Game suggestions for bug and lower spec PCs

Occasionally I log into the game on my older system with my alt account. I've noticed the mount bug where the character sits on the ground rather than mounting is still an issue. I know that using a non-default skin fixes the issue but with new players that might be an issue which would reflect bad on the game. Where this would happen on slower PCs; faster ones will sometimes show the default skin before switching to the currently selected (non-default) mount skin. I've wondered if this is related to the default skin having a single color channel. A fix might be to create a skin based on the default skin but with 4 color channels. Add that skin to all accounts in place of the new default one, keeping the single color channel skins but hide them from the player's selection. This would make sure that all players are on a skin that won't cause the sit on the ground bug but that the single channel skin is still there for the low resource fall back.

Another option for lower spec PCs could be an option to hide the player while mounted. I'm not sure how many resources the game uses to keep track of the player and mount as a single unit but it seems to me like it would reduce the resource usage if the game only had to keep track of the mount. Exceptions would need to added for non-mount items like chairs that use the mount system. If this were done I'd like to see a version of the mount skins added that doesn't have saddles so that it looks like the player just transformed into the mount when the option to not show player was enabled.