Item related: Cannot be ...

I guess so you can't turn things like Karma into Gold as easily.

Given how easy it is to farm out Karma, with Karmic Retribution lvl 3 in a LW zone, allowing items like these to be salvaged/sold/dumped into the mystic toilet could have adverse effects on the economy.

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> I guess so you can't turn things like Karma into Gold as easily.

>

> Given how easy it is to farm out Karma, with Karmic Retribution lvl 3 in a LW zone, allowing items like these to be salvaged/sold/dumped into the mystic toilet could have adverse effects on the economy.

Can the necessary map currency, here 50 shards of jade, be farmed just as easily? Not quite sure if that pays off and should be a reason for it - right?

> @"Metzie.3451" said:

> > @"Taril.8619" said:

> > I guess so you can't turn things like Karma into Gold as easily.

> >

> > Given how easy it is to farm out Karma, with Karmic Retribution lvl 3 in a LW zone, allowing items like these to be salvaged/sold/dumped into the mystic toilet could have adverse effects on the economy.

>

> Can the necessary map currency, here 50 shards of jade, be farmed just as easily? Not quite sure if that pays off and should be a reason for it - right?

Yes it can. Especially if taking advantage of the Bjora Marches currency conversion.

It's not quite as infinitely scaling as karma... But you can also farm several maps currencies and use karma to purchase items from multiple maps with their specific currencies (Though, I'm aware that not all maps have Exotics you can purchase from vendors like Lake Doric. Though it's easier for ANet to just make all karma bought stuff to be this way and not have to worry about people buying stuff from multiple maps)

It kind of sucks, but I get the rational behind it, trying to prevent any sort of economic exploits especially if they feel like adding in ways to help people buy things they legitimately want from these vendors (Such as the Bjora Marches conversion, which many people use to help get currencies for the Skyscale)