numerical adjustment failure and more

Euclid.2517

> In this balance iteration, we're looking at the elementalist's grandmaster Fire traits. Persisting Flames is expected to push into more of a damage-over-time role, while Pyromancer's Puissance is getting a few changes focused toward group support and burst damage. With these changes, we are looking to also slightly reduce burning damage output in order to keep overall damage from going significantly higher in raid rotations.

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=vT1OBvueRSU](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT1OBvueRSU)

It turns out with the power buff and condi nerf, the condi weaver has 0.6k lower dps on golem.

Question: why would Anet nerf a class that is nearly non-existent in raid? You see power weaver often (less so comparing to DH, Holo, Soulbeast of course), but you rarely see a condition weaver. All it got is some decent dps, yet meta team **would prefer firebrand** because their damage is not much lower while providing more utility like **aegis**, group condition cleanse with f2, resistance from f3 etc.

A quick review of what has been happening to this class last two patches:

1. Obsidian skin acts like "Renewed justice" yet providing no boon etc. It also cannot break stun. Don't tell me that is a utility and OS is a weapon skill. Look at **Shield of Wrath** and **Arcane shield**. Former has shorter cd and also a **blast finisher**.

2. Updraft acts weirdly **without even a mention in patch note**.

3. "Lesser lava skin" removed **without even a mention in patch note**. Also no more fury from blasting fire field.

I can keep going on, but you get the spirit.

Basically condi weaver gains nothing and only loses in this patch. Lower dps, removed "lesser lava skin", no more fury from blast fire field **(you certainly won't take air to get fury)**.

Besides, the new 10% modifier is truly non-creative.

If things like this keep going on, it is very likely I will not buy the next Expansion.