Dear Anet, I love Halloween.. But.

STIHL.2489

I also had never finished the Clock Tower JP since starting the game around 2013 and I had just about given up. But then I watched this video of how to do it on YouTube and I watched carefully and tried the puzzle again a few times and finally did it this year. And once I got it the first time, I was able to complete it again twice in the same day, although it took a few more failures.

Try watching it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > @Nightshade.5924 said:

> > "I tried for hours...." kinda says it all for me.

>

> So you want everything in this game to be made super easy to accomplish? Now, _that_ would feel pretty unrewarding after a while if you could get stuff without effort.

Nobody has said that. Stop putting words in people's mouths; straw arguments aren't worth your time, really.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> People are forgetting that this is a festival event, so it isn't like raids. Festivals are meant to be fun and easygoing. They are specifically designed so that any player, new or old, can do it. That's why Ascent to Madness is set to such a low level. Raids are hardcore endgame content, it is unfair to compare the two.

>

> Should everything in the game be easily available to everyone? No. That would devalue other people's time and hard work.

> Should festival rewards be balanced to be easier to achieve then end-game content? Yes, that is the nature of festivals.

>

> PvP is also an unfair comparison, because PvP at least gives rewards for showing up. It may not be the same rewards as winning every match but I could throw in hours of PvP time and still have something to show for it. Whereas I could, and probably have, thrown in hours of Clocktower time and gotten absolutely nothing.

>

> However, Anet did provide a way to get the boots without the JP. If you look up guides you can get to 400 in any crafting profession with minimal gold. Whether this was intended as a way to help people who struggle with JPs or not, it does help people who struggle with JPs.

>

> Would it really hurt to give a no-ap, no-title pity prize to people who donated hours to the JP to try and complete it but just don't have the skill or physical ability? No.

>

> That being said, I am only trying to offer helpful and friendly discussion on the topic. My personal feelings is the pity prize is unnecessary for this festival.

Excellent response! Thank you. (Except the part I commented out.)

One question, though: how do you get the recipe for the boots? At least then I could get ONE more achievement.

> @Calanthe.3857 said:

>

No wonder they changed other players to spirits, having them running around seems a lot more confusing.

Anyway, a few tips:

0:41 - No need to jump down to the next block, you can just run without slowing down.

0.58 - Hard jump, most players seem to jump too early there. You won't fall instantly if you go over the 'top' of the platform, there's a downward slope. I usually run over the top edge, then jump when I see my character starting to slide down.

0:59 - Stay on the right side of the cog (and the stairs), it saves a lot of time.

1:05 - Jump too far left on the cog and you will slide off. Jump to the right and you'll start sliding down too... but it's possible to recover from that one by jumping again. So when I'm in hurry, I try to aim slightly to the right side, since it's safer.

1.14 - If you're in hurry, you can roll up these stairs (twice) to save some precious time.

> @Shard.4791 said:

> STIHL, are you saying every reward in this game should be achievevable by everyone? Raids, dungeon & fractal titles, SAB, grind titles (wvw ones mostly) et cetera? If not why are JPs an exception?

>

> I do not agree with that sentiment. IMO GW2 is already casual enough.

No.. I am saying that **Festivals** should be designed with everyone in mind, (notice I have only ever talked about the Clock Tower and Wintersday) where everyone ca and should be included and get prizes and enjoy themselves. That is the whole point of a festival, to include people, in fact festivals embrace the idea that everyone gets a prize, which is why people, old and young flock to them.

Festivals are not the time for people to stroke their ego, they can do that all the rest of the year, doing all that other stuff you mentioned like Fractals, Raids, etc.

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> Me going to get my drivers license...

>

> I fail because I keep crashing into oncoming traffic. Dont obey lights. Run stop signs.

>

>

> "There should BE NO TESTS, NONE WHATSOEVER, THAT GRANTS LICENSES OR SPECIAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS THAT IS GATED BEHIND SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE DONE BY EVERYONE. THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY DO YOU GET THAT?

I'll explain. this analogy you provided would mean you have a chance to actually kill, maim, or hurt someone. The issue in this thread is about a video game. That is all...

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Shard.4791 said:

> > STIHL, are you saying every reward in this game should be achievevable by everyone? Raids, dungeon & fractal titles, SAB, grind titles (wvw ones mostly) et cetera? If not why are JPs an exception?

> >

> > I do not agree with that sentiment. IMO GW2 is already casual enough.

>

> No.. I am saying that **Festivals** should be designed with everyone in mind, (notice I have only ever talked about the Clock Tower and Wintersday) where everyone ca and should be included and get prizes and enjoy themselves. That is the whole point of a festival, to include people, in fact festivals embrace the idea that everyone gets a prize, which is why people, old and young flock to them.

>

> Festivals are not the time for people to stroke their ego, they can do that all the rest of the year, doing all that other stuff you mentioned like Fractals, Raids, etc.

I would like to have a conversation with the people you are addressing 30 years from now. They may have changed their tune by then.

But, yes, you're right on target with the festival point. I just wonder why some people can't see your point? Probably just ego, as your second paragraph implies.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Shard.4791 said:

> > STIHL, are you saying every reward in this game should be achievevable by everyone? Raids, dungeon & fractal titles, SAB, grind titles (wvw ones mostly) et cetera? If not why are JPs an exception?

> >

> > I do not agree with that sentiment. IMO GW2 is already casual enough.

>

> No.. I am saying that **Festivals** should be designed with everyone in mind, (notice I have only ever talked about the Clock Tower and Wintersday) where everyone ca and should be included and get prizes and enjoy themselves. That is the whole point of a festival, to include people, in fact festivals embrace the idea that everyone gets a prize, which is why people, old and young flock to them.

>

> Festivals are not the time for people to stroke their ego, they can do that all the rest of the year, doing all that other stuff you mentioned like Fractals, Raids, etc.

Fair enough. See my other response in this same post.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> People are forgetting that this is a festival event, so it isn't like raids. Festivals are meant to be fun and easygoing. They are specifically designed so that any player, new or old, can do it. That's why Ascent to Madness is set to such a low level. Raids are hardcore endgame content, it is unfair to compare the two.

>

> Should everything in the game be easily available to everyone? No. That would devalue other people's time and hard work.

> Should festival rewards be balanced to be easier to achieve then end-game content? Yes, that is the nature of festivals.

>

> PvP is also an unfair comparison, because PvP at least gives rewards for showing up. It may not be the same rewards as winning every match but I could throw in hours of PvP time and still have something to show for it. Whereas I could, and probably have, thrown in hours of Clocktower time and gotten absolutely nothing.

>

> However, Anet did provide a way to get the boots without the JP. If you look up guides you can get to 400 in any crafting profession with minimal gold. Whether this was intended as a way to help people who struggle with JPs or not, it does help people who struggle with JPs.

>

> Would it really hurt to give a no-ap, no-title pity prize to people who donated hours to the JP to try and complete it but just don't have the skill or physical ability? No.

> It would not really harm anyone. And maybe the pity prize could only have a chance of getting the boots. That way people can either overcome the JP, craft the boots, or grind away hours of the their life for a chance at it.

>

> That being said, I am only trying to offer helpful and friendly discussion on the topic. My personal feelings is the pity prize is unnecessary for this festival.

I do feel like the JP is fun and easygoing. It's all about the attitude. Everyone can participate. That's a fact (I hate this saying). You say Ascent to madness is set to low level. Then why can't there be something harder also for those that like challenge? Yes, raids are endgame content. PvP isn't yet it's hard also. Some of the starting zone JPs are "hard" and some story missions can be hard also.

I don't disagree on that festival content shouldn't force people to play hard content. That is on ArenaNet. But this isn't required content after all. Now we know that the boots can be crafted. Not every content needs to be catered to everyone. We have lots of harder content in this game too, and lots of kitten easy as well. The festival, in this case JP (as is the case with other festival JPs) introduces "the joy of movement" to the players which is IMO the most fun aspect about GW2 and it's not end game content either. Movement is something you can do from Level 1.

People talk like the JP doesn't award anything at all unless you complete it which is false. On the first 30 seconds before the jump that people have trouble with (one of the many) there's already 2 chests which respawn and give tot bags. There's the participation reward. On top of that you get to have fun which is also a reward in itself. I do lots of things in this game that give zero rewards just because it's fun. I wish that mindset would be more common.

I don't oppose the pity prize but I've offered I think better solutions in other threads. There isn't much way to show off the mastery of that JP anyway so it wouldn't lessen the real achievement in my eyes. I might sound antagonistic but I just have completely different view on the matter and I wish the conversation could stay civil.

> @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > People are forgetting that this is a festival event, so it isn't like raids. Festivals are meant to be fun and easygoing. They are specifically designed so that any player, new or old, can do it. That's why Ascent to Madness is set to such a low level. Raids are hardcore endgame content, it is unfair to compare the two.

> >

> > Should everything in the game be easily available to everyone? No. That would devalue other people's time and hard work.

> > Should festival rewards be balanced to be easier to achieve then end-game content? Yes, that is the nature of festivals.

> >

> > PvP is also an unfair comparison, because PvP at least gives rewards for showing up. It may not be the same rewards as winning every match but I could throw in hours of PvP time and still have something to show for it. Whereas I could, and probably have, thrown in hours of Clocktower time and gotten absolutely nothing.

> >

> > However, Anet did provide a way to get the boots without the JP. If you look up guides you can get to 400 in any crafting profession with minimal gold. Whether this was intended as a way to help people who struggle with JPs or not, it does help people who struggle with JPs.

> >

> > Would it really hurt to give a no-ap, no-title pity prize to people who donated hours to the JP to try and complete it but just don't have the skill or physical ability? No.

> ...

> >

> > That being said, I am only trying to offer helpful and friendly discussion on the topic. My personal feelings is the pity prize is unnecessary for this festival.

>

> Excellent response! Thank you. (Except the part I commented out.)

>

> One question, though: how do you get the recipe for the boots? At least then I could get ONE more achievement.

You can buy the recipes from one of the halloween vendors. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunatic_Alchemist

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > > People are forgetting that this is a festival event, so it isn't like raids. Festivals are meant to be fun and easygoing. They are specifically designed so that any player, new or old, can do it. That's why Ascent to Madness is set to such a low level. Raids are hardcore endgame content, it is unfair to compare the two.

> > >

> > > Should everything in the game be easily available to everyone? No. That would devalue other people's time and hard work.

> > > Should festival rewards be balanced to be easier to achieve then end-game content? Yes, that is the nature of festivals.

> > >

> > > PvP is also an unfair comparison, because PvP at least gives rewards for showing up. It may not be the same rewards as winning every match but I could throw in hours of PvP time and still have something to show for it. Whereas I could, and probably have, thrown in hours of Clocktower time and gotten absolutely nothing.

> > >

> > > However, Anet did provide a way to get the boots without the JP. If you look up guides you can get to 400 in any crafting profession with minimal gold. Whether this was intended as a way to help people who struggle with JPs or not, it does help people who struggle with JPs.

> > >

> > > Would it really hurt to give a no-ap, no-title pity prize to people who donated hours to the JP to try and complete it but just don't have the skill or physical ability? No.

> > ...

> > >

> > > That being said, I am only trying to offer helpful and friendly discussion on the topic. My personal feelings is the pity prize is unnecessary for this festival.

> >

> > Excellent response! Thank you. (Except the part I commented out.)

> >

> > One question, though: how do you get the recipe for the boots? At least then I could get ONE more achievement.

>

> You can buy the recipes from one of the halloween vendors. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunatic_Alchemist

Thank you!

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

>

>

>

>

> It would not really harm anyone. And maybe the pity prize could only have a chance of getting the boots. That way people can either overcome the JP, craft the boots, or grind away hours of the their life for a chance at it.

>

This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween? Also SAB Trials and Trib is also challenging content that is part of a festival.

Very long grinding isn't fun for me, it's fun for other people. But not for me, I don't have time for it, therefore I can't get the raven mini pet, Anet please nerf? See where I'm going? Everyone likes different things and have fun with different things. You can't use your definition of fun to claim what should or should be not part of a festival.

And I've already answered about PvP. It specifically answers to the guy saying rewards should only be awarded in content that is doable by everyone. I don't agree and I show why it's no sense through one example, but there are tons of others.

Also like someone else said, you get chests half way there.

> @troops.8276 said:

> This jumping puzzles a one off thing no and for boots was it? You can afk through ranked pvp and get lots of stuff? A backpack? Thats why I used pvp because the reward is analogous. Can you afk through the jp and get lots of stuff? No?

> Therefore, invalidated. Some of these are legit questions, I've just been playing devils advocate the whole time. To be fair if you'd started the thread and everyone came after you with a hard on, I'd probably have argued the other way.

>

> EDIT: To clarify I'd have fought you're corner. Just as badly and unasked for too. Also, it's just the whole jumping on people for what a lot of the time is just letting of steam. And the claim that there was no effort in trying over and over again. This isn't just directed at you or this thread, its just a thing.

- There are alternate ways to get boots.

- You can't afk in pvp, you will be banned by anet, it's against the TOS and people can report you for that.

- You can afk in tower but you'll get nothing. If you do it halfway, you can claim some chests.

Please explain how it's invalidated. Also wasn't exactly the point I was trying to make.

There are legit questions but driven with very subjective notions of how Anet should consider festivals, and even more subjective opinions of what content can be acceptably challenging or not.

Every single post is driven by one's interest and ego, it's obvious. We're all players wanting the game to stay the best to accommodate us

That's my whole problem with this thread, not everyone have issues with it, but the few who do call us egoists (as if their request wasn't in the first place) and keep saying we're bragging about our ability to do it (who is doing that?), those are poor arguments to the problem they're having.

I'm in favor of letting everyone enjoy their bit of content that they find fun and are good at, and yes, it's sad that not everyone has the capacity to do everything, but if we were pushing things to an extreme, someone with only one hand would likely not be able to do the simplest missions, and this argument could endlessly force the game to reinvent itself. That's the problem when you don't define "everyone should be able to get all rewards", there's always someone more "unable" than you.

The person in question only tried 2 times, they said so themselves. I call that no effort. You can play the devil's advocate all you want but that doesn't mean the game should just consider people who don't want (or can't) do it that they're completed it.

Also, jumping on people is also subjective, I don't necessarily like being called a brag or egoist for wanting an achievement not to be diminished. I don't mind if something is given halfway like some people suggested, but some others wants the completion to be recognized even though they haven't done it and this is not acceptable.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > People are forgetting that this is a festival event, so it isn't like raids. Festivals are meant to be fun and easygoing. They are specifically designed so that any player, new or old, can do it. That's why Ascent to Madness is set to such a low level. Raids are hardcore endgame content, it is unfair to compare the two.

> >

> > Should everything in the game be easily available to everyone? No. That would devalue other people's time and hard work.

> > Should festival rewards be balanced to be easier to achieve then end-game content? Yes, that is the nature of festivals.

> >

> > PvP is also an unfair comparison, because PvP at least gives rewards for showing up. It may not be the same rewards as winning every match but I could throw in hours of PvP time and still have something to show for it. Whereas I could, and probably have, thrown in hours of Clocktower time and gotten absolutely nothing.

> >

> > However, Anet did provide a way to get the boots without the JP. If you look up guides you can get to 400 in any crafting profession with minimal gold. Whether this was intended as a way to help people who struggle with JPs or not, it does help people who struggle with JPs.

> >

> > Would it really hurt to give a no-ap, no-title pity prize to people who donated hours to the JP to try and complete it but just don't have the skill or physical ability? No.

> > It would not really harm anyone. And maybe the pity prize could only have a chance of getting the boots. That way people can either overcome the JP, craft the boots, or grind away hours of the their life for a chance at it.

> >

> > That being said, I am only trying to offer helpful and friendly discussion on the topic. My personal feelings is the pity prize is unnecessary for this festival.

>

> This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween? Also SAB Trials and Trib is also challenging content that is part of a festival.

> Very long grinding isn't fun for me, it's fun for other people. But not for me, I don't have time for it, therefore I can't get the raven mini pet, Anet please nerf? See where I'm going? Everyone likes different things and have fun with different things. You can't use your definition of fun to claim what should or should be not part of a festival.

>

> And I've already answered about PvP. It specifically answers to the guy saying rewards should only be awarded in content that is doable by everyone. I don't agree and I show why it's no sense through one example, but there are tons of others.

> Also like someone else said, you get chests half way there.

>

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > This jumping puzzles a one off thing no and for boots was it? You can afk through ranked pvp and get lots of stuff? A backpack? Thats why I used pvp because the reward is analogous. Can you afk through the jp and get lots of stuff? No?

> > Therefore, invalidated. Some of these are legit questions, I've just been playing devils advocate the whole time. To be fair if you'd started the thread and everyone came after you with a hard on, I'd probably have argued the other way.

> >

> > EDIT: To clarify I'd have fought you're corner. Just as badly and unasked for too. Also, it's just the whole jumping on people for what a lot of the time is just letting of steam. And the claim that there was no effort in trying over and over again. This isn't just directed at you or this thread, its just a thing.

>

> - There are alternate ways to get boots.

> - You can't afk in pvp, you will be banned by anet, it's against the TOS and people can report you for that.

> - You can afk in tower but you'll get nothing. If you do it halfway, you can claim some chests.

> Please explain how it's invalidated.

>

> There are legit questions but driven with very subjective notions of how Anet should consider festivals, and even more subjective opinions of what content can be acceptably challenging or not.

> Every single post is driven by one's interest and ego, it's obvious. We're all players wanting the game to stay the best to accommodate us

> That's my whole problem with this thread, not everyone have issues with it, but the few who do call us egoists (as if their request wasn't in the first place) and keep saying we're bragging about our ability to do it (who is doing that?), those are poor arguments to the problem they're having.

>

> I'm in favor of letting everyone enjoy their bit of content that they find fun and are good at, and yes, it's sad that not everyone has the capacity to do everything, but if we were pushing things to an extreme, someone with only one hand would likely not be able to do the simplest missions, and this argument could endlessly force the game to reinvent itself. That's the problem when you don't define "everyone should be able to get all rewards", there's always someone more "unable" than you.

>

> The person in question only tried 2 times, they said so themselves. I call that no effort. You can play the devil's advocate all you want but that doesn't mean the game should just consider people who don't want (or can't) do it that they're completed it.

> Also, jumping on people is also subjective, I don't necessarily like being called a brag or egoist for wanting an achievement not to be diminished.

Pedant.

> @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

>

> Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

I could just say hey let's make Mad King Says hard, it would fit in with Clock Tower and Horror/Lich bosses.

How is it that hard to understand that we need content for all categories of players...

Ask for an easy mode all you want, but do not alter the original CT or the value of its reward.

> @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > Pedant.

>

> Really. you're trying too hard the concept of devil's advocate.

>

Nah, your just a pedant. For example 'Afk' Ppl talk about it, and it happens all the time in ranked. Nobody (or few it seems) gets banned. But yeh, its not all ways quite AFK all the time as ppl move in spawn every now and again. Its pretty kitteny. But all that didn't really need explained because its not that hard to figure out. Unless of course your just being pedantic.

> @troops.8276 said:

> > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > Pedant.

> >

> > Really. you're trying too hard the concept of devil's advocate.

> >

>

> Nah, your just a pedant. For example 'Afk' Ppl talk about it, and it happens all the time in ranked. Nobody (or few it seems) gets banned. But yeh, its not all ways quite AFK all the time as ppl move in spawn every now and again. Its pretty kitteny. But all that didn't really need explained because its not that hard to figure out. Unless of course your just being pedantic.

So you're calling me pedant over that, ignoring everything else?

Maybe I'm too stupid, since I don't seem to understand why you're dismissing my point over a question of afking. It was completely out of topic.

Seriously. How rude can people get.

> @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > Pedant.

> > >

> > > Really. you're trying too hard the concept of devil's advocate.

> > >

> >

> > Nah, your just a pedant. For example 'Afk' Ppl talk about it, and it happens all the time in ranked. Nobody (or few it seems) gets banned. But yeh, its not all ways quite AFK all the time as ppl move in spawn every now and again. Its pretty kitteny. But all that didn't really need explained because its not that hard to figure out. Unless of course your just being pedantic.

>

> So you're calling me pedant over that, ignoring everything else?

> Maybe I'm too stupid, since I don't seem to understand why you're dismissing my point over a question of afking. It was completely out of topic.

>

> Seriously. How rude can people get.

Yes. If the cap fits. And it really does. I'm not here to care about your feels though. If you don't like being called pedantic then don't be pedantic.

The simple answer to "what if people just afk" is make it take so long to get the pity prize that you REALLY have to be dedicated. Make it only have a *chance* at the boots. So that the person could do literally anything else in the game and get better rewards. Also a check at the beginning to make sure the person is actually there, like a small checkpoint at that first spot you have to stop and wait to be able to jump some more.

And again, no title or AP.

> @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

> >

> > Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

> I could just say hey let's make Mad King Says hard, it would fit in with Clock Tower and Horror/Lich bosses.

>

> How is it that hard to understand that we need content for all categories of players...

> Ask for an easy mode all you want, but do not alter the original CT or the value of its reward.

I have no problem with hard content. It's locking the metas behind impossible (for some people) content that I object to.

> @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > > This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

> > >

> > > Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

> > I could just say hey let's make Mad King Says hard, it would fit in with Clock Tower and Horror/Lich bosses.

> >

> > How is it that hard to understand that we need content for all categories of players...

> > Ask for an easy mode all you want, but do not alter the original CT or the value of its reward.

>

> I have no problem with hard content. It's locking the metas behind impossible (for some people) content that I object to.

If I have a full time job and I can't do 250 doors to get all AP (assuming thats what you call Meta) should it be removed just for me and other people in my situation?

How do we define what content is doable by everyone or not?

Clock Tower certainly requires patience and dextery, but some other parts of the meta requires grinding, which not everyone can do. We all have the same content offered to us but we wont get them all.

> @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > > > This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

> > > >

> > > > Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

> > > I could just say hey let's make Mad King Says hard, it would fit in with Clock Tower and Horror/Lich bosses.

> > >

> > > How is it that hard to understand that we need content for all categories of players...

> > > Ask for an easy mode all you want, but do not alter the original CT or the value of its reward.

> >

> > I have no problem with hard content. It's locking the metas behind impossible (for some people) content that I object to.

> If I have a full time job and I can't do 250 doors to get all AP (assuming thats what you call Meta) should it be removed just for me and other people in my situation?

> How do we define what content is doable by everyone or not?

>

> Clock Tower certainly requires patience and dextery, but some other parts of the meta requires grinding, which not everyone can do. We all have the same content offered to us but we wont get them all.

That is not what he is referring to. By meta he is talking about achievements that are locked behind other achievements. In this case it is the achievements for the halloween back piece that is locked behind obtaining a full set of the lunatics skins (of which you can get the boots by doing the JP)

> @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > > > This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

> > > >

> > > > Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

> > > I could just say hey let's make Mad King Says hard, it would fit in with Clock Tower and Horror/Lich bosses.

> > >

> > > How is it that hard to understand that we need content for all categories of players...

> > > Ask for an easy mode all you want, but do not alter the original CT or the value of its reward.

> >

> > I have no problem with hard content. It's locking the metas behind impossible (for some people) content that I object to.

> If I have a full time job and I can't do 250 doors to get all AP (assuming thats what you call Meta) should it be removed just for me and other people in my situation?

> How do we define what content is doable by everyone or not?

>

> Clock Tower certainly requires patience and dextery, but some other parts of the meta requires grinding, which not everyone can do. We all have the same content offered to us but we wont get them all.

Your arguments are getting worse and worse. It's 30 doors, not 250.

But, to answer your question, YES, if something is too hard for ANYBODY to do, then it should not be required for a festival meta. For example, I object to Ancient Grudge (AG), because it requires people to own PoF (even though I own PoF and expect to complete AG). Festivals are for fun; it's right in the definition of the word.

> @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @Deihnyx.6318 said:

> > > > > > This puzzle has been around for FIVE years, and it's already been made easier (more readable) once. If it was designed to be all easy for everyone, why would the tower be still part of Halloween?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because it would fit right in with "Mad King Says" and costume brawls.

> > > > I could just say hey let's make Mad King Says hard, it would fit in with Clock Tower and Horror/Lich bosses.

> > > >

> > > > How is it that hard to understand that we need content for all categories of players...

> > > > Ask for an easy mode all you want, but do not alter the original CT or the value of its reward.

> > >

> > > I have no problem with hard content. It's locking the metas behind impossible (for some people) content that I object to.

> > If I have a full time job and I can't do 250 doors to get all AP (assuming thats what you call Meta) should it be removed just for me and other people in my situation?

> > How do we define what content is doable by everyone or not?

> >

> > Clock Tower certainly requires patience and dextery, but some other parts of the meta requires grinding, which not everyone can do. We all have the same content offered to us but we wont get them all.

>

> Your arguments are getting worse and worse. It's 30 doors, not 250.

>

> But, to answer your question, YES, if something is too hard for ANYBODY to do, then it should not be required for a festival meta. For example, I object to Ancient Grudge (AG), because it requires people to own PoF (even though I own PoF and expect to complete AG). Festivals are for fun; it's right in the definition of the word.

Also for @"Mewcifer.5198"

The boots are NOT locked behind anything. You can craft them yourself. The argument doesnt hold and its been said for ages now.

SAB HM skins are however. Guess its gonna make another thread in a few months...

Also there is AP received for completing doors 50 5 times (hence the 250. I didnt simply make that up). I get that it is less important to you than skins. But its important too for some people. Imagine if they start complaining about that too?

Its not getting worse, it just needs to be constantly repeated that nothing is preventing you from getting these boots.