Remaining Legendary Weapons / Materials.

xAtri.9378

It was confirmed at most that new legendary weapons will continue to come with LS4 patches. They did also say it will NOT require PoF materials, at most PoF will add additional ways to get them but you will still be able to make them even if you do not own the new expansion. It was also confirmed they have a plan for more legendary trinkets and these could possibly be tied to PoF or LS4 we do not know yet.

> @xAtri.9378 said:

> When the remaining legendary weapons that will get released later in PoF / LS4

> Will they require PoF specific items?

No. They will continue to follow the Gen2.2 pattern we've seen with _The Shining Blade_ etc, including AmGems, Curios, etc.

> Will you be able to make them with HoT items?

Yes, you will have to

> Will it be some sort of dual recipe and can be made with either map specific currency / map completion?

No, strictly HoT, again same as what we've seen so far.

FYI ANet only told us that we'd see Gen2.3 legendaries concurrent with Living World, i.e. LS4 in approximately 3-4 months (maybe a tad longer). While the wording was ambiguous enough to allow the possibility that some new ones will drop with PoF, I don't expect it -- the economy is going to be upended plenty without also adding some legendaries.

> @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> It was confirmed at most that new legendary weapons will continue to come with LS4 patches. They did also say it will NOT require PoF materials, at most PoF will add additional ways to get them but you will still be able to make them even if you do not own the new expansion. It was also confirmed they have a plan for more legendary trinkets and these could possibly be tied to PoF or LS4 we do not know yet.

Please let there be other ways to get them. I can't see much more Mithril or Elder wood... It's soo boring...

• 1 month later...

And I'm curious about another thing

Somewhere around march 2016 there was an announcement that work on new legendary weapons will be suspended.

And then we got legendaries with LS3 but I was unable to find any notice about restoring work on these.

So my questions are: What is status of team working on legendaries? Will there be PoF-related gen 3 legendary weapons and do you think we will need another red mastery to be able to craft them?