbrand or support Healbrand.

As for what is easier to learn, I personally find the layered resources of Rev with Energy costs, Skill CD's, Weapon swap CD and Legend swap CD a bit obnoxious to manage in high stress situations, but that's mainly only a factor in CM's with additional mechanics to worry about, not so much learning early on.

So if you can get past that or even enjoy it, Renegade is probably the easier of the two, but that remains subjective.

Another thing to keep in mind, as @"Funky.4861" mentioned below, Revenant is the least played profession while Guardian is the most played one, so it's likely easier to find groups looking for Alacrigades.

For builds and guides [This](https://discretize.eu/builds) should still be a good resource.

My two main classes are straight up cDPS Firebrand and Alacregade, both for CMs/Strikes. It's definitely easier for me to find a group looking for a Alac Revenant than for DPS roles.

If you really want to branch out, your best bet is probably Healbrand/Quickbrand, as those two roles are always desired.

You could also learn/gear both roles eventually to have the flexibility. (I have 4 "roles" I'm comfortable with for doing Strikes/CMs, HB/QB *not* being one hahah).

> @"Memoranda.9386" said:

> My two main classes are straight up cDPS Firebrand and Alacregade, both for CMs/Strikes. It's definitely easier for me to find a group looking for a Alac Revenant than for DPS roles.

>

> If you really want to branch out, your best bet is probably Healbrand/Quickbrand, as those two roles are always desired.

>

> You could also learn/gear both roles eventually to have the flexibility. (I have 4 "roles" I'm comfortable with for doing Strikes/CMs, HB/QB *not* being one hahah).

So as a HB/QB I will not have a problem to find group? ;)

In T1 and T2, arguably even in T3, roles don't matter (much).

However, between those two professions, Guardian would be the more flexible one.

In T3 (mostly Siren's Reef and the Joko fractal) I've seen more groups being saved by Guardians than groups being saved by Revenants.