Salvage material

> @"Dutchdevil.6902" said:

> Hi,

>

> Is it better to get the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic then the copper one? I see you have more chance to get rare stuff. What do you guys advise?

>

> And do I first open unidentified gear or salvage right away? What does make more money?

>

> Regards

Do you mean you want to get the silver first, then the copper one. Or are you asking if silver is better THAN the copper one? :) /jk

The Copper one costs less per salvage of course. I looked at it and thought the terrible rng to get better items would not be offset by the increased cost to salvage.

> @"Dutchdevil.6902" said:

> Hi,

>

> Is it better to get the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic then the copper one? I see you have more chance to get rare stuff. What do you guys advise?

>

> And do I first open unidentified gear or salvage right away? What does make more money?

>

> Regards

Get both, Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic is the permanent version of basic salvage kit and its cost adds up over time with 3 copper for each item you salvage. Silver-Fed Salvage-o.Matic is the Master's Salvage kit version and cost 60 copper for each use. The big difference would be Runecrafter's as with that you can get runes or sigils from salvage (the other will give you your their base material from runes or sigils). Like everything else it depends on if you are crafting your own sigils or runes as then the base materials to craft those can be collected from either Copper or Silver version or if you only want to keep runes or sigils from salvage items (Runecrafter's will not salvage runes or sigils automatic when it salvage an item).

I have put Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic in a Shared inventory slot as it is best way to access this item independent on which character you are playing and this way I can now make fast room for more items when you items that can be salvage (not only green or blue, but also those items that are only for salvage). You need to have money (Gold) to use this, so it is important you don't use up all your Gold. If you have a lot of items to salvage (like unIDs) then it will take some time and also need enough Gold so it will not stop until everything have been salvaged.

Use bags that can hold mats like craftbag and you don't have to search for where those items go and when you have enough large stack of mats then use Dispose into Material Storage from right side corner on inventory to move those items into MS. The rest that do not fit because the limit of stack (250 items is one stack; can be increased with Gem Store item Storage Expander in steps of 250 for Material Storage) can be sold on TP, if it is mats that are hard to collect or need to go into Bank. Remember that when you craft, that it will first search inventory, material storage and bank for mats when you craft. Items placed in bags that are hidden (Invisible, Safe and so on) will not be seen when you try to craft something that need that material. Same when you salvage that those special bags items need to move to another bag that isn't protected or hide items from being seen on NPC vendors sell window.

My advice would be get first copper as that is the cheapest way to salvage in everyday usage (or when you are low on Gold) to make space in inventory. Second get Silver for Rare and Exotic items to get better chance of higher lever mats like Ectos. Runecrafter's isn't worth it for my own usage as I rather use Black Lion Salvage Kit to get 100% chance of upgrades (incl runes or Sigils). [From Notes below you can also see that even with Runecrafter's those upgrades will be turned into their material components to craft those items and not kept intact as in BLSK.] When it is necessary to keep both item and its upgrade you also have Upgrade extractor that can be bought in Gem Store. For Ascended items I suggest to look up wiki, but there is items that can be used to remove an upgrade.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Salvage_Kit

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Runecrafter%27s_Salvage-o-Matic

From Notes to Runecrafter's:

* 100% chance to salvage runes and sigils slotted in equipment (This kit returns Lucent Motes instead of the slotted rune or sigil). Other upgrade components which cannot be salvaged (such as gemstones and other universal upgrades) are recovered.

* 20% chance to obtain Glob of Ectoplasm and Glob of Dark Matter from salvaging rare and exotic equipment.