question regarding warriors in fractals

Iceman.5912

Hi, all, I consider myself a reasonably competent warrior player and have done t4 fractals successfully. That being said, on most fractal runs I have to deviate from the metabattle PS power build by switching to rifle to range bosses like Bloomhunger, Legendary Brazen Gladiator, Legendary Shaman, and Thaumanova Reactor. I'll still get in close during some phases, especially when the breakbar is down, but in order to maintain some sort of DPS going I need to be at range or I die. Also, I need healing signet in order to survive most fights.

My question is: Am I a 'baddie' because I need to do this? Is it a l2p issue? Or is it because I'm jumping in random groups that aren't optimized/coordinated? And if it's a l2p issue, I'm guessing I need to be able to "read" the boss and react, which I find difficult due to the screen usually being cluttered with spells/effects/groupies/etc. Is there a graphic setting you recommend to help with this?

Thanks for the input and I'm open to any/all constructive critiques.

It's because you're jumping into random groups that aren't optimized and coordinated. If you want to be more effective while having the OPTION to range without losing too much DPS or might gen slowly build up your condi PS viper set. Power is really only more effective if your group is so good they're killing most bosses within their stunned breakbar period.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> Warrior is not a melee-only class, bruh.

>

> When raiding, I rely more on my Longbow than I do my Sword+Torch.

OK, good to hear. I though so, but no where in the Metabattle build (https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Phalanx_Strength) does it mention anything about ranged. So, I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong since they don't contemplate any range situations/tweaks.

> @Iceman.5912 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > Well, Power is different than Condition.

> >

> > Longbow is generally seen as a far superior weapon to Rifle.

>

> Just to confirm, you're talking about condi builds (longbow is superior)?

Well, see the problem with Warriors currently is that Condition is generally "better" than Power, so yes that's part of it.

But I've heard about Power Warriors apparently adopting the Longbow over the Rifle as well so I'm not too sure.

I generally go two melee weapons when I play around with Power so I haven't tested it personally.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Iceman.5912 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > Well, Power is different than Condition.

> > >

> > > Longbow is generally seen as a far superior weapon to Rifle.

> >

> > Just to confirm, you're talking about condi builds (longbow is superior)?

>

> Well, see the problem with Warriors currently is that Condition is generally "better" than Power, so yes that's part of it.

>

> But I've heard about Power Warriors apparently adopting the Longbow over the Rifle as well so I'm not too sure.

>

> I generally go two melee weapons when I play around with Power so I haven't tested it personally.

The two are surprisingly very, very close.