Purging account bound items from the Trading Post

Preyar.6783

This was going to be a reply to the recent "Memories of Vlast" but it was locked before I was able to rely. Thing is, in this post it is mentioned that this story item that was supposed to be account bound instead of soul bound was had its transactions on the trading post removed, so therefore I replied:

While we're at this "account-bound items being on the Trading Post". Will there be any purge at some point to remove all of the account bound items on the Trading Post.

There are the items that still remain in limbo because items have been released and were soul bound by mistake, hence them ending up on the trading post and then afterwards just being dead space in it cause they were made account bound. (https://imgur.com/OVQxcDL and https://imgur.com/F57dnw1). Secondly we have a dozen of account bound crafting materials, recipes, armor, weapons etc who are just on the Trading post for no reason. (https://imgur.com/vKafZCN) Would be nice if there could be some kind of purge on all these.

• 9 months later...

The trading post should be purged of many things:

- Any buy or sell order priced below minimum. I understand that they don't start that way and it's the economy that changes, but once the price falls below minimum, the order should be automatically cancelled and the item or money kicked back to the owner.

- Obsolete items, like the old training books and other now-useless relics of the past. In fact, just get them out of the game entirely. They're a waste of code and space, and only serve to confuse and scam new players.

- Anything account bound.

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> The trading post should be purged of many things:

>

> - Any buy or sell order priced below minimum. I understand that they don't start that way and it's the economy that changes, but once the price falls below minimum, the order should be automatically cancelled and the item or money kicked back to the owner.

> - Obsolete items, like the old training books and other now-useless relics of the past. In fact, just get them out of the game entirely. They're a waste of code and space, and only serve to confuse and scam new players.

> - Anything account bound.

The reason that they don't do this is it's extremely labor intensive. Writing a script to purge items: relatively easy. Writing a script to ensure that nothing else got purged by mistake? That there are no technical repercussions? That the amount of coin returned to the economy all at once isn't disruptive? All of that is trickier.

They absolutely should do the things are your list. Right after they finish all of the other things on their list.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > Ran into one of these problems today, tried to sell an arrow cart siege blueprint on the trade post, but couldn't, the things are now delete on sight.

>

> Those are able to be sold on the TP. Are you sure you didn't just have it in a safe box/invisible bag?

I should have been more clear, I was unable to instantly sell one on the tradepost, as the 1c buy orders are not possible to sell too, sure I could list an arrow cart for 2c, but I won't waste my time.

> @"silor.5034" said:

> Truth is the TP really could use a good and proper cleaning, I don't think it has been done once since release and it is certainly due for one.

It's been purged twice (maybe three times) since launch. Some times, things changed after the cleaning, some things were missed, and some things weren't on the list to adjust in the first place.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"silor.5034" said:

> > Truth is the TP really could use a good and proper cleaning, I don't think it has been done once since release and it is certainly due for one.

>

> It's been purged twice (maybe three times) since launch. Some times, things changed after the cleaning, some things were missed, and some things weren't on the list to adjust in the first place.

And some things that shouldnt have been removed got removed(ghastly shield) for example.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"silor.5034" said:

> > > Truth is the TP really could use a good and proper cleaning, I don't think it has been done once since release and it is certainly due for one.

> >

> > It's been purged twice (maybe three times) since launch. Some times, things changed after the cleaning, some things were missed, and some things weren't on the list to adjust in the first place.

>

> And some things that shouldnt have been removed got removed(ghastly shield) for example.

I don't think that got removed in a "purge", did it? I thought it was a different problem entirely.

There are two main tasks in a purge:

* Find all the items with buy offers below the (current) minimum trading value (i.e. > vendor + 15%), remove the offers, and refund the coin.

* Find all the items that can no longer be traded, remove all buy offers, refund the coin. Remove the items and return those to the (former) seller.

The ghastly shield falls into neither case: it didn't have below-vendor+15% buy offers and it can be traded. It just doesn't appear in the TP. That is apparently an entirely different problem because it shows up in the API (and is therefore visible via API-powered sites such as GW2TP).

Incidentally, as of today, it's now visible on the TP. (I suspect that the recent API discombobulation actually helped, because whitelists and blacklists were lost, so as soon as someone posted it for sale again, the API would have picked it up).

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"silor.5034" said:

> > > > Truth is the TP really could use a good and proper cleaning, I don't think it has been done once since release and it is certainly due for one.

> > >

> > > It's been purged twice (maybe three times) since launch. Some times, things changed after the cleaning, some things were missed, and some things weren't on the list to adjust in the first place.

> >

> > And some things that shouldnt have been removed got removed(ghastly shield) for example.

>

> I don't think that got removed in a "purge", did it? I thought it was a different problem entirely.

>

> There are two main tasks in a purge:

> * Find all the items with buy offers below the (current) minimum trading value (i.e. > vendor + 15%), remove the offers, and refund the coin.

> * Find all the items that can no longer be traded, remove all buy offers, refund the coin. Remove the items and return those to the (former) seller.

>

> The ghastly shield falls into neither case: it didn't have below-vendor+15% buy offers and it can be traded. It just doesn't appear in the TP. That is apparently an entirely different problem because it shows up in the API (and is therefore visible via API-powered sites such as GW2TP).

>

> Incidentally, as of today, it's now visible on the TP. (I suspect that the recent API discombobulation actually helped, because whitelists and blacklists were lost, so as soon as someone posted it for sale again, the API would have picked it up).

>

>

Oh! You are 100% correct it is available! Hopefully some more people post theirs!

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"silor.5034" said:

> > > > > Truth is the TP really could use a good and proper cleaning, I don't think it has been done once since release and it is certainly due for one.

> > > >

> > > > It's been purged twice (maybe three times) since launch. Some times, things changed after the cleaning, some things were missed, and some things weren't on the list to adjust in the first place.

> > >

> > > And some things that shouldnt have been removed got removed(ghastly shield) for example.

> >

> > I don't think that got removed in a "purge", did it? I thought it was a different problem entirely.

> >

> > There are two main tasks in a purge:

> > * Find all the items with buy offers below the (current) minimum trading value (i.e. > vendor + 15%), remove the offers, and refund the coin.

> > * Find all the items that can no longer be traded, remove all buy offers, refund the coin. Remove the items and return those to the (former) seller.

> >

> > The ghastly shield falls into neither case: it didn't have below-vendor+15% buy offers and it can be traded. It just doesn't appear in the TP. That is apparently an entirely different problem because it shows up in the API (and is therefore visible via API-powered sites such as GW2TP).

> >

> > Incidentally, as of today, it's now visible on the TP. (I suspect that the recent API discombobulation actually helped, because whitelists and blacklists were lost, so as soon as someone posted it for sale again, the API would have picked it up).

> >

> >

>

> Oh! You are 100% correct it is available!

I only noticed thanks to your mention of the issue.

I was reminding myself as to whether it was the skin consumable or the weapon that was affected. Plus, I thought I might find the exact API property that was causing the item to go missing (in case it wasn't a manual blacklist). To my surprise, both items had a TP price on the wiki! I went to look at gw2tp and found both had a price history!

Turns out, the one that was borked had barely a day worth of data, so it was easy to see which was which.

> Hopefully some more people post theirs!

I suspect that the price won't adjust much, not for a long time anyhow.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"silor.5034" said:

> > > > > > Truth is the TP really could use a good and proper cleaning, I don't think it has been done once since release and it is certainly due for one.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's been purged twice (maybe three times) since launch. Some times, things changed after the cleaning, some things were missed, and some things weren't on the list to adjust in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > And some things that shouldnt have been removed got removed(ghastly shield) for example.

> > >

> > > I don't think that got removed in a "purge", did it? I thought it was a different problem entirely.

> > >

> > > There are two main tasks in a purge:

> > > * Find all the items with buy offers below the (current) minimum trading value (i.e. > vendor + 15%), remove the offers, and refund the coin.

> > > * Find all the items that can no longer be traded, remove all buy offers, refund the coin. Remove the items and return those to the (former) seller.

> > >

> > > The ghastly shield falls into neither case: it didn't have below-vendor+15% buy offers and it can be traded. It just doesn't appear in the TP. That is apparently an entirely different problem because it shows up in the API (and is therefore visible via API-powered sites such as GW2TP).

> > >

> > > Incidentally, as of today, it's now visible on the TP. (I suspect that the recent API discombobulation actually helped, because whitelists and blacklists were lost, so as soon as someone posted it for sale again, the API would have picked it up).

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Oh! You are 100% correct it is available!

>

> I only noticed thanks to your mention of the issue.

> I was reminding myself as to whether it was the skin consumable or the weapon that was affected. Plus, I thought I might find the exact API property that was causing the item to go missing (in case it wasn't a manual blacklist). To my surprise, both items had a TP price on the wiki! I went to look at gw2tp and found both had a price history!

>

> Turns out, the one that was borked had barely a day worth of data, so it was easy to see which was which.

>

> > Hopefully some more people post theirs!

> I suspect that the price won't adjust much, not for a long time anyhow.

I suspect you are correct as well, so ill just keep hoping i get it from the weapon unlocks.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > so ill just keep hoping i get it from the weapon unlocks.

> * drag, drag, drag, drag

> * double click, double click, double click, double click

> * Forge

> → Zommoros rewards you with...

> (less than two greens and a blue)

>

>

Little confused as to your meaning other than i hope its a joke? (Sorry bit tired atm!)

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > so ill just keep hoping i get it from the weapon unlocks.

> > * drag, drag, drag, drag

> > * double click, double click, double click, double click

> > * Forge

> > → Zommoros rewards you with...

> > (less than two greens and a blue)

> >

> >

>

> Little confused as to your meaning other than i hope its a joke? (Sorry bit tired atm!)

The [Ghastly Grinning Shield](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Grinning_Shield) (weapon, not consumable skin) is an extremely rare drop from combining any four weapons in the mystic forge (I don't believe the rarity matters, but I cannot confirm).

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > so ill just keep hoping i get it from the weapon unlocks.

> > > * drag, drag, drag, drag

> > > * double click, double click, double click, double click

> > > * Forge

> > > → Zommoros rewards you with...

> > > (less than two greens and a blue)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Little confused as to your meaning other than i hope its a joke? (Sorry bit tired atm!)

>

> The [Ghastly Grinning Shield](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Grinning_Shield) (weapon, not consumable skin) is an extremely rare drop from combining any four weapons in the mystic forge (I don't believe the rarity matters, but I cannot confirm).

Oho! thank you again!

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > so ill just keep hoping i get it from the weapon unlocks.

> > > > * drag, drag, drag, drag

> > > > * double click, double click, double click, double click

> > > > * Forge

> > > > → Zommoros rewards you with...

> > > > (less than two greens and a blue)

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Little confused as to your meaning other than i hope its a joke? (Sorry bit tired atm!)

> >

> > The [Ghastly Grinning Shield](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Grinning_Shield) (weapon, not consumable skin) is an extremely rare drop from combining any four weapons in the mystic forge (I don't believe the rarity matters, but I cannot confirm).

>

> Oho! thank you again!

I believe the chance you'll get a precursor from four rares (of sufficient level) is higher. (But of course, those who have kept data on this have probably not wanted to publish it for speculative reasons.)