Necromancer - A salty introduction

Redpawa.4108

Welcome to Necromancer land!_Our bugs are more fun than Warriors's_**General Necro Cons**- Lacklustre Core Elites (Signet & Well are missing) Racial elites are more useful than core_Asura_ (2 Summons and a Transform, all still better than necro’s)_Artillery Barrage_ (Meteor Shower+, and on necro too! lmao)_Reaper of Grenth_ (A necro elite better than actual necro elites?!)_Snow Leopard_ (Movement skills?! On a necro!?!?)_Take Root_ (basically doubles your movement speed! Jk ofc, still it _does_ make you immune)- Lacklustre weapon skills- Unnecessarily slow (skills and actual movement)- Extremely selfish- Overreliance on perma-boon (Might, Protection, Quickness)- Minions are based on AI (Less overall utility)- Class mechanic is a transform. Transforms are constantly bugged- 0 avoidance (Dodge it or Take Root for Sylvari) - Soccer ball from CC (It would be football, but EU have guardian pockets for stab)**General Necro Pros**- EXTREMELY powerful traits, Results in builds *feeling* different- Durable *and* has Decent damage- Heavy hitting skills. It just feels better to hit for 50% with a single skill than with 5 skills.- Amazing *potential* for rotations (3 active weapon sets including shroud)- Nails Class fantasy if you are into that**Overall Necro is a great intro to WvW, or to players migrating from WoW****You might also be interested playing a necro if you;**- Enjoy theory crafting- Have hand/nerve problems, for the slower paced combat- Don’t know when to quit- Enjoy being the local punching bag- Normally play thief but you haven’t had your morning coffee yet and you promised to play in 5 minutes_TLDR:_As of writing this there are 33.6k posts about necro balance. Roughly equal to complaints about stealth (Mesmer and Teef have 26.3k each and I am assuming 2/3rd of their posts are complaints about stealth)**If that doesn’t describe the profession, I don’t know what will.**At the end of the day we love our thematically appropriate punching bags, and would be glad to share the journey with you!

To any mods/developers, I mean no ill will by this post and hope the tongue and cheek message is taken well.Also if you now want to nerf racial skills please consider a buff so I don't have to take Flesh Golem

> Lacklustre Core Elites (Signet & Well are missing)

> Racial elites are more useful than core

> Asura (2 Summons and a Transform, all still better than necro’s)

> Artillery Barrage (Meteor Shower+, and on necro too! lmao)

> Reaper of Grenth (A necro elite better than actual necro elites?!)

> Snow Leopard (Movement skills?! On a necro!?!?)

> Take Root (basically doubles your movement speed! Jk ofc, still it does make you immune)

Imagine playing a human power necro. =) That sucks! It's "Chilled to the Bone!" or nothing.

I would add more:

* Punishment skills — almost completly useless. Maybe they make sense only in rare and specific sitiations or maybe in PvP/WvW, but there is something like "**Corrupt Boon**" or "**Well of Corruption**" from core profession.

* Other classes can do the same things but without hurting themselves. "Revive" Signet — Guardian or ele can do it, but they don't need to sacrifice 50% health. Only necro has to damage itself to deal damage (Corruption skills). Omg, why? Very low damage and slow animation is enough.

* Condi dps is always garbage until there is a place for Epidemic, but... let's be honest, it's FAKE. It doesn't count. Use every skill you can and do that 4-5k dps. Use every skills you have on condi renegade or maybe firebrand/weaver and there will be 3x higher dps. Why are there skills like "10s of bleeding"? It can become 20s (3 stacks) which is 10k damage. For 'Blood is Power" it's 15seconds. Way too long!

* The only good necro is power reaper because it actually deal damage.

My first character was necro. I wanted to play necro, but IMO it's the worst class in GW2. I'm still waiting for condi boost, because I want to play condi.

> @"Redpawa.4108" said:

> Welcome to Necromancer land!

> _Our bugs are more fun than Warriors's_

>

> **General Necro Cons**

> - Lacklustre Core Elites (Signet & Well are missing)

> Racial elites are more useful than core

> _Asura_ (2 Summons and a Transform, all still better than necro’s)

> _Artillery Barrage_ (Meteor Shower+, and on necro too! lmao)

> _Reaper of Grenth_ (A necro elite better than actual necro elites?!)

> _Snow Leopard_ (Movement skills?! On a necro!?!?)

> _Take Root_ (basically doubles your movement speed! Jk ofc, still it _does_ make you immune)

I wouldn't say that this way. The label "elite skill" is mostly a poor excuse for a long CD and, in most case, players would rather be able to slot an utility skill there than an "elite skill". The necromancer's elite skills not having really attractive effects don't help either.

> - Lacklustre weapon skills

Well, it's not that they lacks, in fact they are overloaded with effects. It's more that these effects are to situationals.

> - Unnecessarily slow (skills and actual movement)

It's not. Only interesting skills are which is why it feel like that.

> - Extremely selfish

Let's say that it's support isn't attractive.

> - Overreliance on perma- **self** -boon (Might, Protection, Quickness)

I've corrected you here. It's more the fact that they don't limit their group potential by providing themself these boons and basically making their effect an entire part of their base strength.

> - Minions are based on AI (Less overall utility)

The skills are just poorly designed. The way "rise!" work is superior to any other minion skill of the necromancer.

> - Class mechanic is a transform. Transforms are constantly bugged

Well, the class mechanic is a bit to overwhelming in the case of the necromancer, however amongst all transform skills it's probably the best in term of QoL.

> - 0 avoidance (Dodge it or Take Root for Sylvari)

> - Soccer ball from CC (It would be football, but EU have guardian pockets for stab)

>

True...

> **General Necro Pros**

> - EXTREMELY powerful traits, Results in builds *feeling* different

Probably to powerful. To the point of being heavily dependant on traits.

> - Durable *and* has Decent damage

Arguable.

> - Heavy hitting skills. It just feels better to hit for 50% with a single skill than with 5 skills.

Yet the hitting speed for those skills isn't satisfying at all.

> - Amazing *potential* for rotations (3 active weapon sets including shroud)

> - Nails Class fantasy if you are into that

Not at all. For me GW2 necromancer is far from the image I have of a necromancer (especially since this image come from GW). A necromancer in fantasy is one that lead armies of deads, strengthen it's minons and weaken it's foes, a general, not a big lump of health that trade hit for hit on the front line. It's supposed to be a support that control the battlefield from behind the line, cast terrifying magic at the cost of some sacrifice. It's none of that, thematically everything is there but so subdue, diluted, poorly implemented and ineficient that it feel like it's not there.

Edit: For me, based on my image of the necromancer in GW, the GW2's necromancer feel more like a warrior that would have mastered _defy pain_ and took necromancer as it's secondary profession.