Scrounge "In Shroud" time.

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Although I am a dedicated necromancer and have seemingly settled into scrounge as a main, I have trouble determining when I am in shroud. I seldom use Sand Shades preferring to use a melee point blank aoe style. In reaper and base necro it's easy to see when you in shroud, but not scrounge. I can be pretty unaware at times, what am I missing?

> @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> Ok, but how do you tell when you are in shroud and when it ends?

In my case I don't have to know

I start my rotation only when I have one shade placed on the target

Than I started the rotation with f5

It's automatic rotation no need to know if you are in shroud or not because you will press f5 whenever it's ready

> @"silent killer.5732" said:

> > @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> > Ok, but how do you tell when you are in shroud and when it ends?

>

> In my case I don't have to know

> I start my rotation only when I have one shade placed on the target

> Than I started the rotation with f5

> It's automatic rotation no need to know if you are in shroud or not because you will press f5 whenever it's ready

I always thought that once you place a shade you are in shroud as long as the shade stays up, but I seldom use shades just the skills. That being the case do I never go into shroud or am I in shroud till the LF is gone? Like I said it's easy to see with Reaper and based Necro but not so with Scrounge.

> @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> > @"silent killer.5732" said:

> > > @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> > > Ok, but how do you tell when you are in shroud and when it ends?

> >

> > In my case I don't have to know

> > I start my rotation only when I have one shade placed on the target

> > Than I started the rotation with f5

> > It's automatic rotation no need to know if you are in shroud or not because you will press f5 whenever it's ready

>

> I always thought that once you place a shade you are in shroud as long as the shade stays up, but I seldom use shades just the skills. That being the case do I never go into shroud or am I in shroud till the LF is gone? Like I said it's easy to see with Reaper and based Necro but not so with Scrounge.

Shroud only activated once you press f5 if you play as scourge

When you enter desert shroud, you gain a shroud-like appearance (you turn black), same as core and reaper (but w/o the screen effect). You also have a small funky-looking sand vortex at your feet. Unsurprisingly, ‘shroud’ ends when this animation ends.

**When does it end?**

(normal) Desert shroud: ends on the last torment pulse. There are 7 pulses; this means that shroud lasts for only ~6-7s.

Harbinger shroud: ends when the aoe fills up and the ‘explosion’ occurs. Basically ~3s of ‘shroud time’.

This only applies for *in shroud* traits/effects, *shroud skill x* ones still function outside of desert shroud as your F+{insert x here} skills.

Scourge is a mess when it comes to its relation to the core traits:

- Entering shroud traits: trigger when you press F5 (e.g. eternal life)

- During shroud traits: work during the 6 seconds when desert shroud (F5) is up (e.g. shrouded removal)

- Leaving shroud traits: trigger when the 6 seconds of desert shroud (F5) end (e.g. unholy martyr)

- Shroud skill 1 traits: trigger when you place a shade (F1) and each time you use an F-skill (e.g. dhuumfire)

- Shroud skill 2 traits: trigger on F2 (e.g. path of corruption)

- Shroud skill 4 traits: trigger on F4 (e.g. transfusion)

(Shroud skill 3 and 5 traits don't exist yet)