Connection Error: Retrying

Hello. I have been having this error today whenever I launch Guild Wars 2. As of now, I am trying to reinstall the game but it still giving me this error. so it seems I cannot connect to the patching server? I did do some of the solutions that I have found such as flush DNS, reset winsocket, and resetting my modem. None of the solutions are working right now. Is anyone else having these issues? I am in Canada so I Use the NA servers.

Yup, ever since this morning PDT I've had the same issue on my desktop. On my laptop though, no error. Been driving me mad, and tried all the same. I cannot connect and get the following error "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying.." I've disabled all firewall/av without success. Manually set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 on my adapter, flushed dns, netsh winsock reset, rebooted numerous times. Everything else is working and functioning as normal.

windows did an update today, im am going back to the previous version as it was working perfectly fine yesterday. I never had this error before . I did submit a ticket as well but I know they are too busy these days. It could be their server is down but besides you no one else confirmed they were having issues.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> So glad I always choose the 'delay update for a month or two' option.

> Thanks for the information.

It's an insider build, You can't delay builds in it so sounds like you don't have it.

Yep 20150 done the same thing for me, It seems Guild wars is the only game affected as both GW1 and 2 both get the error. Rolling back to 19645 fixes it though.

> @"Neobest.7930" said:

> i have a friend that as vers 1903 and still has the problem it as to be 19645?

>

Im currently using the May 2020 update from Windows

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

you can download it from there. Also, check your firewall settings and allow GW2.

https://computing.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/209752885-Allow-or-block-programs-with-the-Windows-Firewall

> @"Tryptamine.9032" said:

> Can't get it to work even with rollback of windows version.

> Any other tips?

Open the "Run" command and type in winver and press ok. What version does it say you have? if it's not 20150 then it should work, I'm thinking your roll back didn't go as it should have. Microsoft is supposedly aware of the bug in 20150 and trying to fix it as it seems to be stopping a lot of games and programs from running.

> @"slayerking.3581" said:

> > @"Neobest.7930" said:

> > https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1293045202484540385/13828B2C24C40B3ED22C5E90FA506E1C8E2260D6/

> >

> > got this version off windowns and still dosnt work

>

> That is older than what is officially out! 19041 is the official release

Does it matters is not 20150 version and still it not work always givin the error

> @"kbrighton.4530" said:

> I was literally going back and forth with them for over a week before they finally acknowledged it was an issue. Thankfully, they seem to have some devs working on it.

With who? It's a windows problem on the insider fast/dev ring, They know and are fixing it. Look [here](https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/06/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20152/) in the known issues 5th point.

> > @"kbrighton.4530" said:

> > I was literally going back and forth with them for over a week before they finally acknowledged it was an issue. Thankfully, they seem to have some devs working on it.

>

> With who? It's a windows problem on the insider fast/dev ring, They know and are fixing it. Look [here](https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/06/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20152/) in the known issues 5th point.

I was going back and forth with support starting on the 19th, I think, when I first noticed it, which seems to be about the time it was happening. It took them a while to acknowledge there was an issue.

> @"kbrighton.4530" said:

> > @"slayerking.3581" said:

> > > @"kbrighton.4530" said:

> > > I was literally going back and forth with them for over a week before they finally acknowledged it was an issue. Thankfully, they seem to have some devs working on it.

> >

> > With who? It's a windows problem on the insider fast/dev ring, They know and are fixing it. Look [here](https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/06/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20152/) in the known issues 5th point.

>

> I was going back and forth with support starting on the 19th, I think, when I first noticed it, which seems to be about the time it was happening. It took them a while to acknowledge there was an issue.

Are you an insider on the fast ring? As that is the day after it was released and if you are and your version of w10 is 20150 or 20152 then you WILL have the problem.

> > @"kbrighton.4530" said:

> > > @"slayerking.3581" said:

> > > > @"kbrighton.4530" said:

> > > > I was literally going back and forth with them for over a week before they finally acknowledged it was an issue. Thankfully, they seem to have some devs working on it.

> > >

> > > With who? It's a windows problem on the insider fast/dev ring, They know and are fixing it. Look [here](https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/06/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20152/) in the known issues 5th point.

> >

> > I was going back and forth with support starting on the 19th, I think, when I first noticed it, which seems to be about the time it was happening. It took them a while to acknowledge there was an issue.

>

> Are you an insider on the fast ring? As that is the day after it was released and if you are and your version of w10 is 20150 or 20152 then you WILL have the problem.

Yeah, fast ring. And I figured that out and told them about it fairly quickly when I had my ticket in (I verified that it was working on my fiancee's computer, disabled firewalls, etc). It was just kind of frustrating it took the majority of the week for them to acknowledge it to me on the ticket. At this point, all I can do is wait for either Windows to fix it or (if they need to) for ArenaNet to update their clients to work with the changes.