What new Weapon do you want for new E-Spec

InsaneQR.7412

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> 2H Spear, heavy DPS with some CC, 450 range spear throw and a leap with KD.

^This

The Guardian is the closest archetype to Paragon, but since Anet did traps and bow for them with Dragonhunter, why not let rangers have spear for Paragon-like play. I was thinking it should be a hybrid weapon, where the first 3 skills are ranged skills and the last 2 are melee/defense, and an F ability could be a party buff of some sort.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> Though I didn’t like the idea of Hammer at all for ranger. I always really loved the echovald forest, cantha in general, and the Echovald Wardens also. The idea you suggest makes me come around and I do see Hammer as something I might like now, in the way you suggest.

>

>

I was of the same opinion, I really didn't dig the idea of a hammer until I saw that art of the Wardens from Cantha and I suddenly wanted to be an angry tree woman. :p

I know we just got MH dagger, but I really think we could use more mainhand weapons. I've always found sword and axe lackluster. Two dodges on a heavy dps weapon? Ranged direct damage auto with spread condi damage that requires you to be melee? I think pistol would be cool but very unlikely, mace or scepter has my vote (though they might think scepter is too similar to staff).

Either hammer or shield. For hammer I could see the warden being the basic design, with the whole focus being basically the resurgence of the bunny thumper from guild wars 1 and that being the basic feel of it. Perhaps make it have some nature magic in a "Combat druid" like feel, the polar opposite of what the druid is currently with it being focused around bashing the living shit out of people.

The Shield would be called "Beastmaster" or perhaps "Alpha", with the whole point being you have two pets of a more powerful nature which fight alongside you. They follow your lead and fight as a single unit; The Idea is based around becoming a single unit and having a pack of your own. Your strength comes from numbers and being a "Tank" of sorts as your pets do the majority of the damage, your the one drawing the attention and they are the ones attacking as you support your allies.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted for hammer a while ago since nostalgia + I wanted a better melee/cc option (especially for WvW) but after the buffs to GS and thinking about it, I don't want hammer. While GS SB is not ideal for WvW frontline, I'm not sure ranger will get an elite spec after SB that can be better suited for frontline WvW because I doubt ranger will get another "petless" elite spec that has the potential to do so. Instead, I would rather have stance share have 75-100% duration to allies and unflinching fortitude be aoe (at 50% duration if necessary) so that SB could better frontline support.

Too late to change my vote on the poll but I would go for scepter. LB, mh axe and SB are ranged but I'd still want another ranged weapon. Something inspired from guardian scepter or ele staff: 900-1200 range pulsing aoe damage. Power DPS wells for utilities. Lighting storm/earthquake themed. Something to rival raid DH or weaver in the power DPS or wvw backline damage that a single target projectile weapon doesn't accomplish.

> @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> I would prefer scepter for a ranged power based nature magic caster. Something along the lines of summoning vines and plants to cc and attack the enemy. Just no summoning or channeling animal spirits, I feel like we've got that covered well enough already.

This, exactly this.

I picked off hand sword. I would love to see it add some of the utility of the greatsword to main hand sword. Forward leap attack, block/hilt bash stun abilities or a moving whirling defence type skill. Put this with a trait line that could give you the option of dropping wilderness survival for condi cleanse? Add some offensive utilities with stun breaks. I would seriously love something to compliment Marksman and Beast Mastery traitlines.

• 2 months later...

> @"Issildia.1289" said:

> Someone Mentioned the name Warden, it reminded me of the Wardens from Factions. They became very vengeful creatures after the Echovald forest was petrified by Shiro.

>

> **From the original wiki**

> _"The mysterious and ancient Wardens guard the areas of Cantha hit hardest by Shiro’s legacy. Protectors of the Echovald that was, they now guard the petrified forest it has become. They may once have been human, perhaps powerful druids or holy men, but they long ago merged with the spirit they served to become something altogether different."_

>

>

> Perhaps a Warden could be in the same vein, but opposite to the druid, using the darker aspects of nature magic with a melee weapon, vs using a staff to heal. Even the lore agrees with this concept. I initially voted for a rifle, but I think a hammer would be suitable for this spec. This would be the polar opposite to the tranquility of the druid. This class might have something like a Rage mechanic that builds up as they fight. Then they can transform into a wrathful and violent warden, attacking with thorns and strangling vines. Perhaps focusing on AOE conditions and aggressive hammer strikes.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/7J1IZCd.jpg "")

>

Now I regret picking the rifle cuz I like this WAY better! Can I change my vote?

I forgot to put it in the other thread, but for the beast master would choose:

Spear

The idea is to have a double slot weapon which can be used as mainhand if an offhand weapon is equipped. The weapon has 2 sigil slots when paired with an offhand only provides the set of skills from the former. The weapon is power plus hard CC, melee weapon although skills behave as projectile finishers.

Spear skills -

1 - single target , range 600. line melee attack, Pierces 3 targets. 20% projectile finisher.

2 - short CD, channelling allows reduced movement skill damage up 3 foes in a cone, range 600, animation could be based in Bladestorm. Unblockable.

3 - short rooted channelling , moderate CD, 1500 range attack as projectile , it causes an effect similar to Charged Shot from Mordrem Guard Sniper. Pierces 10 targets, high damage. very small Knock back on target for interruption. 100% projectile finisher. Could use charges to balance uses\Cd.

4 - similar to Dart with knockback to the sides all foes hit on the way. Dont use target but a direction marker like vine surge or a ground target like ancestral wisp. leap finisher.

5 - Channeled skill 2 secs similar to swirling strike with knockdown for 2 secs. allows normal movement. Whirl finisher

The idea of this weapon is to be able to support the summoned beasts with hard CCs and power damage.