Fractals Takes More Skill Than Raids

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Cynn.1659 said:

> Seems balanced just fine to me.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/gFlzoXl.png "")

> @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> If I show you screen of arcdps from some pug where I'm top1 DPS on necro does that mean it needs to be nerfed because it's too OP? Because that's definitely your line of argumentation

> @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> https://www.gw2raidar.com/encounter/KneeNoseGenerationsInevitablyLivelier here, as you can see, weavers do same dps as reapers, they are perfectly fine and balanced but reapers have 2 health bars so they shouldnt reach this number, nerf reapers.

>

> ...right?

It's funny that if you combine those 2 'screens/statistics', the Reaper still ends up far behind even the 2 CPS's (Berserkers) from the first 'screen' ... Just a funny anecdote, of course ...

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> It's funny that if you combine those 2 'screens/statistics', the Reaper still ends up far behind even the 2 CPS's (Berserkers) from the first 'screen' ... Just a funny anecdote, of course ...

I've read somewhere that MO and Deimos are different bosses. Not sure, but it sounds legit.

On an unrelated note, CPS's from subli's log are 8k and 7k respectively.

Let me explain ... my post is pretty much AS random as that conversation in the first place is. Just like Subli's first post about stating Cynn's logic/argumentation, which obviously has nothing to do with that, but (_I presume_) more on the raw numbers ... not on relatively being top in your party b*llcrap ...

Sounds legit, right?

> @Cobrakon.3108 said:

> I find that raids are mostly boring rotations. Its just tedious work, but the best gameplay for pve content imo has been fracs. Yeah you can speed run etc, but fracs is more dynamic especially with pubs. DPS has to actually think a lot more about healing and surviving for themselves instead of just mindless rotations. I feel like the roles are more fluid. For instance if i want to play medi thief..... I can deal a lot of damage, then see team mates downed and drop a shadow refuge and heal them etc.. With raids it just feels so monotonous. So even if finishing a fractal can seem easier its only because you can pick of the slack of the group and make more of a difference. In raids the bosses can sit in one spot too long... its just so meh...

>

> It just makes dps meters just ridiculous. It should be more like.... dodge> run> strong ability>back out>come in> etc

> Auto attacks are too important. In fact for a lot of classes auto attack only vs max dps is only like 10-30 percent difference. That's insane. The group shouldnt be able to tank so much damage and just sit there maxing dps for so long. It should be more dynamic where you are in and out causing big hits then coming back out.

>

> I would say that raid bosses need less hp but are harder to just stand there and max dps.

>

> Then instead of certain classes or rotations easily maxing dps, you would have those who have more skill maxing dps.

>

> I just feel the balance of raids is off. Its too generic. 10-30 difference between auto attack only and max dps.... thats just not right. Its like someone took your soda and watered it down.

I'm not sure this is a fair critique of the raid scene. It sounds like you appreciate the flexibility of the Fractals, which is great! They are very flexible, puggable, and you can get them done before the work day starts. Raids need a different level of dedication, require synergies with other professions to succeed, and you have to consider the rest of your team's build. To oversimplify the encounters makes for a faulty argument since organizing raids and whatnot require leadership skills, and an understanding of the synergies, combo fields, and all this stuff. On top of that, there are those mechanics so yeah.