Pvp Armor Visual Effects.

Zalarious.9168

Should ascended pvp armor have a visual effect? I noticed the wvw ascended chest piece has light effects coming out the back of the chest piece. Not to mention the pve legendary armor which has a full armor effect. I just feel like the pvp armor should have something added even if its minor, just to show some form of a pvp achievement.

> @Fara.9835 said:

> First of all , if you're a true pvp player you should know we don't play for visual effects , you should be thanksfull we can have a legendary armor in pvp ( which is , in my opinion , a very VERY bad idea )

? what, visual effect is what pvp player can only play for.......

> @Fara.9835 said:

> First of all , if you're a true pvp player you should know we don't play for visual effects , you should be thanksfull we can have a legendary armor in pvp ( which is , in my opinion , a very VERY bad idea )

I mainly do pvp, however, requesting a visual is a simple request. Even if we didn't have legendary armor, I still would like some kind of visual just to say look what I've accomplished. World versus World is basically a player versus player community just on a larger scale and they have a simple visual on their chest piece.

> @Fara.9835 said:

This arguement holds no ground. All pvp games got skins tied to progression and ppl want to look good. If you are a true pvper you wouldnt be playing gw2 for that current experience..

• 2 months later...

> @"Zalarious.9168" said:

> Should ascended pvp armor have a visual effect? I noticed the wvw ascended chest piece has light effects coming out the back of the chest piece. Not to mention the pve legendary armor which has a full armor effect. I just feel like the pvp armor should have something added even if its minor, just to show some form of a pvp achievement.

In my opinion, yes. I agree that it doesn't have to be something big. I actually got a really good idea... I was thinking that since PVP is (or at least used to be) all about "glory", why not add a simple glow effect using the "glory dye" color? could be cool.

I understand however that getting to level 2000 in WVW is no joke... In fact, its much harder than getting the PvP legendary armor and takes even more determination than the PvE set, but I still feel that people should know I accomplished something in PvP... At least we still have the best back-piece ;).

Another cool idea could be to add a similar blue fiery effect (on the Legendary PvP back-piece) onto the PvP ascended armor skin?

> @"Enedark.1586" said:

> > @"Zalarious.9168" said:

> > Should ascended pvp armor have a visual effect? I noticed the wvw ascended chest piece has light effects coming out the back of the chest piece. Not to mention the pve legendary armor which has a full armor effect. I just feel like the pvp armor should have something added even if its minor, just to show some form of a pvp achievement.

>

> In my opinion, yes. I agree that it doesn't have to be something big. I actually got a really good idea... I was thinking that since PVP is (or at least used to be) all about "glory", why not add a simple glow effect using the "glory dye" color? could be cool.

>

> I understand however that getting to level 2000 in WVW is no joke... In fact, its much harder than getting the PvP legendary armor and takes even more determination than the PvE set, but I still feel that people should know I accomplished something in PvP... At least we still have the best back-piece ;).

>

> Another cool idea could be to add a similar blue fiery effect (on the Legendary PvP back-piece) onto the PvP ascended armor skin?

That's what titles and little icons beside your name tag should be for.

Locking gear behind game modes is A, frustrating for those that can't or don't want to play certain game modes . B, frustrating for the ppl that already play the game mode, since there are now hordes of semi afk players that don't enjoy the game mode, that are only there to get the rewards with as less effort as possible, that are inexperienced or unwilling to listen/learn and make things worse for the team. C, it's very expensive in resources/time for the developers to create different assets for every different game mode, which leads to D, not every game mode is played by an equal amount of ppl, which means devs tend to neglect certain game modes in regards to unique rewards.

Make all gear/skins available in all game modes. Doesn't mean you should be able to aquire the current PvP skins equally as fast in open world PvE or raid skins equally as fast in PvP or WvW. There could be a "preferred" game mode for skins to acquire them but giving ppl the opportunity to do it in any mode will make almost everyone much happier in the end .