Getting to raids as chrono tank

Banankungen.2130

Hiho y'all!

I have been playing gw2 on and off since LS1 and have been maining alot of different characters, recently I have had a hard time choosing a main, mostly because I really want to main Chrono but I seem to die to everything in pve.. Then I realized we have an awesome forum community!

Before gw2 came out I played alot of wow and was the main tank in our hardcore raiding guild, I have always liked the idea of tanking when in raids and that's why I want to enjoy and learn to play Chrono. (Along with everything else I love about Mesmers ofc). Now here comes my question. What do I need to get into raids as a Chrono?

I understand 100% boon duration and 1400 toughness is the first things I should work towards, but how do I accomplish this? Atm I have full berserker gear, with ascended weapons and trinkets, but I guess I should change these to commander? What runes and sigils should I use on everything? What build is preferred and why (qtfy has 4 different builds for power Chrono)? I would love to get help with the direction I should be taking, because I'm really lost. I don't have infinite gold so a cheaper starter version would be lovely but also the end game build I should be working towards. I hope you guys can help me with my questions because I really want to main Chrono!

And as a last question, what build should I run when I'm in open world, fractals, hot meta's and such? I guess it's not the same as the raid tank build? Because atm my dps is nowhere to be seen compared to all other classes and my survivability is the worst I have ever had haha! Please help me <3