PoF Feels so Empty

Ceesa.1350

> @Ceesa.1350 said:

> To be clear, I'm not talking about content. There's plenty of stuff to do in the PoF maps, and I see events are always up. But that's a symptom of the problem: events are always up because there isn't anyone in the map. At least it doesn't feel like there are. Aside from the times where a commander is leading a bounty train I often feel pretty isolated in the PoF maps. I can travel quite a distance and not see any other players, and map chat is usually pretty silent compared to the HoT maps. I guess I just feel a lot like I'm playing a single player, offline RPG instead of an MMO when I'm in the PoF maps. I never had that feeling even once with HoT. Do you all agree or am I nuts?

Before PoF, there was nothing to do on foot. Now we have nothing to do on mounts. That's really how the game feels to me right now. For the last 2 nights, I just logged in to grab my login rewards and ended up logging to desktop five minutes later. I can hardly force myself to run any more fractals. The idea of doing any more HoT metas, or joining a bounty train, "just because" is laughable.

And please don't tell me about heart quests and achievements, and map exploration. I'd have to huff enough gasoline to lose 20 IQ points before I found that fun.

> @Fallesafe.5932 said:

> > @Ceesa.1350 said:

> > To be clear, I'm not talking about content. There's plenty of stuff to do in the PoF maps, and I see events are always up. But that's a symptom of the problem: events are always up because there isn't anyone in the map. At least it doesn't feel like there are. Aside from the times where a commander is leading a bounty train I often feel pretty isolated in the PoF maps. I can travel quite a distance and not see any other players, and map chat is usually pretty silent compared to the HoT maps. I guess I just feel a lot like I'm playing a single player, offline RPG instead of an MMO when I'm in the PoF maps. I never had that feeling even once with HoT. Do you all agree or am I nuts?

>

> Before PoF, there was nothing to do on foot. Now we have nothing to do on mounts. That's really how the game feels to me right now. For the last 2 nights, I just logged in to grab my login rewards and ended up logging to desktop five minutes later. I can hardly force myself to run any more fractals. The idea of doing any more HoT metas, or joining a bounty train, "just because" is laughable.

>

> And please don't tell me about heart quests and achievements, and map exploration. I'd have to huff enough gasoline to lose 20 IQ points before I found that fun.

So rather than what you don't wanna do, what _**do**_ you want to do if you don't mind me asking?

> @Dashiva.6149 said:

> > @Fallesafe.5932 said:

> > > @Ceesa.1350 said:

> > > To be clear, I'm not talking about content. There's plenty of stuff to do in the PoF maps, and I see events are always up. But that's a symptom of the problem: events are always up because there isn't anyone in the map. At least it doesn't feel like there are. Aside from the times where a commander is leading a bounty train I often feel pretty isolated in the PoF maps. I can travel quite a distance and not see any other players, and map chat is usually pretty silent compared to the HoT maps. I guess I just feel a lot like I'm playing a single player, offline RPG instead of an MMO when I'm in the PoF maps. I never had that feeling even once with HoT. Do you all agree or am I nuts?

> >

> > Before PoF, there was nothing to do on foot. Now we have nothing to do on mounts. That's really how the game feels to me right now. For the last 2 nights, I just logged in to grab my login rewards and ended up logging to desktop five minutes later. I can hardly force myself to run any more fractals. The idea of doing any more HoT metas, or joining a bounty train, "just because" is laughable.

> >

> > And please don't tell me about heart quests and achievements, and map exploration. I'd have to huff enough gasoline to lose 20 IQ points before I found that fun.

>

> So rather than what you don't wanna do, what _**do**_ you want to do if you don't mind me asking?

I'd like to do pretty challenging PvE content over an extended period of time in order to earn cool things that I want/need. But, because of the absurd hysteria everyone has about "gear-grinds," I'm utterly maxed out and don't need anything else. So unless I want to just do things for the intrinsic fun and joy of it with no rewards (I don't), there's nothing to do.

Apparently, the only way to prevent "gear treadmills" is to tune the game in such a way that you can become utterly and eternally maxed out across all your characters in 4 months.

Edit: And the connection this conversation has to the OP's post is that PoF is a perfect example of my point. After you scoop up all your loot and abilities (which takes about 4 days at a moderate pace), there's no reason to ever come back, unless you just love the hurr durr heart-quests THAT much.

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> i think you don't know the reason why it is called a desert, if i see a group of players every 5 seconds i would find it to crowded and especially in a desert.

That's just a terrible argument. It's not empty because it's a desert. It's empty because it's a boring, F minus expansion with a weekend's worth of content.

> @Fallesafe.5932 said:

> > @sorudo.9054 said:

> > i think you don't know the reason why it is called a desert, if i see a group of players every 5 seconds i would find it to crowded and especially in a desert.

>

> That's just a terrible argument. It's not empty because it's a desert. It's empty because it's a boring, F minus expansion with a weekend's worth of content.

maybe not F- but I would not rate it better than 3 out of 10 points

> @Fallesafe.5932 said:

> > @sorudo.9054 said:

> > i think you don't know the reason why it is called a desert, if i see a group of players every 5 seconds i would find it to crowded and especially in a desert.

>

> That's just a terrible argument. It's not empty because it's a desert. It's empty because it's a boring, F minus expansion with a weekend's worth of content.

Really? I don't think it's boring. I'm sure many of the people I meet there are still doing content as well. I still have lots to do in this expansion. _~shrugs~_

People are all over PoF maps. And that's just the thing that makes them seem empty. The maps are huge and there are many small scale things happening all over. There are not a lot of reasons for everyone to gather up like in HoT. when someone shouts out in map chat for help or whatever, you quickly see there are actually a lot of people around.

The maps feel empty because they are devoid of meaningful content. They are just large empty areas with no way to interact with anything. Killing respawns is not interacting with the map. Repeating the same map quests is not interacting with the map.

However I would also the say the same of HoT maps. But HoT maps also blow chunks. At least the PoF map layout is ok.

I do not know if others are like me, but to be honest, due to the higher difficulty of the areas there, I tend to go there only if I have some time on my hands and feel "fit" enough for "hard" stuff. And since I have a busy real life, that's not rare unfortunately. It leads me to a situation where 5 days a week, after work, I prefer to stay with easier things to do, in areas where I can better relax, take my time, observe in peace, explore without whatever foe attacking me immediately... So, by now, I tend to be in PoF only over the weekend, although I have a lot of things undone there. I have that same behaviour toward HoT. Laziness does a big part of it! :3

I feel the same. Sadly. Find myself going back to HoT, The living world 3 maps and even Dry Top

"> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I can sort of see why they are empty. They don't offer unique loot that is useful for anything (other than collections), they don't give any additional sources of ascended gear, they don't have new ascended stats, and the loot contracts aren't used for anything other than collections and keys. The desert is big and pretty, but otherwise I have a hard time finding a reason to be there."