[Suggestion] Revert warrior's war horn nerf

Hitman.5829

When was the last time you saw a warrior with a war horn?

The last time I used a war horn was....(I seriously don't remember, but it was when it got nerfed, a long, long time ago) I even had to delete an ascended war horn because it was ocupying space in my account. That nerf completely destroyed war horn.

Even when the war horn was decent at that time, you saw very few warrior with war horns.

So, now that you, Anet, have seen the damage that you have done to this weapon, why not revert it to the previous state it was to make it decently viable again?

The whole nerf to tactics trait line (which also included nerf to WH) was one of the most unjustified nerfs warrior received - and there's a nice number of such unjustified nerfs in the warrior department.

Yeah, WH nerf should be undone and there should be some considerable buff to warrior shouts and tactics line as a whole...

> @samo.1054 said:

> The whole nerf to tactics trait line (which also included nerf to WH) was one of the most unjustified nerfs warrior received - and there's a nice number of such unjustified nerfs in the warrior department.

>

> Yeah, WH nerf should be undone and there should be some considerable buff to warrior shouts and tactics line as a whole...

tactics nerfs were absolute BS. something really needs to be done about that line. its awful for pvp

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @Malicious.3716 said:

> > I used to use warhorn for swiftness in open world PvE but with the introduction of mounts, that's a thing of the past.

>

> Exactly! With mounts, now warhorn or any other skill or traits whose sole purpose is to give swiftness are a useless in PvE.

I say we scrap those skills/traits. Let's come up with creative alternative skills/traits that may create viable builds.

As Choppy said I'm not sure even reverting it back to it's original state would help it. Which was affecting 10 people around us (having trouble finding this on any changes listed on wiki, but I'm pretty sure it used to affect 10 allies) and when traited it CONVERTED conditions to boons (Anet removed that ONLY because they said they felt it was more of a guardian thing). I still want to know why Anet felt the need to NERF the **ONLY** weapon in the game that did **ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE** every other weapon in the game does some damage to enemies. Warrior warhorn's no damage was apparently too OP and needed nerfed into the stone age.

Warhorn is weird because it's one of the only weapons with no real offense. It's purely supportive. And it's the weird kind of support (swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions on 4, vigor and weakness on 5). Even if it did convert 2 conditions into 2 boons, it's still terrible because it doesn't make any sense. None of the weapons benefit from it, it doesn't set up any damage like shield bash, and its untraited support is very weak.

Necro warhorn grants a 5 target pulsing life force battery and an unblockable daze. No blast but unblockable 3 second daze is stronk.

Tempest has 8 warhorn skills, all great. Also has a blast finisher.

Ranger grants offense and boon support, not to mention Unblockable to your pet. Also a blast finisher.

Warrior though? he makes you move faster and dodge a little bit more. Woo.

You'd have to majorly buff Warrior's Warhorn for it to be usable, for any reason. At a minimum, both skills should be blasts (for maximum Powerful Synergy usage).

Then it needs an identity. Personally, Tactics should be the team sustain, so I'd make it so the trait grant all warhorn skills convert up to 2 conditions into Vigor, and that Vigor granted by the Warrior heals every second (similar to the Ranger Protection Heal trait).

Additionally, we adjust the Banner Trait. Rename it to Invigorating Battle Standard, and make it spawn a mobile backpack version on the warrior. All Banners pulse a boon related to the type and Vigor instead of just Regen.

Oh, and reduce the cooldown and duration of all banners by 50%. Just to make them more usable.