Old Ele design = Firebrand

Qori.9671

I just unlocked firebrand and it totally seems like they took the old design for Ele and used it on FB. Ele originally had mana resource the same was as FB has pages. Might have been cool to camp an attunement and cast big effect skills multiple times with a longer CD on the attunement rather than dip into each element pop a couple abilities and swap out. I wonder if they could do something similar for an elite spec. Maybe the weapon skills themselves are not elemental based , just typical non-magic. But when you pop one of the F1-4's you can imbue the weapon with those properties and change the effects of the skills , like bow for instance , just shoot normal arrows , when you swap to fire = burning arrows , water chilling arrows , etc. But the wepons abilities are basically the same with little variations and all the skills are one CD . Each of the F1-4's would have their own mana costing abilities. So you can swap to an element and open that elements book and the first skill only attunes the weapon to that element , you can close your spellbook and use that weapon as fire for instance or you can leave the book open and use the other 4 abilities that are for that element but those cost mana. When you leave that element it has a long CD same as FB books , and the Elite could just recharge your mana and attunments. I think that would be a fun spec , might be stepping on FBs toes now , but it would be different that it would keep the same themes Ele's attunements already have and the weapon would still be no weapon swap ( the F1-4 abilites should include things to cover the range differences. If the weapon is melee the F1-4s should have ranged options . Think it would be fun ? Could have a proper spell caster feel to it if done properly.