[PvP] If Death Shroud and Reaper Shroud had no cooldown. How would you balance it?

kKagari.6804

Personally, I think that in the current meta climate it isn't too hard to imagine the change was made to remove the cooldown for Death Shroud and Reaper Shroud, with minor tweaks being made to tune the implications of removing the cooldowns.

The obvious ones would be the traits that offer effects on entry and exit of shroud would have a internal cooldown implmented, e.g. traits like Spiteful Spirit.

Secondly, I'd like to see skills like Death Spiral be reduced in both spins and cooldown, so that it could be used more frequently for smaller bursts. The recent change to Reaper's Onslaught is interesting, but does not work well in practice as it both pressures the Reaper into auto-attacking for long periods of time, and requires staying in shroud for prolonged periods of time.

As balance, probably reduce the innate damage reduction while in shroud from 50% to 33%.

I'm suggesting this because the mechanics behind these two shrouds have become archaic. The current meta is filled with classes that can either deal incredible pressure at range, disengage freely or have burst cycles of less than 10 seconds. For a class mechanic that can truly serve as our 'second health bar', we need better control and access to it; it already restricts the use of our skill bar.

I think this change can substantially improve the necromancer's toolset, and will reward skillful players that can make the most of weaving in and out of shroud to mitigate damage.

Seriously? you want to nerf reaper more? you would make reaper even more of a free kill in SPVP

I swear people won't be happy till necro has no fighting chance and is 100% free kill to all.

How about this:Since thief has so much mobility, they have to sacrifice 100% of their dmg, because they are a support class, same to mesmers eles and warriors

Oh but warrios have block and counter thats super op.can't have support and dmg because they are a support class, same as guardians.

If you want balance, then every class needs to be balanced so no 1 class dominates.

> @Axl.8924 said:

> Seriously? you want to nerf reaper more? you would make reaper even more of a free kill in SPVP

>

> I swear people won't be happy till necro has no fighting chance and is 100% free kill to all.

>

> How about this:Since thief has so much mobility, they have to sacrifice 100% of their dmg, because they are a support class, same to mesmers eles and warriors

> Oh but warrios have block and counter thats super op.can't have support and dmg because they are a support class, same as guardians.

>

> If you want balance, then every class needs to be balanced so no 1 class dominates.

What are you on about? How is removing CD from shroud a nerf? And how could you possibly keep stuff like spiteful spirit without ICD? You could just spam F1 all day and have spiteful spirit trigger endlessly?

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> > Seriously? you want to nerf reaper more? you would make reaper even more of a free kill in SPVP

> >

> > I swear people won't be happy till necro has no fighting chance and is 100% free kill to all.

> >

> > How about this:Since thief has so much mobility, they have to sacrifice 100% of their dmg, because they are a support class, same to mesmers eles and warriors

> > Oh but warrios have block and counter thats super op.can't have support and dmg because they are a support class, same as guardians.

> >

> > If you want balance, then every class needs to be balanced so no 1 class dominates.

>

> What are you on about? How is removing CD from shroud a nerf? And how could you possibly keep stuff like spiteful spirit without ICD? You could just spam F1 all day and have spiteful spirit trigger endlessly?

Personally I don't see how making it cost life more life force without icd will help much at all.

How will this help reaper in pve?

if it was made like this necro would need more access to mechancis like a block or vigor in baseform. costing more lifeforce to enter would in turn grant less time even if you can enter it any time. trying to enter it with like only 5k life force would only give you probably 1 hit after the lifeforce cost. it could work but core necro would need rework for it to work.

Necromancer would be infinetly more interesting if there was a short duration for shroud uptime but also a much faster life force gain, that way you are juggling between two actual life bars, rather than now, it feels like it's just a weapon set you can switch to every 10 seconds