Next Balance Patch: Skills Vs State of Downstate

TheGrimm.5624

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > Now that we are out of another No Downstate event wanted to see where people left the week at. Should the next balance patch be about under and over performing skills that most people would define as a standard balance update, or one where downstate is addressed. For this poll by addressed the question is are skills (outside of downstate) currently better balanced than the state of downstate in its mechanics and skills. Does the forum see one more imbalanced than the other currently? For this poll let's assume balance teams and alliances are separate resources, hence there is no other included. Please include removal votes under the downstate adjusted group. Thanks for your time. Good gaming!

> > > >

> > > > These kind of posts are just so ignorant.

> > > > At launch and for a large span of the game's life, downstate worked fine. It wasn't until the insta rezz builds came to prominence that we started getting these polls.

> > > > What does that tell you?

> > >

> > > That the game has always favored zergs and its been wrong since launch.

> >

> > Again, not true. Roamers such as myself have always been able to fill in a niche role, roaming in groups of 5+ is another new trend... obviously promoted by recent balance patches. So NO, Zerging was definitely not ALWAYS the way. We used to havoc and party roam, the difference being everyone and their mother knew what size party does what, at their respective timezone.

> > Nowadays you have people rolling with 10 people going for SMC. Sorry guys, the 12 guys randomly capping a vista for their exploration crusade will hop in on defending with the 2-3 scouts. What would the outcome be?

>

> I don't understand your used to part. We roamed and havoc'd before and still do. There is still places it for it. This is about the fact that numbers always defined it and still do. Armor sets aren't even the issue. Its that just numbers matter. And if we are that far along in the balancing I would question is the time better spent addressing the numbers game more than the skills balance. We have glaring issues of numbers, do we have glaring issues with builds? Where is the issue where one build dominates all others?

Numbers as always only ever defined the masses.

> @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> Numbers as always only ever defined the masses.

And the side that brings more should have an advantage in firepower since, they succeeded to bring more and should be rewarded for that. The question I wonder is should that advantage be further expanded to downstate?

So take an example of a change proposed.

So currently the side with more can revive with more even though that downed was dropped by less after having an advantage to attack with more. Granted, I am biased here and assume its easier to run in numbers than to run in havocs or roam. So the side with more will, given no difference in armor, builds and other unpredictable variances, have more potential to do, which could include getting downed up and/or be able to revive fully defeated. Does a numbers advantage here make sense? This is the part that I question. Larger numbers should play a role in the start of the fight, but should it play a role in the second part of the fight (downed converted to defeated), or third on who has to respawn (defeated revived to normal)?

I question stages 2 and 3 of the fight and whether its number of players or tactics and skillful play that should matter more.

> @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > > Now that we are out of another No Downstate event wanted to see where people left the week at. Should the next balance patch be about under and over performing skills that most people would define as a standard balance update, or one where downstate is addressed. For this poll by addressed the question is are skills (outside of downstate) currently better balanced than the state of downstate in its mechanics and skills. Does the forum see one more imbalanced than the other currently? For this poll let's assume balance teams and alliances are separate resources, hence there is no other included. Please include removal votes under the downstate adjusted group. Thanks for your time. Good gaming!

> > > > >

> > > > > These kind of posts are just so ignorant.

> > > > > At launch and for a large span of the game's life, downstate worked fine. It wasn't until the insta rezz builds came to prominence that we started getting these polls.

> > > > > What does that tell you?

> > > >

> > > > That the game has always favored zergs and its been wrong since launch.

> > >

> > > Again, not true. Roamers such as myself have always been able to fill in a niche role, roaming in groups of 5+ is another new trend... obviously promoted by recent balance patches. So NO, Zerging was definitely not ALWAYS the way. We used to havoc and party roam, the difference being everyone and their mother knew what size party does what, at their respective timezone.

> > > Nowadays you have people rolling with 10 people going for SMC. Sorry guys, the 12 guys randomly capping a vista for their exploration crusade will hop in on defending with the 2-3 scouts. What would the outcome be?

> >

> > I don't understand your used to part. We roamed and havoc'd before and still do. There is still places it for it. This is about the fact that numbers always defined it and still do. Armor sets aren't even the issue. Its that just numbers matter. And if we are that far along in the balancing I would question is the time better spent addressing the numbers game more than the skills balance. We have glaring issues of numbers, do we have glaring issues with builds? Where is the issue where one build dominates all others?

>

> Numbers as always only ever defined the masses.

So 49 can never ever beat 50?

Hm maybe that's why commanders always whine when the squad isnt full.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > > > Now that we are out of another No Downstate event wanted to see where people left the week at. Should the next balance patch be about under and over performing skills that most people would define as a standard balance update, or one where downstate is addressed. For this poll by addressed the question is are skills (outside of downstate) currently better balanced than the state of downstate in its mechanics and skills. Does the forum see one more imbalanced than the other currently? For this poll let's assume balance teams and alliances are separate resources, hence there is no other included. Please include removal votes under the downstate adjusted group. Thanks for your time. Good gaming!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > These kind of posts are just so ignorant.

> > > > > > At launch and for a large span of the game's life, downstate worked fine. It wasn't until the insta rezz builds came to prominence that we started getting these polls.

> > > > > > What does that tell you?

> > > > >

> > > > > That the game has always favored zergs and its been wrong since launch.

> > > >

> > > > Again, not true. Roamers such as myself have always been able to fill in a niche role, roaming in groups of 5+ is another new trend... obviously promoted by recent balance patches. So NO, Zerging was definitely not ALWAYS the way. We used to havoc and party roam, the difference being everyone and their mother knew what size party does what, at their respective timezone.

> > > > Nowadays you have people rolling with 10 people going for SMC. Sorry guys, the 12 guys randomly capping a vista for their exploration crusade will hop in on defending with the 2-3 scouts. What would the outcome be?

> > >

> > > I don't understand your used to part. We roamed and havoc'd before and still do. There is still places it for it. This is about the fact that numbers always defined it and still do. Armor sets aren't even the issue. Its that just numbers matter. And if we are that far along in the balancing I would question is the time better spent addressing the numbers game more than the skills balance. We have glaring issues of numbers, do we have glaring issues with builds? Where is the issue where one build dominates all others?

> >

> > Numbers as always only ever defined the masses.

> So 49 can never ever beat 50?

>

> Hm maybe that's why commanders always whine when the squad isnt full.

I think you missed my point. I invite you to take another look and add a lot of sarcasm.

> @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > > > @"MidJuly.1839" said:

> > > > > > > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > > > > > Now that we are out of another No Downstate event wanted to see where people left the week at. Should the next balance patch be about under and over performing skills that most people would define as a standard balance update, or one where downstate is addressed. For this poll by addressed the question is are skills (outside of downstate) currently better balanced than the state of downstate in its mechanics and skills. Does the forum see one more imbalanced than the other currently? For this poll let's assume balance teams and alliances are separate resources, hence there is no other included. Please include removal votes under the downstate adjusted group. Thanks for your time. Good gaming!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > These kind of posts are just so ignorant.

> > > > > > > At launch and for a large span of the game's life, downstate worked fine. It wasn't until the insta rezz builds came to prominence that we started getting these polls.

> > > > > > > What does that tell you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That the game has always favored zergs and its been wrong since launch.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, not true. Roamers such as myself have always been able to fill in a niche role, roaming in groups of 5+ is another new trend... obviously promoted by recent balance patches. So NO, Zerging was definitely not ALWAYS the way. We used to havoc and party roam, the difference being everyone and their mother knew what size party does what, at their respective timezone.

> > > > > Nowadays you have people rolling with 10 people going for SMC. Sorry guys, the 12 guys randomly capping a vista for their exploration crusade will hop in on defending with the 2-3 scouts. What would the outcome be?

> > > >

> > > > I don't understand your used to part. We roamed and havoc'd before and still do. There is still places it for it. This is about the fact that numbers always defined it and still do. Armor sets aren't even the issue. Its that just numbers matter. And if we are that far along in the balancing I would question is the time better spent addressing the numbers game more than the skills balance. We have glaring issues of numbers, do we have glaring issues with builds? Where is the issue where one build dominates all others?

> > >

> > > Numbers as always only ever defined the masses.

> > So 49 can never ever beat 50?

> >

> > Hm maybe that's why commanders always whine when the squad isnt full.

>

> I think you missed my point. I invite you to take another look and add a lot of sarcasm.

I'm not sure I can except that numbers definetly arent an accurate measure of mass as scouts will happily call out 10 enemies on a keep that has double orange swords.