Disconnects, ruining the game.

Hey guys, I keep getting intermittent disconnects and the most frustrating thing is they mostly happen during quests! Sometimes right before I finish! Making me have to do quests several times, I'm about to try for the third time to get through Victory or Death. The message I get is as below:

"The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7.11.3.202.101)"

Hoping I can get some advice to help with this, I'm on an Alienware Aurora R7 W10 gaming PC with 200mbps Ethernet cabled internet, I've made sure that the game is an exception/allowed app on the firewall settings, not sure what else to do! I have norton but I can't find any setting on that blocking anything.

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> sucks for you

>

> what you can do is constantly pressing 1. i heard from qite alot of players who have this dc's in instanced content that it allways happen wgen they are "idle" if they are attacking it doesn't happen

>

> so it's worth a try

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it's not happening when Idle :-/

I've just got disconnected 2 times in the same place/scenario, did restart the game between didsconnectes, but after getting all three cores and going back to the little camp in Victory or Death it's disconnected me there twice, before that it disconnected me after I disconnected the Mouth. Very frustrating. Just checked more in depth on my Norton settings also and Guild Wars 2 is set to allow through so not sure what else I can do :-/

> @"Felix.9681" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > sucks for you

> >

> > what you can do is constantly pressing 1. i heard from qite alot of players who have this dc's in instanced content that it allways happen wgen they are "idle" if they are attacking it doesn't happen

> >

> > so it's worth a try

>

> Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it's not happening when Idle :-/

> I've just got disconnected 2 times in the same place/scenario, did restart the game between didsconnectes, but after getting all three cores and going back to the little camp in Victory or Death it's disconnected me there twice, before that it disconnected me after I disconnected the Mouth. Very frustrating. Just checked more in depth on my Norton settings also and Guild Wars 2 is set to allow through so not sure what else I can do :-/

@"Felix.9681" It is not your Norton. I use it as well. I played before and after the patch came live and had no issues whatsoever with dc's. After I had logged off, I started to read reports of server crashes in all maps in game caused by text and item links that make whole maps crash and traits and items that make you crash as well. And ofcourse trolls will use these things to check if it really does (and same for players who don't believe it and try and thereby crash a whole map). I just logged in to Malchors Leap (tree harvest spot, and with the 3 players around there nobody seemed to crash (I logged with warrior and guardian.. Did kill a mob but I didn't touch items or traits). EU server, Underworld (altho theres a megaserver). Keep in mind its 0.50 AM on a work day where I am atm so most people went sleep here (incl trolls). If there were more players online it would have been very possible I have seen that dc as well.

So what I advice you to do is leave all your current settings untouched and wait for Anet to fix the items that crash the servers. I am almost certain you will have no issue with your story once those bugs, introduced with the latest patch, are fixed.

I'm getting them now too, along with the guild I am in. We crashed in Timberline, after Teq reset. We now all crashed in the daily strike mission.

Now crashed a second time in the strike mission, just after the green breakbar skill came up. But I managed to use it the first time, so don't know if this crash is related to that.

This has been going on since the patch this morning, and seems to be getting more frequent and more common with everyone as the day progresses. Would be great to hear from A-Net that they know it's going on and are working toward a solution! Can't even complete daily farming due to dc and then a reset of the quest.

Since my last post, approximately 6 mins ago, I have been at 90% completion of daily only to dc and reset counter 4 times. This is way more than every 15 mins. Mass people dropping from the sky repeatedly in any Orr map right now. Done trying to play for today at least. Really bad since we wanted to play for the new tokens. Oh well.

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > @"Felix.9681" said:

> > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > sucks for you

> > >

> > > what you can do is constantly pressing 1. i heard from qite alot of players who have this dc's in instanced content that it allways happen wgen they are "idle" if they are attacking it doesn't happen

> > >

> > > so it's worth a try

> >

> > Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it's not happening when Idle :-/

> > I've just got disconnected 2 times in the same place/scenario, did restart the game between didsconnectes, but after getting all three cores and going back to the little camp in Victory or Death it's disconnected me there twice, before that it disconnected me after I disconnected the Mouth. Very frustrating. Just checked more in depth on my Norton settings also and Guild Wars 2 is set to allow through so not sure what else I can do :-/

>

> @"Felix.9681" It is not your Norton. I use it as well. I played before and after the patch came live and had no issues whatsoever with dc's. After I had logged off, I started to read reports of server crashes in all maps in game caused by text and item links that make whole maps crash and traits and items that make you crash as well. And ofcourse trolls will use these things to check if it really does (and same for players who don't believe it and try and thereby crash a whole map). I just logged in to Malchors Leap (tree harvest spot, and with the 3 players around there nobody seemed to crash (I logged with warrior and guardian.. Did kill a mob but I didn't touch items or traits). EU server, Underworld (altho theres a megaserver). Keep in mind its 0.50 AM on a work day where I am atm so most people went sleep here (incl trolls). If there were more players online it would have been very possible I have seen that dc as well.

>

> So what I advice you to do is leave all your current settings untouched and wait for Anet to fix the items that crash the servers. I am almost certain you will have no issue with your story once those bugs, introduced with the latest patch, are fixed.

Thanks for the advice and information :) Seeing all the response is heartening as it lets us know it's not just us it's happening to haha.

Seeing they had a patch to fix and a fast read over other posts the issue seems fixed. For the ones that had issues in mining locations, a gathering glyph or 2 was one of the reasons a whole map would crash when someone used it. There were more things that either caused individual crashes or mapwide ones (as in you use something and with that crash whole map) but well I don't wanna risk a forum ban when telling all that would crash things. Can be found on reddit tho.