Musical Instruments should be removed from the Gem Store (if they are to remain broken [2 yrs now])

Most of us in the GW2 community know the musical instruments have been broken for about 2 years now, and since no one on the Anet team is implementing a fix for them (or not trying to fix them any longer), they really should be removed from the Gem Store to prevent new players from wasting their money.

Not everyone in the game is a master music player, and playing the scripts for those players 'was' enjoyable to compensate for their lack of musical ability. It brought the community more together in the big cities.

**Now**, not only do the instruments not work with the scripts anymore that GW2 music tabbers took hours to tab, even players like me who had my Midi Keyboard mapped for manually playing the in-game musical instruments cannot play the instruments like that anymore because of the delay on octave changing and how notes/chords are being completely missed.

Thank you for looking into this. It is not a good business practice to sell Gem Store items that are broken or that once worked in a better game state.

• 1 month later...

I'm probably going to get hate for this. So be it ..

I think the scripts takes away from the people who put in the time to learn to play songs on their instruments, when someone can just use a script to play songs that aren't even possible to do for a normal player in the game.

And also, no they shouldn't remove them from the store just because a 3rd party tool doesn't work with the item.

They work like they should (even though a lot of improvements could be made to them) in-game.

And even if you disagree, it's up to someone to create a work around for the script.

Anet shouldn't consider 3rd party tools when making gemstore items, they should only make sure they work in-game.

Instruments have been in-game a long time before people began using scripts for them.

> @"jokke.6239" said:

> And even if you disagree, it's up to someone to create a work around for the script.

> Anet shouldn't consider 3rd party tools when making gemstore items, they should only make sure they work in-game.

> Instruments have been in-game a long time before people began using scripts for them.

The octave delay and missed notes can affect people who play by keyboard and not script as well. I'm like 98% sure octave swap delay was introduced somewhere down the road and wasn't in the game when instruments started being a thing. Something made them worse than originally designed.

> @"jokke.6239" said:

> I'm probably going to get hate for this. So be it ..

> I think the scripts takes away from the people who put in the time to learn to play songs on their instruments, when someone can just use a script to play songs that aren't even possible to do for a normal player in the game.

> And also, no they shouldn't remove them from the store just because a 3rd party tool doesn't work with the item.

> They work like they should (even though a lot of improvements could be made to them) in-game.

How does this take away from anyone? What is being removed from them?

Theres some bugs, like lute getting the next note muted if you wait between notes so long that the animation ends, or horn note channeling getting interrupted and repeated at random.

Theres also a bigger problem if trying to play chords from 3 octaves or shifting between them at insane speeds, which is also the reason why macrobotters ran into problems with their scripts.

Botting for farming gold in other ways is always frowned upon, wonder why music gets a special treatment?

I've personally funded a lot of my characters expenses by playing the flute around Tyria and when I first bought it, I couldn't play at all and had to learn to do it by studying and repetition, why should someone else be able to do it just by using a third party program?

• 1 month later...