Top Posters In This Topic

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @Bossun.2046 said:

> > > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > > > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holy kitten this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> > > >

> > > > actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> > > > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > > > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

> > >

> > > No u cant

> >

> > What would you know about a quality thief.

>

> well, he's only the best thief in the game. so he probably knows nothing about thief lol /s

Doesn't look too tough. Can't even kill a SP 1v1

I never played warrior prior to this season aside from probably 5-10 games. This season I jumped on my SB and was immediately able to roll over people in Plat without even practicing. Without even knowing all of the abilities I could pretty reliably just go to far and 1v2 while picking up kills. The spec definitely needs to be toned down a bit...but I do think it should be minor changes to start. The way the class works I think it could easily go from OP to the bench with just a few poorly thought out changes.

OK

war is OP because people fail not to hit and trigger once spell?

OK...

how about that SP has skill range of 130 ? kiting SP is easy as Flack

From My experience in random 1vs1

I have meet Elems I killed with 100Hp and

I've meet Elems that I barely managed to land a hit and who never Triggered FC ......

and the same is about all classes ......all of them have something that can counter SP and FC.....

But people don't want to adapt to new good class in PVP they want new good class to be nerfed and adapted to their Neverending metas Like hm Thiefs ?

Don't forget that we allso talking about a Class that is a Might Bot in PVE and now people ask it to be shit and in PVP ......

COMMON SENS !!!!

PVP players are of 2 types

11111222223333 qqqq eeee rrrr Gggg 1112222 333 444 555 I mean keyboard facerolling newbies who Clast skill after I triggered FC .....

and they who don't trigger FC and often burst me down

Just as I have buidl aganist condi classes but I have to give up on skill thet revels stelth just to be more effective against scorge and as result good thiefs Mesmers and even rarely enginers can cause sirious troubles

> @StickerHappy.8052 said:

> > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holy kitten this.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> > >

> > > actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> > > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

> >

> > No u cant

>

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> > * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> >

> > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> >

> > But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

>

> Thief? LOL

>

> > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holy kitten this.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> > >

> > > actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> > > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

> >

> > No u cant

>

> Coming from the best thief in the game.

You do realize that bluri's response was clearly in reference to the fact that it is not easy to quickly + and kill a spellbreaker in a 2v1. The same thing could be said about Scrapper or Firebrand or even a DH or Tempest. He was NOT responding to my comment made about Thief actually countering Spellbreaker in a 1v1 situation where you don't have flat footed team mates procing the Full Counter and fueling the Warrior's heal.

I know the mechanics need a slight change. I've already put 2x suggestions into this thread myself. But let's not over exaggerate the problem by creating twisted up trumpish responses, in attempts to fuel our own opinions. It is that type of behavior that results in a class getting nerfed so hard that it is unusable.

Warrior has seen less play in tournaments than any other class. Just relax and let small changes put it into balance. Otherwise, we'll have Warrior at bottom tier again. Of course... if that's what you're aiming at, then continue with your hate propaganda.

> > > > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> > > >

Not if your running anything involving clones / phantasms because their attacks trigger FC, GG...

> > > > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> > > >

^ This 1000%, can't tell you how many times I've tried to use my scepter block ( scepter 3 ) and still get hit by kitten FC because it's AOE and unlockable. So much for counterplay I guess

> > > lol are you being sarcastic or something? Thief equal in 1v1 vs SB? Mirage toe to to vs SB? kitten, I must be missing something, I can't even +1 a good spellbreaker unless my spellbreaker is heavily outplaying him.

> > >

> > > for the love of god i do hope you are joking

> >

> > The only reason SBs win 1v2 is due to the mindless spam through their shield block and triggering FC. Warrior as a whole is very telegraphed in their actions and FC is a very noticeable attack compared to many others (visual and sound along with delay). Fights with SB are also drawn out and their burst, just like with FC, requires their opponent to mess up.

> >

But it really doesn't, it's less than a second cast time, AOE, and unlockable so if your a mesmer with clones / phantasms up and they happen to hit the SB when he pops FC, you're going to get hit. It basically punishes certain builds and classes that have pets or are melee.

> > I always see the complaints about losing to FC spamming SBs, meanwhile I am just laughing at all the SBs I see who don't even get half their FCs popped because I just stand there watching them being confused as to why I didn't attack them during the painfully obvious FC.

>

what class do you play?

> If you're in the middle of an attack when the spellbreaker hits full counter, you activate it. If you're a mesmer or necromancer or ranger with a pet out, you activate it. If you're a burn guardian, you activate it. It isn't just direct attacks from the player that activate it; it's also AoEs with any kind of duration on them and AI (ranger pets or mesmer illusions). Then, there's the animation bug, with full counter's visual effects _always active_. Which, by the way, happens literally every other game in which a spellbreaker is present. The only way to avoid hitting their full counters when that happens is to not attack them at all.

>

Pretty Much

> Another issue I have is that spellbreakers use the passives from the core warrior. Nobody should be able to get away with slotting a healing skill but never activating the damned thing. Against other professions, preventing their sustain is a matter of skill. Warriors, unfortunately, can be attacking, immune to damage, and healing themselves all at the same time, along with forcing evades due to full counter. That's one reason why warriors always tend to be either useless or overpowered in PvP: their healing skill can't be interrupted, they get multiple strong passively activated traits (two from the same line, in fact), and tons of mobility. The drawback used to be the telegraphed skills, but that's less of a thing now because dagger skills are not telegraphed and all of your dodge rolls tend to get used up against full counter (assuming the spellbreaker is at least semi-competent and knows to activate it while you're attacking, or in a way that gets them hit by AoE or AI), which makes the greatsword more useful.

^ This, I really hate how Anet has been increasing the amount of invulns / passive procs with each new spec they release. I personally prefer a more active and engaging play style, the game shouldn't have to cover for your mistakes or be a crutch.

> @Dante.8965 said:

> lol but seriously SB as a counter and its easy to kill SB. Please dont keep saying its OP its just that you dont know how to counter him. You can pretty much kill him easy as long as you know how to kite and range dps

I know, right? It's not like this is a point-capture game mode or anything, so there's absolutely no benefit to standing in those blue or red circles that for some reason are on the maps....right?

> @Tristan.5678 said:

> OK

> war is OP because people fail not to hit and trigger once spell?

> OK...

> how about that SP has skill range of 130 ? kiting SP is easy as Flack

> From My experience in random 1vs1

>

> I have meet Elems I killed with 100Hp and

> I've meet Elems that I barely managed to land a hit and who never Triggered FC ......

> and the same is about all classes ......all of them have something that can counter SP and FC.....

>

> But people don't want to adapt to new good class in PVP they want new good class to be nerfed and adapted to their Neverending metas Like hm Thiefs ?

>

> Don't forget that we allso talking about a Class that is a Might Bot in PVE and now people ask it to be kitten and in PVP ......

>

> COMMON SENS !!!!

>

> PVP players are of 2 types

>

> 11111222223333 qqqq eeee rrrr Gggg 1112222 333 444 555 I mean keyboard facerolling newbies who Clast skill after I triggered FC .....

> and they who don't trigger FC and often burst me down

>

> Just as I have buidl aganist condi classes but I have to give up on skill thet revels stelth just to be more effective against scorge and as result good thiefs Mesmers and even rarely enginers can cause sirious troubles

>

>

that is the problem with the people playing pvp, but it is no different to any other pvp game out there. The same happens in LoL and Dota 2. Most people are super bad but cannot admit that and try to find a reason for why they get killed all the time on the forums. They cry and cry and eventually the class they cry about gets nerfed, but they still keep dying in pvp. Because it was not the class they cried about that was the reason why they are so bad, no it is just their inability to learn from mistakes and then the next "op" class keeps on killing them and they cry again.

I'm still for the idea of making full counter single target. Although, since the spellbreaker is finally using some more obvious magic, I don't see a problem with making it 2000 range and single target. So they can better fight against kitters. Heck, I'm even okay with it hitting every target that hits the full counter during a 0.5 second interval. I just don't think full counter should be able to kill people who are actively avoiding hitting the warrior, but still getting blasted by their teammates who are triggering full counter from a distance or worse, from melee.

First thing: You can't prevent FC from triggering unless you are in a 1v1, have good ping, a mediocre opponent, and aren't playing a class with passive damage.

* It triggers if you started an attack before the SB uses FC.

* It triggers if the Warrior runs over some pre-existing ground aoe

* It triggers if a pet or clone or anything attacks the SB

* It triggers off cross-battlefield shots or AOE attacks that accidentally come too close, etc.

Second: I would probably be fine with FC if it didn't just DO EVERYTHING at once. Damage, CC, Unblockable, AOE, Resistance, Sustain. It becomes a must-dodge ability, and it's going to trigger every time it's up (see above).

So we have to dodge it:

* Assuming no vigor, it takes 10s to regenerate endurance for 1 dodge

* ... but FC is on a ~7-8s cooldown. We already don't have enough dodges to keep up with it

* AND we have to dodge other things like Shield Bash, Whirlwind, Bursts, Bull's Charge, etc.

In summary: Must-dodge skill that does way too much on a shorter cooldown than dodge regen that can't really be played around except in very specific situations.

Fix that shit.

> @Yamazuki.6073 said:

> > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> > > * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > > * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> > >

> > > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> > >

> > > But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

> >

> > lol are you being sarcastic or something? Thief equal in 1v1 vs SB? Mirage toe to to vs SB? kitten, I must be missing something, I can't even +1 a good spellbreaker unless my spellbreaker is heavily outplaying him.

> >

> > for the love of god i do hope you are joking

>

> The only reason SBs win 1v2 is due to the mindless spam through their shield block and triggering FC. Warrior as a whole is very telegraphed in their actions and FC is a very noticeable attack compared to many others (visual and sound along with delay). Fights with SB are also drawn out and their burst, just like with FC, requires their opponent to mess up.

>

> I always see the complaints about losing to FC spamming SBs, meanwhile I am just laughing at all the SBs I see who don't even get half their FCs popped because I just stand there watching them being confused as to why I didn't attack them during the painfully obvious FC.

yeah or you fight a good sb who will fc something thats incoming, > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @StickerHappy.8052 said:

> > > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> > > >

> > > > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > > > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

> > >

> > > No u cant

> >

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> > > * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > > * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> > >

> > > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> > >

> > > But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

> >

> > Thief? LOL

> >

> > > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No u cant

> >

> > Coming from the best thief in the game.

>

> You do realize that bluri's response was clearly in reference to the fact that it is not easy to quickly + and kill a spellbreaker in a 2v1. The same thing could be said about Scrapper or Firebrand or even a DH or Tempest. He was NOT responding to my comment made about Thief actually countering Spellbreaker in a 1v1 situation where you don't have flat footed team mates procing the Full Counter and fueling the Warrior's heal.

>

> I know the mechanics need a slight change. I've already put 2x suggestions into this thread myself. But let's not over exaggerate the problem by creating twisted up trumpish responses, in attempts to fuel our own opinions. It is that type of behavior that results in a class getting nerfed so hard that it is unusable.

>

> Warrior has seen less play in tournaments than any other class. Just relax and let small changes put it into balance. Otherwise, we'll have Warrior at bottom tier again. Of course... if that's what you're aiming at, then continue with your hate propaganda.

No thief cant 1v1 a spellbreaker trevor

> @Elegie.3620 said:

> * Resistance only acts against conditions, it does not block CC, physical damage... and it can be stripped or corrupted. If you avoid hitting Full Counter and would simply kite it, it is active about 15s per minute (what players call "near-perma" in these forums).

Resistance from berzerk stance is pulsing. Not every class has access to a boon removal every 3 seconds.

Do you think 15s out of 60s is not a lot? 25% of the time where the only ""counter"" is to just don't attack the enemy? It is beyond broken.

What they need to remove....

Pulsing ressistance, pulsing stability and unblockable shit from full counter need to be removed.

Give them 1 stack of stability for 10 sec like every other class has passive (2 pulsing every 3 sec is just too much).

Give them ressistance for 5 sec (not 25 like now).

Full counter is blockable.

= balance.

> @bluri.2653 said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> > * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> >

> > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> >

> > But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

>

> lol are you being sarcastic or something? Thief equal in 1v1 vs SB? Mirage toe to to vs SB? kitten, I must be missing something, I can't even +1 a good spellbreaker unless my spellbreaker is heavily outplaying him.

>

> for the love of god i do hope you are joking

It would seem to be a bit different in 1v1s where different builds are used and node capturing is not an objective. Mirage is slightly stronger than Spellbreaker in these types of situations. It's mainly due to Blink/Jaunt/Elusive Mind. The Mirage is anti-burst and completely nullifies the Warrior's forte of CC/Bursting. It puts the Warrior in a situation where he must use Spellbreaker for FC and the resistance or he can't survive the kiting Mirage and it's pressure. So this further eliminates the Warrior's DPS options. The Warrior has 2x options: Play defensively and survive or attempt to kill the Mirage. The Mirage won't likely kill the Spellbreaker if he is playing purely defensively but if he actually attempts to fight and kill the Mirage, he has to take risks in attempts to land DPS, which is ridiculously difficult to do on a Mirage in a non-conquest 1v1 death match setting, where the Mirage isn't worried about defending a node. So again, we are talking about the difference between a Spellbreaker going purely defensive and defending a side node in a conquest match when a Mirage is on the node with him and when a Spellbreaker actually has to chase the Mirage when it is kiting him around, not worried about defending a node at all.

As far as Thief is concerned, it's the same idea as the above ^ You have a big difference between conquest specs while holding nodes and 1v1 specs where nodes are not an objective. A Deadeye can kill a Spellbreaker very easily without ever needing to get into melee range. The standard Spellbreaker specs in conquest are unable to land AH vs. a Deadeye in 1v1. It forces the Spellbreaker to go mace/shield & rifle for reflects and ranged, to fight the Deadeye. Which unfortunately, killshot is ridiculous easy to avoid in a focused 1v1 situation like that but it's the Warrior's only choice against a hard hitting ranged opponent with high mobility and lots of stealth. But yes I agree, amongst standard conquest specs, a Thief is not going to hop on a node and kill a defending Spellbreaker in most situations.

This next part is not aimed at you Bluri, but rather the people posting UBER nerf propagand and I only point it out because no one else has. I see these comments about the unholy power of Spellbreaker and I 100% understand that this is the spvp forum and everyone is speaking in reference to conquest. But remember that people do 1v1 duel in custom arenas and that WvW roaming/scouting/zerging is still a thing. The difference of game style dynamic is enormously different between 1v1ing on a small conquest node vs. meeting and 1v1ing some perpetually stealthed Deadeye out in borderland field while trying to run to a PIN. A good question to bring up is this: *Are the classes really that imbalanced? or is it the conquest match style that makes things look imbalanced?* Again, I understand this is the spvp forum and that this thread is a discussion on Spellbreaker balance. But to really give good feedback, people need to understand the dynamics of these classes beyond spvp matches, if they want to give good feedback and have Arenanet pay attention. Arenanet has stated plenty of times, that they balance things game-wide, not for individual modes. Which honestly... they should be splitting skill effects again per game mode at this point after PoF release. Some of the new specs just have extreme differences in functionality between game modes. Excellent in one mode, terrible in another. Spellbreaker is once again the example to be used: OP in spvp but completely useless and entirely unwanted in pve.

It's time for Arenanet to start doing things the way they did in GW1, concerning splitting skill effects per game mode. Spvp needs it's own balance due to the very unique dynamic of conquest matches. Not sure who heads the big decisions but if they'd grant the spvp team the ability to make some powerful balance changes unique to conquest, we could see a much more balanced, stable and build diverse game mode.