Option to Toggle PvP Off/On In WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give credit for good troll post. 10/10, would click again to see all the people that still responds to your posts.

My first thought was: 13 people, with PVP mode off, one standing on each claim ring in each camp/tower/keep, and you have one entire borderland locked down. Put an elite on autocast for activity so you don't get throw out. W00t! WvW is busted! No more rewards for anyone!

I know i should not feed the troll but can't help myself.

The system you request is already in place. In order to reach it you press B, bottom right leave the mists and you have access to 25+ maps of all the stuff you listed minus the pvp aspect! Please stay there and don't look back and you make a lot of people happy! Including yourself.

Option to Toggle Trolls Off/On in WvW Forums

There are many players who don't really want to read trash posts that much in WvW forums, specifically people who want to provide valuable input, discussion or feedback. They would love the option to remove/vote down trash posts so that they are not aggravated by self-serving and entitled trolls. I know quite a few players who get extremely frustrated when they are just trying to get answers to questions, notify developers of requests or provide input on forum debates, and they have to read posts that they don't necessarily want to read and are obviously forum bait from a known troll.

Additionally, those who want to use their time efficiently and want to read only valid WvW posts would love this option as well, as not having to read trash posts results in less annoyance and waste of time of the WvW community, which leads to more effective use of intellectual resources.

It's also great for making the forums fair, as players who don't want to be bothered by silly posts don't have to see them and only those who are flagged up and willing will engage in trash posts on equal terms with others who are flagged up as well.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > > > Wvw is a pk zone. If you dislike player killing or getting killed, pve game mode provides it, where you can focus on nps for more loots.

> > >

> > > Yah but you can't get wvw rewards from this.

> >

> > Then accept the PvP aspect. Why? Because from the [Wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World):

> > _World versus World (also known as WvW) is a **Player versus Player game mode** where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several hundreds of players per map._

> >

> > The very notion of not being able to challenge players who are taking your objective is extremely idiotic.

> >

> > I do wonder exactly what troll thread you will come up with next based on with you 'I am the defender of people' attitude. And if you are not trolling I am very glad that everything you propose for the reasons you propose it will **never** make it into the game mode.

>

> That's not nice, there are a lot of people who just want a few rewards, the daily or gift of battle without being harassed. A lot of players like being left alone.

Honesty, its WvW and its meant for players to get harassed if they don't play the mode correctly. Getting rewards from PvP zone should only be given to those that participate in the PvP aspect of the game. You would want the company to create the PVE side of the game with the option to TOGGLE ON/OFF the PvP. You wont get that with a dedicated game mode to PvP like WvW.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

>I know quite a few players who get extremely frustrated when they are just trying to do the daily or are trying to get wvw rewards in k-train for the gift of battle for legendaries, and they have to engage in pvp that they don't necessarily want to engage in.

Okay, who wanted this specifically? Don't make such claims without any backup.

Also I wish signatures were a thing, so he can put "The Complainer" back down there so people would understand his Snowflake Troll character can be largely ignored. D:

Simple solution for you if you don't like wvw play another game; there exists many games out there. Not every game has to cater to every one.

You play what there is like it was 30 years ago. Stop being entitled.

I play games that i like and things i don't like i don't play. So if you don't like it don't play it. That simple instead of ruining it for every one else.

It can be bad as a new player in WvW but keep practising on your individual fighting skills and you will start to enjoy killing those who have come for the kill...

A friend of mine is getting into WvW and while we were roaming to a local camp he had a Thief jump on him, Thief ignored me at my rank 2600 but killed my friend 4-5 times, friend was only rank 3. He'd try to gank me, but one hit would make him run so he waited for me to rez friend then he would jump in again and spike him..... By the time we reached north camp my friend had figured out how to deal with the thief and eventually killed him and like most baddies who finally got a kill, he went over and jumped on his corpse.

PvP in WvW is just apart of the game experience, how you use that experience or if you enjoy it is up to you.

This does at least raise a point that used to be an issue in the vanilla game. For map completion one had to do the WvW maps to get their exploration gifts. The Gift of Battle is the only item now tied to making legendary items in the case that a primarily PvE player would have to step into WvW for any reason.

Is the game better off having such requirements in place as it was in the vanilla version to make legendaries, or maybe a player should be able to get these items in another way so they do not have to enter WvW ever.

Last I read about Arenanet speaking on the nature of legedaries is that having a legendary weapon is something that should be only possible when a player has dabbled in all modes and shown some level of dedication.

If there is such an option, players will abuse it.

1) flag up and travel to objective, unflag and capture, flag and move.

2) pver flag up taking up real wvwer seats and greatly reduce a world's fighting capactity

3) flag up as scout and report enemy activity as clear as possible without risk

Why go into wvw if you can't accept being striked down by another player. For years i have been defending PvE to be a pvp free area, i will do the same for wvw, it is not a place for pure pver. If you can't survive 10 feet out of spawn without a zerg, means you are not ready.