Which Weapon Would You Like Warrior To Be Able To Use In End Of Dragons?

Mellow.7409

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.

There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.

Also, there already are some Sceptres that _somewhat_ resemble Javelins, like Coldsnap, the Stonehard Sceptre and the Sunspear Rod.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.

> There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.

> Also, there already are some Sceptres that _somewhat_ resemble Javelins, like Coldsnap, the Stonehard Sceptre and the Sunspear Rod.

Yeah, no. Besides a Javelin would be closer to the spear skins already in game, at which point just give us land spear as a thrown weapon and give us back Paragon as the new espec for warrior.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.

> > There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.

> > Also, there already are some Sceptres that _somewhat_ resemble Javelins, like Coldsnap, the Stonehard Sceptre and the Sunspear Rod.

>

> Yeah, no. Besides a Javelin would be closer to the spear skins already in game, at which point just give us land spear as a thrown weapon and give us back Paragon as the new espec for warrior.

I would very much welcome actual Javelins as a new weapon category myself.

But I just can't see Arenanet implementing a new weapon category, even if they just have to take the existing spear skins (and some of the Staff skins) and downscale them into a one-handed size.

Therefore, repurposing the Sceptre category in a way befitting for Warrior seems more realistic to me.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.

> > > There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.

> > > Also, there already are some Sceptres that _somewhat_ resemble Javelins, like Coldsnap, the Stonehard Sceptre and the Sunspear Rod.

> >

> > Yeah, no. Besides a Javelin would be closer to the spear skins already in game, at which point just give us land spear as a thrown weapon and give us back Paragon as the new espec for warrior.

>

> I would very much welcome actual Javelins as a new weapon category myself.

> But I just can't see Arenanet implementing a new weapon category, even if they just have to take the existing spear skins (and some of the Staff skins) and downscale them into a one-handed size.

> Therefore, repurposing the Sceptre category in a way befitting for Warrior seems more realistic to me.

Pistol/Pistol would be more realistic, but we'll have to agree to disagree there :+1:

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > Pistol/Pistol would be more realistic

>

> And my point was solely about spears, Pew/Pew wasn't related to it in the slightest.

>

>

My point was realistically that Pistol/Pistol would be easier on the Dev's part to make work not about Pew/Pew specifically as opposed to Chuck Magic Spears/X.

• 3 weeks later...