[Suggestion] Profession's Dps contribution

Vitali.5039

Hello fellow Necromancers, it's a well known fact that our profession can't compete in term of direct dps.

I've created this topic (yes, another necro's dps QQ thread) to gather ideas across the ones who love to play the profession and also want to gladly be accepted in all the PvE scenarios.

My suggestions are this:

**1.** we should list our wishes on skills, traits and other things that could fit our theme while also not breaking the game.

**2.** we should also list how the change will impact the modes and if eventual skill splits should be needed

**3.** post only one wish per post and then wait for another fellow player's post, to keep the thread clean

[**Epidemic**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic):

Basically my first wish is to change epidemic into a skill that applies _Epidemic_ effect before spreading the conditions as it do right now.

If the target will be 1200 range away from the caster the explosion will not occour. _Epidemic_ effect last 5 seconds.

_Epidemic_ effect increase the duration of incoming conditions by 50% before spreading the conditions the target is currently suffering to nearby foes.

The increased duration hardly could lead to condition burst PvP wise, while in WvW the skill will have a 5 seconds tell of the _Epidemic_ effect to allert the player and make it react in time.

My suggested wish is meant to improve the skill usage and garant a group dps boost in PvE scenarios

Rending Shroud: Change the vulnerability to a non-stacking debuff that causes -150 toughness to affected enemies. Applies for 9 seconds every 3 seconds whilst in shroud. Alongside a few more plus damage traits, to get power reaper to the minimum of what raiders perceive as viable dps, this should allow raiders to take 1 power necro in a dps slot without feeling like they are weighing down the team.

> @Lahmia.2193 said:

> Rending Shroud: Change the vulnerability to a non-stacking debuff that causes -150 toughness to affected enemies. Applies for 9 seconds every 3 seconds whilst in shroud. Alongside a few more plus damage traits, to get power reaper to the minimum of what raiders perceive as viable dps, this should allow raiders to actively take 1 power necro in a dps slot without feeling like they are weighing down the team.

How much of a damage increase would that be?

> @TheLastNobody.8319 said:

> > @Lahmia.2193 said:

> > Rending Shroud: Change the vulnerability to a non-stacking debuff that causes -150 toughness to affected enemies. Applies for 9 seconds every 3 seconds whilst in shroud. Alongside a few more plus damage traits, to get power reaper to the minimum of what raiders perceive as viable dps, this should allow raiders to actively take 1 power necro in a dps slot without feeling like they are weighing down the team.

>

> How much of a damage increase would that be?

>

>

Not my original idea (can thank hash.8462 for it). His original post from the old forums stated against a 2000 armor foe (zerk light armor), about 8% extra physical damage. A 2600 armor foe (Test Golem), about 6% extra physical damage. A 4000 armor foe, about 4% extra physical damage.

I'm going with an incredibly unlikely to happen wish then:

**Minion skills**

Replace the 3 minions related traits in Death Magic by a new GM trait:

_Husk of the master_: Minion skills no longer summon minion but allow the necromancer to use the active command of the minion skills. For each minion skill equiped you lose 100 point of vitality (Minion skills that required the sacrifice of a minion do not require sacrifice anymore.)

Consequences: Give the necromancer access to 3 mobility skills, 2 controled Blast and 1 single target soft CC at the cost of 1000 health point per skill equiped and the loss of it's minion's dps.

Goal: Create a gamechanging trait meant to give to the necromancer more mobility and some QoL over our blast finishers.

NB.: I knew someone else would bring over _rending shroud_ and I hope that another will do the same for lich form...

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

>

> NB.: I knew someone else would bring over _rending shroud_ and I hope that another will do the same for lich form...

New Lich Form idea (though it kinda goes against the rending shroud idea, so I may have to rethink):

Renamed Unholy Power of the Lich

Consume all your life force and deal pulsing damage to nearby foes. The more life force you consume the higher the damage.

Damage: Numbers yet to be confirmed.

Ignores Blind

Number of targets: 5

Interval: 1 second

Duration: 5 seconds

Radius: 240

Recharge: 60 seconds

25%+ Life force consumed: +25% damage

50%+ Life force consumed: +50% damage

75%+ Life force consumed: +75% damage

Basically making it like a power version of Revenant's demon stance elite. Giving it the same treatment as Plague, so instead of being a niche transform, it becomes our go-to power elite.

edit: Or make it so Rending Shroud works all the time in combat, instead of just pulsing in shroud.

[**Fear of Death**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fear_of_Death)

Id wish the fear duration moved to [Terror](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Terror) trait and a complete trait rework:

_Fear of Death_: reaching 100% life force reduces Shroud's CD by 3 seconds. (ICD 7 sec)

Gain bonus damage after entering a Shroud based on your life force, 10 seconds (10% lf = +1% damage)

The trait should compete with Spectral Mastery and Vital Persistence (better survivability PvP wise) so its in the perfect spot to increase dps.

The trait also give the needed shroud's CD reduction, even if gated with the profession's resource.

Oh... that wasn't 1 wish per person but one wish per post...

**Signet of suffering**

I'd wish that the fact that the signet passive affect the necromancer become baseline and the trait return to a form where it promote active use of the signets.

_Signet of suffering:_ reduce signet cool down by 20%. Draw a condition from up to 5 allies around you upon using a signet. Whenever you draw a condition, gain a stackable (5 stack max) buff to power (+50) for 10 seconds.

The aim is mainly to promote active gameplay when you use signets skills along with the trait.

Another wish is to add Ferocity based on might stacks, similarly to warrior's Inspiring Presence with healing power, to Siphoned Power and to make it proc on foes afflicted with vulnerability, lowering the might stack to 1.

**[siphoned Power](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siphoned_Power)**

_Gain might when you strike a vulnerable foe. (ICD 1 sec)

Gain ferocity for each stack of might you have._

Might (10s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage

Attribute Adjust: 10

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> Hello fellow Necromancers, it's a well known fact that our profession can't compete in term of direct dps.

> I've created this topic (yes, another necro's dps QQ thread) to gather ideas across the ones who love to play the profession and also want to gladly be accepted in all the PvE scenarios.

>

> My suggestions are this:

> **1.** we should list our wishes on skills, traits and other things that could fit our theme while also not breaking the game.

> **2.** we should also list how the change will impact the modes and if eventual skill splits should be needed

> **3.** post only one wish per post and then wait for another fellow player's post, to keep the thread clean

>

> [**Epidemic**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic):

> Basically my first wish is to change epidemic into a skill that applies _Epidemic_ effect before spreading the conditions as it do right now.

> If the target will be 1200 range away from the caster the explosion will not occour. _Epidemic_ effect last 5 seconds.

>

> _Epidemic_ effect increase the duration of incoming conditions by 50% before spreading the conditions the target is currently suffering to nearby foes.

> The increased duration hardly could lead to condition burst PvP wise, while in WvW the skill will have a 5 seconds tell of the _Epidemic_ effect to allert the player and make it react in time.

>

> My suggested wish is meant to improve the skill usage and garant a group dps boost in PvE scenarios

>

>

Please do NOT do this to epi. Epidemic is my most useful tool in raids. This would literally ruin it. It needs to maintain its instant aoe for aoe damage, timing the epi for 5 seconds is just going to be a nightmare for killing adds quickly. Epi is literally our best skill. With blood is power as a close second. Don't touch those 2 abilities, please and thank you.

> @Renita.7824 said:

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > Hello fellow Necromancers, it's a well known fact that our profession can't compete in term of direct dps.

> > I've created this topic (yes, another necro's dps QQ thread) to gather ideas across the ones who love to play the profession and also want to gladly be accepted in all the PvE scenarios.

> >

> > My suggestions are this:

> > **1.** we should list our wishes on skills, traits and other things that could fit our theme while also not breaking the game.

> > **2.** we should also list how the change will impact the modes and if eventual skill splits should be needed

> > **3.** post only one wish per post and then wait for another fellow player's post, to keep the thread clean

> >

> > [**Epidemic**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic):

> > Basically my first wish is to change epidemic into a skill that applies _Epidemic_ effect before spreading the conditions as it do right now.

> > If the target will be 1200 range away from the caster the explosion will not occour. _Epidemic_ effect last 5 seconds.

> >

> > _Epidemic_ effect increase the duration of incoming conditions by 50% before spreading the conditions the target is currently suffering to nearby foes.

> > The increased duration hardly could lead to condition burst PvP wise, while in WvW the skill will have a 5 seconds tell of the _Epidemic_ effect to allert the player and make it react in time.

> >

> > My suggested wish is meant to improve the skill usage and garant a group dps boost in PvE scenarios

> >

> >

>

>

> Please do NOT do this to epi. Epidemic is my most useful tool in raids. This would literally ruin it. It needs to maintain its instant aoe for aoe damage, timing the epi for 5 seconds is just going to be a nightmare for killing adds quickly. Epi is literally our best skill. With blood is power as a close second. Don't touch those 2 abilities, please and thank you.

>

How could the instant AoE damage be better than +50% condition duration party wide for 5 seconds and then the AoE condition's spreading?

Remember that you could also cast it before landing your condi-load to increase the damage further your personal dps.

It would be a 5 seconds Lingering Curse for everyone on 13,5/20 sec CD, thinking it like a nerf isn't exactly what many peoples would do.

Of course it would be less useful to clear trash mob in open world.

Waiting for wishes~

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @Renita.7824 said:

> > > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > Hello fellow Necromancers, it's a well known fact that our profession can't compete in term of direct dps.

> > > I've created this topic (yes, another necro's dps QQ thread) to gather ideas across the ones who love to play the profession and also want to gladly be accepted in all the PvE scenarios.

> > >

> > > My suggestions are this:

> > > **1.** we should list our wishes on skills, traits and other things that could fit our theme while also not breaking the game.

> > > **2.** we should also list how the change will impact the modes and if eventual skill splits should be needed

> > > **3.** post only one wish per post and then wait for another fellow player's post, to keep the thread clean

> > >

> > > [**Epidemic**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic):

> > > Basically my first wish is to change epidemic into a skill that applies _Epidemic_ effect before spreading the conditions as it do right now.

> > > If the target will be 1200 range away from the caster the explosion will not occour. _Epidemic_ effect last 5 seconds.

> > >

> > > _Epidemic_ effect increase the duration of incoming conditions by 50% before spreading the conditions the target is currently suffering to nearby foes.

> > > The increased duration hardly could lead to condition burst PvP wise, while in WvW the skill will have a 5 seconds tell of the _Epidemic_ effect to allert the player and make it react in time.

> > >

> > > My suggested wish is meant to improve the skill usage and garant a group dps boost in PvE scenarios

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Please do NOT do this to epi. Epidemic is my most useful tool in raids. This would literally ruin it. It needs to maintain its instant aoe for aoe damage, timing the epi for 5 seconds is just going to be a nightmare for killing adds quickly. Epi is literally our best skill. With blood is power as a close second. Don't touch those 2 abilities, please and thank you.

> >

>

> How could the instant AoE damage be better than +50% condition duration party wide for 5 seconds and then the AoE condition's spreading?

> Remember that you could also cast it before landing your condi-load to increase the damage further your personal dps.

> It would be a 5 seconds Lingering Curse for everyone on 13,5/20 sec CD, thinking it like a nerf isn't exactly what many peoples would do.

>

> Of course it would be less useful to clear trash mob in open world.

>

> Waiting for wishes~

But why change a perfectly amazing ability instead of one of the many abilities no necro ever uses. Epi gives us a unique tool in pve raid right now that no other class has. And it's a very strong aoe ability in all situations. There is no reason to change a very good aoe ability into a single target useful ability. The idea of an increased condi duration curse is interesting but I would rather see it on a skill that we don't already use. The fact that you specifically mention giving people more time to react to the skill in wvw makes it sound to me like a nerf in wvw, cause it would rarely land if you hit a skilled player who would always run out of range. The fact that you mention open world and completely gloss over my concerns over raid make me wonder if you have raided on your necro. It's a cool effect that should in no way be tied to epi.

> @Renita.7824 said:

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > @Renita.7824 said:

> > > > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > > Hello fellow Necromancers, it's a well known fact that our profession can't compete in term of direct dps.

> > > > I've created this topic (yes, another necro's dps QQ thread) to gather ideas across the ones who love to play the profession and also want to gladly be accepted in all the PvE scenarios.

> > > >

> > > > My suggestions are this:

> > > > **1.** we should list our wishes on skills, traits and other things that could fit our theme while also not breaking the game.

> > > > **2.** we should also list how the change will impact the modes and if eventual skill splits should be needed

> > > > **3.** post only one wish per post and then wait for another fellow player's post, to keep the thread clean

> > > >

> > > > [**Epidemic**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic):

> > > > Basically my first wish is to change epidemic into a skill that applies _Epidemic_ effect before spreading the conditions as it do right now.

> > > > If the target will be 1200 range away from the caster the explosion will not occour. _Epidemic_ effect last 5 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > _Epidemic_ effect increase the duration of incoming conditions by 50% before spreading the conditions the target is currently suffering to nearby foes.

> > > > The increased duration hardly could lead to condition burst PvP wise, while in WvW the skill will have a 5 seconds tell of the _Epidemic_ effect to allert the player and make it react in time.

> > > >

> > > > My suggested wish is meant to improve the skill usage and garant a group dps boost in PvE scenarios

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Please do NOT do this to epi. Epidemic is my most useful tool in raids. This would literally ruin it. It needs to maintain its instant aoe for aoe damage, timing the epi for 5 seconds is just going to be a nightmare for killing adds quickly. Epi is literally our best skill. With blood is power as a close second. Don't touch those 2 abilities, please and thank you.

> > >

> >

> > How could the instant AoE damage be better than +50% condition duration party wide for 5 seconds and then the AoE condition's spreading?

> > Remember that you could also cast it before landing your condi-load to increase the damage further your personal dps.

> > It would be a 5 seconds Lingering Curse for everyone on 13,5/20 sec CD, thinking it like a nerf isn't exactly what many peoples would do.

> >

> > Of course it would be less useful to clear trash mob in open world.

> >

> > Waiting for wishes~

>

>

> But why change a perfectly amazing ability instead of one of the many abilities no necro ever uses. Epi gives us a unique tool in pve raid right now that no other class has. And it's a very strong aoe ability in all situations. There is no reason to change a very good aoe ability into a single target useful ability. The idea of an increased condi duration curse is interesting but I would rather see it on a skill that we don't already use. The fact that you specifically mention giving people more time to react to the skill in wvw makes it sound to me like a nerf in wvw, cause it would rarely land if you hit a skilled player who would always run out of range. The fact that you mention open world and completely gloss over my concerns over raid make me wonder if you have raided on your necro. It's a cool effect that should in no way be tied to epi.

>

The problem with others skills that we don't already use is the following: what skill could fit thematically such effect? The time to react part is to possibly implement such change while not making the skill overtuned.

The delayed attack part isn't so much a problem in raids, where things don't melt in seconds and for this I've mentioned open world PvE, where things dies too quickly to reap the new skill's benefits.

And please, don't suppose things about WvW whines and lack of necro raiding experience. Its not the case.

So, if my _wish_ could be improved I ask you: quote my wish and make it work on another skill and make the topic grow.

Wishing its free.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @Renita.7824 said:

> > There is no reason to change a very good aoe ability into a single target useful ability.

> Ps. Seems like you missed the "before spreading the conditions as it do right now."

I think Renita walue the fact that it have an instant effect, some reactivity. This delay that you put on it ruin quite a lot of things even if it's compensated by an increased condi duration. 5 seconds, be it in PvE, PvP or WvW can be an extremly long time where the taget of the skill can either die or find itself far away from the foes you want to strike. I understand that there might be a need for counterplay but there is already counterplay on the current _epidemic_. If you add counter play on top of counterpaly it quickly end up a mess.

_Epidemic_ is a strong skill, to the point that it's a controversial skill. It was designed around the way conditions worked before HoT and at that time it was already seen as borderline op. Any change on it might have consequences that could break the game or the purpose of the skill. If I was a developper, instead of changing it, I would probably cower and make a whole new skill, less dangerous for the game, that I could easily balance. The fact that this skill made it through 5 years of game is a miracle in itself.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> [**Epidemic**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic):

> Basically my first wish is to change epidemic into a skill that applies _Epidemic_ effect before spreading the conditions as it do right now.

> If the target will be 1200 range away from the caster the explosion will not occour. _Epidemic_ effect last 5 seconds.

>

> _Epidemic_ effect increase the duration of incoming conditions by 50% before spreading the conditions the target is currently suffering to nearby foes.

> The increased duration hardly could lead to condition burst PvP wise, while in WvW the skill will have a 5 seconds tell of the _Epidemic_ effect to allert the player and make it react in time.

>

> My suggested wish is meant to improve the skill usage and garant a group dps boost in PvE scenarios

>

>

I really don't like this idea. The current epidemic spits out 5 easy-to-spot green gobs of condi's which will hit up to 5 random targets in the radius of effect. If u see a green gob slowly arc down towards you, just sidestep that sh*t- it doesn't track it's so easy to avoid. It's previous iteration just hit 5 random targets, so you pretty much couldn't avoid it apart from sheer luck.

My wish would be...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unyielding_Blast

Change to : shroud skill 1 is unblockable

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> Another wish is to add Ferocity based on might stacks, similarly to warrior's Inspiring Presence with healing power, to Siphoned Power and to make it proc on foes afflicted with vulnerability, lowering the might stack to 1.

>

> **[siphoned Power](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siphoned_Power)**

> _Gain might when you strike a vulnerable foe. (ICD 1 sec)

> Gain ferocity for each stack of might you have._

>

> Might (10s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage

> Attribute Adjust: 10

I like the idea, but I would than personally change it to +10 Expertise per stack.

First of all would it better support hybrid builds, certainly with the addition of Grieving gear.

But it would also give condi necro's in general a reason (certainly in open world) to pick 'Spite' instead of for instance 'Blood Magic' or 'Soul Reaping'.

I know this isn't an Epidemic thread, but...

What if Epidemic turned into a unique debuff that increased duration and spread all conditions applied during the duration? It wold become less of a burst itself and more of a prep to burst. The extra duration would serve as a condition based GotL and the spread effect maintains its core concept. I can't imagine something like this hasn't been thought of.

> @Ghotistyx.6942 said:

> I know this isn't an Epidemic thread, but...

>

> What if Epidemic turned into a unique debuff that increased duration and spread all conditions applied during the duration? It wold become less of a burst itself and more of a prep to burst. The extra duration would serve as a condition based GotL and the spread effect maintains its core concept. I can't imagine something like this hasn't been thought of.

Honnestly that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The only issue I can see is that there might be technical difficulties to apply the extra duration buff on incoming conditions.

> @Ghotistyx.6942 said:

> I know this isn't an Epidemic thread, but...

>

> What if Epidemic turned into a unique debuff that increased duration and spread all conditions applied during the duration? It wold become less of a burst itself and more of a prep to burst. The extra duration would serve as a condition based GotL and the spread effect maintains its core concept. I can't imagine something like this hasn't been thought of.

Its a very good idea, but with this Epidemic could need the removal of the condition cap.

Another wish of mine is to turn [Grasping Darkness](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grasping_Darkness) into a double CC that could damage foes twice:

when the hand is extending the strucked foes should follow the hand (knockback)

and then beign pulled when the hand is retracting, damaging and chilling on both the part of the animation.

It could be useful for partially counter other professions PvP mobility while also garanting a better Chill Uptime for Cold Shoulder.

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> Honnestly that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The only issue I can see is that there might be technical difficulties to apply the extra duration buff on incoming conditions.

Shouldn't be any more difficult than the condition duration food effects, specifically the -X% ones. The proposed Epidemic would just be --X%, thereby making it positive. There's already been support for unique effects both as buffs and debuffs, so that shouldn't prevent the idea either.