No Downstate

diomache.9246

So for this no downstate week I have seen fewer thieves of any sort, and roughly the same amount of rangers of any sort, however so far I've seen more holos, necros and warriors.

Also I've noticed a lot more groups roaming as opposed to smaller scale roaming which could show who relies on skill and who relies on help.

Heck I took out a 3 man group who was entering our tower using a DPS Druid....a class/build that's subpar and inferior.

Sure when there is nothing but groups and zergs roaming ill hop on my "safety character" which is a special DE, however to survive the attempts of being steamrolled its almost a must....however any decent player knows to have a backup in case things aren't favorable.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I've always been for downstate to be removed from the game entirely. It won't happen though as it'd alienate Anet's core demographic of players.

Downstate never benefits me in WvW. All it does is help zerging players who are outnumbering. I love being able to kill twice my numbers now because of no downed state. IMO no downed state should be perma in WvW, it has no place in this mode.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Two classes suffer out of this (and ‘suffer’ is used with extreme literary license) Necro and Ele.

>

> Necro being the ‘downstate King’ while, as pointed out before, Ele has mist form to get to safety.

>

> Either work well as part of a party designed to assist.

>

> It’s.., ONE week. And has happened a total of three times in the past 7 + years (iirc). Play a different class if you can’t function on your Ele.

>

> Asking for it to be in the other game modes makes zero sense.

>

> Those that want to experience it, can do so in WvW.

>

> If you dislike it so much, maybe this week isn’t for you.

>

> I dislike most of the festivals... Kinda glad they don’t force them on me in WvW.

Warrior in large scale fights too. You get out of combat too early without downed state players around you and you can't upkeep your adrenaline/spam burst skills

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > Well, I'm glad I don't get to go through the embarrassment of the engineer's downstate if I get downed.

>

> lol. Engi DS ability, here let me pull you to me so that you can spike me all the faster. WTW! lol SMH!

Actually it's very useful to remove the Defiance Ba-ohwait.